VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Indiana (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/80-indiana/)
-   -   Indiana (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/80-indiana/2558-indiana.html)

Michael 05-11-2003 05:06 AM

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Skylark 05-12-2003 10:25 PM

I don't live in Indiana, but my section of Ohio isn't too far away. That is, depending on which part of Indiana.

kpickell 05-20-2003 06:35 AM

<-- Hoosier.

oneness 05-20-2003 07:29 AM

i grew up in indiana.. most of my family is still in the terre haute/brazil/indianapolis area.

luckiecharms 05-28-2003 09:10 AM

I live in Indiana

GhostUser 06-10-2003 03:50 PM

I live in Indiana.

Anderson to be exact.

taran80 06-12-2003 05:56 AM

hey all...22/F

i live in terre haute, indiana

tara

kraftykraft 06-12-2003 11:14 AM

I will be in Indiana soon - I am moving to Indianapolis.

GhostUser 06-12-2003 11:45 AM

Okay ... hmmm ... I was born in Evansville ... but moved away at the age of 3.

27 years later, I met my husband, who lived in Palmyra (po-dunk town) and we married and moved out there.

More recently, we moved to New Albany, which, although is in Indaiana, is considered part of the Louisville, Kentucky area.

rainbowmoon 07-02-2003 11:34 PM

I DON'T live in Indiana, but I am dangerously close to it- (about a five minute drive)

borealis 07-03-2003 01:19 AM

Bloomington -- I've lived here almost 20 years.

GhostUser 07-08-2003 05:21 PM

Can anyone tell me how it is in Merrillville/Crown Point IN? I will be moving there in 2 weeks and was just wondering how it is there.

I currently live in Chicago and I will be commuting back and forth from IN to work.

monkeyandbunny 07-08-2003 05:57 PM

Hi Borealis I'm in Bloomington too!

oneness 07-08-2003 10:52 PM

i lived near bloomington for a couple of years..

borealis 07-15-2003 11:27 PM

Hi Hoosiers,

I was looking at this site:

http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.net/usa/Indiana.htm

It lists vegetarian- and vegan-friendly restaurants and stores in Indiana. (Other states and countries also.) Anyway, I scrolled through the whole list, and I can only find one completely vegetarian restaurant in the entire state: Udupi Cafe, an Indian restaurant in Indianapolis.

Of course, this list many not be complete. Does anyone know of any others?

Has anyone been to Udupi Cafe? I definitely plan to visit it. (Hopefully the site is up-to-date and the restaurant still exists!) I love Indian food and I'd love to go somewhere where I could choose anything on the menu I want!

One last thing: I read recently in the Bloomington paper that a vegetarian restaurant is interested in the property that Boca Loca is in now. I hope they get it! I can't believe there isn't already a vegetarian restaurant in Bloomington.

Cheers!

monkeyandbunny 07-16-2003 12:25 PM

Borealis,

It's about time a vegetarian restaurant opened in Bloomington! Encore Cafe is partially vegetarian and for the price I find their food to be mediocre at best.

Also, I am at a loss for any completley vegetarian restaurants in Indiana, I can only think of vegetarian friendly places to dine. In Indianpolis there is the Abbey, here in Bloomington there is Cafe Django (85% of thier menu is veg*n) and Laughing Planet. I'm suprised those didn't make the list.

Also, I have seen flyers for vegetarian potlucks. I was thinking about checking one out.

kraftykraft 07-16-2003 03:22 PM

Borelis

The Wild Oats Market here in Indianapolis has a restaurant in it and some of their items are vegetarian. I believe there are even a couple of things marked vegan, however I haven't investigated too much. I am trying to find more vegetarian restaurants in Indy (if they exist) so if anyone knows of anymore, please share with the rest of the class

Artichoke47 10-16-2003 01:54 PM

There hasn't been a post in this thread for three months! What do you say some people from Indiana get together and go to the Udupi Cafe or some restaurant further north, if that's more convenient? It appears so far that we have Indianapolis area folks, Terre Haute, South Bend, Anderson, and then northwest corner folks. It seems that Indy would be a drive for some people but convenient for others. I live in the Indy area but would be willing to drive. In fact, I have relatives in northwest Indiana and I'm kind of familiar with South Bend. Oh, we can't forget the people who live 5 miles from Indiana, either.

