Illinois Coming to town May 8-10 - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

The Diner sounds good to me. I've been thinking about maybe coming midday/afternoon on Friday then staying over for breakfast. My mom and sister usually take care of the dogs while I'm gone but my sister works Friday and I think they would be too much for my mom on her own.

One way or the other, I will be there at some time Fri and/or Sat. Sounds definitive, doesn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I was able to arrange getting Friday off from work...YAY!!!!

Wolfie, you can drive to my place Friday, and I will be your chauffeur. In addition, you are welcome to spend Friday night at my apartment.

I found out from my Ohio friends that they're looking to be at the Diner Friday night at 5:30 p.m., as their concert begins at 8:00 p.m. Will that work for everyone?

As far as Pick Me Up on Saturday, I have to get my allergy shots in the morning (the office opens at 9:00 a.m.), but I'm available after that.

I'm really excited!
#33 Old 05-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I found out from my Ohio friends that they're looking to be at the Diner Friday night at 5:30 p.m., as their concert begins at 8:00 p.m. Will that work for everyone?

As far as Pick Me Up on Saturday, I have to get my allergy shots in the morning (the office opens at 9:00 a.m.), but I'm available after that.

I'm really excited!

Whatever's clever, my work is right on Belmont at Sheffield, so I can walk/bike to the Diner and make it there by quarter after! It might be a bit crowded, so we may have to get a few separate tables if there's a crowd of us.

And whatever time on Saturday is fine for the PMU. Someone's just gotta call/message me and let me know!!

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Ex-*****

The Diner on Friday night sounds good to me! Is it possible to reserve a table so we won't have to wait?

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#35 Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I might be interested.

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#36 Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Beginner

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it either. Hubby and I have two mothers to visit over the weekend, so we'll be tied up with family. Hope everyone has a fabulous time!!!
#37 Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I was able to arrange getting Friday off from work...YAY!!!!

Wolfie, you can drive to my place Friday, and I will be your chauffeur. In addition, you are welcome to spend Friday night at my apartment.

I'm really excited!

Thanks for the offer! I'm still thinking about the Friday/Saturday thing because that way I can take care of the dogs before I leave. I'll just have to leave after breakfast Saturday because my nephew's b-day party is that afternoon.

I can't wait!
#38 Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

The Diner on Friday night sounds good to me! Is it possible to reserve a table so we won't have to wait?

No, they don't take reservations.

"I remember the days when we talked for hours/And we were young, we thought we had superpowers/We weren't our problems, our age or our paychecks/And we weren't taking anybody's $h*t."
#39 Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM

We can be at the Diner at 5:30. Are you ladies up for anything earlier in the day on Friday? I think we're going to be free. (I may be meeting up with one of my old homies, but I think she has to work).

VB...does 10:30 sound good on Saturday?

Yay!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#40 Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't think I'll be making it It's my last weekend to spend with HB before I leave so I think we're going to be lame and hang out at home cuddling and making out all day...lol. I kid, I kid. Or do I?

Sorry!! I hope you guys have a fab time though!! I always have a GREAT time when I meet up with VB83!! She's the best tour guide EVER!! Peace & Love!!
#41 Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

We can be at the Diner at 5:30. Are you ladies up for anything earlier in the day on Friday? I think we're going to be free. (I may be meeting up with one of my old homies, but I think she has to work).

Yay!

I have an errand to run Friday morning, but as soon as Wolfie arrives at my humble abode, I'm free and game!
#42 Old 05-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yay!

Wheee, I'm excited! Friday.... I have to work... But, perhaps if you are going to be in the Belmont/Clark area around noon, maybe we could meet up for lunch too?

And 10:30 sounds great, we could even go earlier if you want... I'm usually bright eyed and bushy-tailed around 8:30 or 9 in the morning, so I'll leave it up to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

Sorry!! I hope you guys have a fab time though!! I always have a GREAT time when I meet up with VB83!! She's the best tour guide EVER!!

Aww, you're so sweet.... I feel special!! I wish you could come.... you could just bring the boy with you for breakfast on Saturday!! Hehehe.

#43 Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, what a trip. I'm going to be in Chicago for a meetup and to see some family this weekend, too. I only have about 24 hours with my meetup peeps. Not sure where we are dining Thursday night, but we are going the symphony after that, which is kinda different, I know.

Friday and Saturday night I will be with my family in the 'burbs, but I may have time Sunday afternoon, so I will try to check back with this thread so see if there's something going on. Would be cool to meet two groups of meetups up in one weekend!
#44 Old 05-06-2008, 06:45 PM

Oh, you are such a tease. We're leaving on Saturday! You could join us for lunch on Friday before doing the family thang, if you're free.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#45 Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegbunny83 View Post

Aww, you're so sweet.... I feel special!! I wish you could come.... you could just bring the boy with you for breakfast on Saturday!! Hehehe.

I totally would and he'd be down BUT this is our last weekend together before I leave so we'll be.....well......hangin' out....alone.
#46 Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, you are such a tease. We're leaving on Saturday! You could join us for lunch on Friday before doing the family thang, if you're free.

Maybe! email me your # at eric AT ananimalfriendlylife DOT com, and I will email mine back. Let's try to connect!
#47 Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

What time was everyone meeting up on Friday? I'm thinking I will get there 1:30 or 2:00 so maybe I can meet you all somewhere. I don't want everyone waiting half the day for me to get to carnelian's.
#48 Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

What time was everyone meeting up on Friday? I'm thinking I will get there 1:30 or 2:00 so maybe I can meet you all somewhere. I don't want everyone waiting half the day for me to get to carnelian's.

Wolfie, don't you worry 'bout a thing...I'll wait for you!
#49 Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone needs to PM me their phone number so we can get in touch before tomorrow!

#50 Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I am running behind, imagine that. I said 1:30 or 2:00 before, so now it's probably 2:30 or 3:00. Carnelian I will pm you my cell phone # so if you want to change plans I can try and meet you all somewhere else. I hate to hold everyone up. Or I can call you when I leave so you'll know the exact time. It usually takes 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, depends how fast I get to drive.
#51 Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 AM

Thanks for a good time y'all. We're back in merry old England, safe and sound now. Our flight was absolutely fantastic. Mostly quiet, lots of empty seats, and some yummy vegan fare.

Plus...we came home to find the weather bright and sunny, temp around 80. Absolutely wonderful!

Eric, sorry I didn't see your message earlier. We were without net access for a couple of days. Here's hoping that you got to catch up with some of the lovely Chicagoans that hang out here at VB.

#52 Old 05-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hooray! I had such a great time meeting up with all of you! I will get those pictures posted soon, I swear...

~Julie

#53 Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Thanks for a good time y'all. We're back in merry old England, safe and sound now. Our flight was absolutely fantastic. Mostly quiet, lots of empty seats, and some yummy vegan fare.

Plus...we came home to find the weather bright and sunny, temp around 80. Absolutely wonderful!

Eric, sorry I didn't see your message earlier. We were without net access for a couple of days. Here's hoping that you got to catch up with some of the lovely Chicagoans that hang out here at VB.

Sorry to miss you (and the other VBers). I had only about a day to meet up with online peeps, then I spent the rest of my time with family (and waiting on a delayed flight out!). Longer visit next time, perhaps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page