Hi from North Central Iowa. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM

I live in a small town in North Central Iowa and have been vegetarian for a year.  I always thought it would be too difficult to be a vegetarian here, but it has been much easier than I expected. 

Since there is only one smaller grocery store in town, with larger ones being at least 45 miles away, finding produce and other vegetarian products like TVP has at times been a challenge.  But with some planning I can make trips to Mason City or Ames to shop for items that I can't find in town.

I still am so glad I decided to make the change to vegetarian and am working on becoming vegan.  It is great to see that there are other vegetarians and vegans in Iowa.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 PM

Welcome!!

#3 Old 03-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Riot Nrrrd

I have relatives in Mason City. I've always been surprised that both Hy-Vee and Cashwise had fairly decent selections of food I'd want to eat. Plus there is a co-op (or was - it's been awhile since I've been to Mason City).

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM

Yes, Hy-vee does have a nice selection.  I haven't heard of a co-op in Mason City but will do some checking on that and see if I can find it. 

#5 Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisaunicorn View Post

Welcome!!

Thank you, I hope to find people in my area to be able to chat about where they like to grocery shop and where they like to eat out.  Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page