Indiana Restaurants In Indianapolis - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey all! I am going to Indianapolis for Spring Break and am looking for some cheap, yummy places to eat!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

Wow that Udupi cafe looks great!

http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=1982
#3 Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

One of the best sites to check is http://indyethnicfood.com. You can search by veg-friendly (these are rated by locals who eat at the restaurants, not "professional" reviewers; basically they might not have a lot of choices) and part of the city, cost, ethnicity, etc.

I love Indian food and think Shalimar and India Palace are the best, but Udupi is good too. Their food is a different style (different region of India) so it may not be as familiar if you normally eat other types of Indian food. But Udupi is the only all-veg place in Indy.

I found a Chinese place on the northside that has seitan! Only place in town I think. Check out Sesame Chinese Restaurant on that site.

Other favorites: Broad Ripple Brew Pub, Some Guys Pizza (and WB Pizza across the street has vegan choices), Yats (CHEAP!), Scholar's Inn, Santorini's, Mediterrano Cafe, Cairo Cafe, Three Sisters, R Bistro if you like fancy stuff. Good chains include Noodles & Co., Stir Crazy, Qdoba. I also really like the Peruvian place Machu Picchu but they only have two veg things (just really good ones).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 AM

We're going to be in Indianapolis soon. We have two children, ages 5 and 7, and they aren't wild about Indian food, though my wife and I love it. Any recommendations that are family friendly. The Broad Ripple Brewpub, WB Pizza, and Sesame look good. Has anybody tried Tulip Noir? Also, any hints on places that are close to touristy stuff like the zoo and museums; I'm unfamiliar with Indianapolis, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
#5 Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 AM

When are you planning to come to Indianapolis? Or have you already? There are alot of great places here.Some you have mentioned in Broadripple but also alot in central Indianapolis area. I live close to the new stadium,the Indianapolis Zoo and Museum is not far.There is a farmers market once a week downtown ,they actually block street off to have it.
#6 Old 10-31-2009, 02:04 AM
Beginner

Also, I was in Avon and applied at Roscoe's Taco's. Omni-restaurant, but was shocked to see a full veg menu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page