I am so sick of winter I could puke! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Beginner

March 19th, high today in the mid 30's. 

They are predicting snow AGAIN monday next week.  No warm up in the 10 day forcast expected, at least nothing greater then 50 degrees.

I am so sick of cold, cold, cold, Damn F#&# COLD!  Always cold.  And if we have a day where it gets above 50, then it rains, and rains for two days, then back to F%#^ cold again!

I am sorry, I am venting, but I truely hate winter, always have.  I wish, oh how I wish oh wish I could live in the south west where it is warm and sunny all year round.  But nooooooo, Kentucky is the only place I could find a job, it is cold, miserable, VERY vegan un-friendly, I hate it here, nothing to do.  I am stuck here because it is the only place I could find a job. 

GRRRRRR, venting because I am sick of winter, I have the major winter blues, because this winter just will NOT end.  The 10 day forcast is always the same, cold, cold, cold, cold.  Never a break!  I may go into the bathroom here at work and cry.  I am serious.  I am so depressed right now because I made the mistake of looking at the 10 day forcast, and didn't see an end to the cold.  What I wouldn't give to be in Big Bend Natioal park right now, walking through the desert, 80 degree dry heat.  Sunshine....oh beautiful sunshine, and warmth, oh so warm.....how I miss the soft warmth of summer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM

I'm just a few hours drive from Big Bend and, yea, it's a great place. I'm a winter hater too. Used to live in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas where freezes are rare and fruits and veggies grow year round. Love to move back down there if work allows.

#3 Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaul View Post

I'm just a few hours drive from Big Bend and, yea, it's a great place. I'm a winter hater too. Used to live in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas where freezes are rare and fruits and veggies grow year round. Love to move back down there if work allows.

Hey, that is awesome!  I am planning a vacation to Big Bend National Park this summer.  I used to live in Houston, TX.  Can't say I was crazy about it, but one think I did like is the mild winters.  I sooooo miss that.  But the summers were pretty rough.  90's every day for 7 months straight, and high humidity.

That is why I wish I could live in West Texas, or New Mexico, or Arizona.  Where it never gets too cold, and the heat is dry heat, and the sun is always shining.  Oh, what a great place that would be to live.  I could grow a garden all year round!! 

Then again, I do actually still have plants well into winter here.  I found out that brussel sprouts will grow  well into December here.  Even January.  I planted brussel sprouts last year in October, after my Tomatos died.  They did really well.  I harvested them in December and January.  They were really good too.  Not bitter at all.  I even ate the leaves. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Winter sucks. I'll take heat with or without humidity any day. On the first day of spring we had a low of 11 F. That's insane. I need to move.

#5 Old 03-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Impeach the gangster

I'm in Wisconsin. Was minus five-degrees the other morning. Flurries expected for the next few days. I was raised in Texas, and have lived in sunny Florida, sunny Arizona and sunny southern California. To say that this place takes getting used to would be an understatement!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#6 Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in NE Ohio just below the snow belt. I tend to enjoy the beginning of any season, but by the end I'm really ready for it to change. We had our warmest March record last year, and this March is about 5 degrees cooler than average. We got three inches of snow today. I was thankful it wasn't more, because more was predicted, but I am sick of winter, too.

I try to remind myself that I live in an area that doesn't get much in the way of natural disasters, it's cheap to live here, and I have most of what I want and/or need here. Doesn't mean I'm not ready for something above 35 degrees out.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#7 Old 03-08-2015, 05:50 AM
Beginner

wow

Hard for me to understand the hate towards the beautiful changing seasons we are blessed with around this area??? You guys/gals should take more of an optimists approach and at the very least embrace the winter cold, as it helps you to appreciate the warmer times that much more...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page