So what do you say, guys?

monkeyandbunny 10-16-2003 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artichoke47 View Post

There hasn't been a post in this thread for three months! What do you say some people from Indiana get together and go to the Udupi Cafe or some restaurant further north, if that's more convenient? It appears so far that we have Indianapolis area folks, Terre Haute, South Bend, Anderson, and then northwest corner folks. It seems that Indy would be a drive for some people but convenient for others. I live in the Indy area but would be willing to drive. In fact, I have relatives in northwest Indiana and I'm kind of familiar with South Bend. Oh, we can't forget the people who live 5 miles from Indiana, either.

So what do you say, guys?

I'm in Bloomington and I have always wanted to try the Udupi Cafe! I say say hell yeah!

Artichoke47 10-17-2003 06:00 PM

*Posting another topic to move this to the top of the US list to catch people's eyes*

This forum has gone back to work after being retired for many years.

rainbowmoon 10-17-2003 10:48 PM

I might be able to make it to Indy but Chicago would be a good deal easier for me- its an hour or so to Chicago and about four hours to Indianapolis. Still, I think I could probably come...I just don't know if my parents will let me drive all the way to Indianapolis!!! Are you guys planning this in addition to the Chicago gathering or instead of it??

lovenlight,

linz

borealis 10-18-2003 11:55 AM

I would come to an Indiana gathering! Indianapolis would work very well for me, though if consensus determines another location that would be fine. I do want to check out the Udupi Cafe sometime, though (I know I posted a question about it months ago, but I still haven't gotten up to Indy to try it). I can vouch for my Spousal Unit coming, as well.

rainbowmoon -- I wasn't planning on the Chicago gathering. I hope your parents will let you come to Indy if that's where this ends up being. Maybe you could plan a trip to Indy with them, and send them to the IMAX theater or something to keep them busy...

Artichoke47 10-18-2003 12:16 PM

Rainbowmoon, I was thinking this could be in addition to the Chicago gathering, maybe sometime in December, but if that's too early, then that's fine by me! It was just an idea of a time, sort of like a Christmas get-together.

Skylark 10-18-2003 12:29 PM

I´d love to come, as a resident of Ohio. Unfortunately, I don´t get back from Spain before the suggested Christmas gathering. I fly back in late on December 21, and I can´t see myself wanting to go on any trips for at least two weeks since I´ll have been away from home for four months at that point.

Skylark 10-18-2003 12:31 PM

Oh, also... northern Indiana is better for me since I live in NE Ohio. FWIW, I´d rather have a shorter drive than meet in an all-vegeterian restaurant. So long as they have good selection for vegetarians and we can all find it, that´s what I care about.

Artichoke47 10-20-2003 09:28 AM

Summary of Indiana Gathering Potential Participants:

Artichoke:

Artichoke47 10-20-2003 09:34 AM

Summary of Potential Participants (so far):

Artichoke: Udupi Cafe Willing to Travel Elsewhere

MonkeyandBunny: Udupi Cafe Willing to Travel Elsewhere?

Rainbowmoon: Udupi Cafe, if permitted to drive that far

Borealis: Udupi Cafe Willing to Travel Elsewhere

Skylark: Would prefer northern part of Indiana

ETA: Taran: Udupi Cafe

How about month suggestions, anyone?

Skylark 10-20-2003 11:11 AM

Artichoke, how about a summary of preferred dates, too? I know of no way short of deportation that I´m coming back to the US any sooner than December 21.

borealis 10-20-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artichoke47 View Post

How about month suggestions, anyone?

I don't want Skylark to be excluded (or deported! ), so my prefered date is sometime after she gets back. But I'll be gone the last week of December -- how about sometime in January?

Artichoke47 10-20-2003 01:40 PM

Oh, January is great! I definitely want Skylark to be included, but I wasn't sure if she wanted to drive that far if we ended up meeting at Udupi.

If we need to wait until a couple weeks after December 21, then I think we should shoot for January 10 or 17. How does that sound?