Loving Cafe in Fort Wayne, IN - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 AM

Hi I'm a Muncie vegan and am new to the board. I've lived in Indiana all of my life and have been all over the state, but I just wanted to give a special shout out to Loving Cafe in Fort Wayne in case other vegans/vegetarians haven't heard of it. I am in no way associated with the business and have to drive an hour and a half to eat there but it is WELL WORTH IT!! They are a fully vegan restaurant, but many omnis and vegetarians love their food. They have menu items that range from sesame chick'n to fried yam prawns to soups and salads to sandwiches as well as many freshly baked desserts. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant and really want to promote it to Hoosiers that may be driving through Fort Wayne or looking for a little daytrip or are veg-curious. They have a website and a facebook page just search for Loving Cafe Fort Wayne. I just want to tell as many people as possible about it because I love it so much and want them to get a lot of business so that they'll stay around for a long time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Beginner

I drove out there a few weeks ago but it was closed. Didn't realize I lived this close to someone else on veggieboards - wait - there are vegans in Indiana?
#3 Old 11-18-2011, 07:08 AM

Ha! I know it's surprising sometimes! The other day I was picking up my cheeseless pizza from Papa Murphy's and the guy who works there asked if I was vegan and said that he had recently made the switch. I was like yay that's awesome!

That's too bad it was closed They're closed Sunday and sometimes they close to host functions and that sort of thing. They put closures and stuff on their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/lovingcafe so you can check there for their schedule so you don't make the drive over in vain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Veggie Regular

If either if you is ever down in way southern IN, Earth Friends Cafe in New Albany is delicious for breakfast or lunch. and they have more milk alternatives for lattes than just soy.
#5 Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Awesome I will keep that in mind if I'm ever down there. Roots in Bloomington has a really good country fried seitan sandwich with sweet potato fries too if you're ever in that neighborhood.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page