Illinois kitty with no home!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

my kids found this beautiful loving little kitty. it is way malnourished. we cannot keep it, as we already have 2 cats and a dog. our landlord would not allow us to have another. we would be willing to drive 100 miles to bring it to someone who will love him and care for him. he is front declawed, very friendly, and seems healthy considering being so malnourished. his bones are showing through, and it really pains us to hold him as we feel each of his ribs. all the shelters around here are full, and we are so afraid that turning him over to animal control will end up with him being put down.

if there is anyone here on VB that thinks they can help him, please let us know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I will take him.

I'll PM you my email address and phone number so we can make arrangements.
#3 Old 12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I will take him.

very very cool!!

isnt that great of carnelian!!!??

i know this kitty will get lots of love in your home!!

thanks so much deb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

He looks very young. Have you scanned him for a microchip to make sure there isn't someone looking for him? There are tons of reasons why a good pet parent would loose such a precious little one and end up with him in that state.

It's great that if no one can claim him, he's got a home with Carnelian.
#5 Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekywhiskers View Post

He looks very young. Have you scanned him for a microchip to make sure there isn't someone looking for him? There are tons of reasons why a good pet parent would loose such a precious little one and end up with him in that state.

I've thought about the potential existence of a microchip. The little guy has an appointment at my vet Monday morning, and I intend to have her check for one.
#6 Old 12-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

#7 Old 12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've thought about the potential existence of a microchip. The little guy has an appointment at my vet Monday morning, and I intend to have her check for one.

thats great deb--if they find one we can take the cat to its owner. you are awesome for helping little oliver out!

also, have the vet check for diabetes--he seems to be peeing more than my two do which makes me wonder how much he is drinking. he is doing great and prefers ed over me and the kids!! funny funny! i am sure he will love you more!

even when hungry, he wont eat unless it is clear someone is staying with him in the basement!!! likes company for sure--like i told you on the phone i take my laptop down there during the day so i can give him love!!!!
#8 Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I will take him.

That was easy!

Way to go carnelian for stepping up to help a kitty in need!
#9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

That was easy!

Way to go carnelian for stepping up to help a kitty in need!

isnt that awesome?!!!
#10 Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

An update!!

Hey Deb, Oliver is now 5lbs. He is very vocal with us, and is really cute. He is not very playful, but that may be still recovering. We are thinking he was under 3lbs when we found him. He is happy and doing well, just waiting for his forever home!!

We all can't wait to see you on Sunday!
#11 Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news, Valerie... I'm so happy to hear that little Oliver is doing well! I can't wait to introduce him to his new kitty friends and shower him with lots and lots of love.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Ed, and the kids... it's been much too long!
#12 Old 12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Valerie, It was so wonderful seeing and spending time with you, Ed, and your absolutely adorable and charming children!

I took Oliver to the vet, and it turns out that "he" is a "she", so I'm going to come up with a different name... I'll wait a bit until I get a chance to get to know her so I can come up with a name compatible with her personality and elegant beauty.

The vet said she's 3-5 years old (who knew? she's so small!), and she's missing a couple of teeth. Her blood test came back negative for FIV and FeLV (double-yay!), but she's got fleas, so you'll want to vacuum your basement really well. I'm keeping her quarantined in my bathroom (which she doesn't seem to mind a bit) for another 24 hours so the flea treatment can do its thing.

She does not have a microchip, so it looks like she's stuck with me... I hope she doesn't mind.

Thank you again for taking her in and caring for her until I was able to bring her into my home. I've already fallen in love with her and look forward to many years of love and companionship... she's such a sweetie!
#13 Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news, Valerie... I'm so happy to hear that little Oliver is doing well! I can't wait to introduce him to his new kitty friends and shower him with lots and lots of love.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Ed, and the kids... it's been much too long!

thanks so much for your kindness and hospitality! we really enjoyed visiting and cant wait to hear how oliver is doing!!

lets not have it be so long between visits!!
#14 Old 12-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#15 Old 12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so glad the kitty found a good home

What a tiny little cat!!
#16 Old 12-25-2008, 10:06 PM

She is adorable. I am happy she found a new and good home.

Congratulations on your new addition to the family
#17 Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Beginner

fantastic thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page