Illinois - Page 57 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1681 Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I have family near Springfield so I visit the area a lot.

I think a central Illinois meetup would be fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1682 Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I'm wondering if we should plan a central Illinois meetup. Maybe when it gets a little warmer?

Good idea. I'm keen. Does anybody know any great veggie restaurants in Peoria? I don't hear much about that town.
#1683 Old 01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus! View Post

Good idea. I'm keen. Does anybody know any great veggie restaurants in Peoria? I don't hear much about that town.

The only one I know of is One World. It's not all veggie but definitely veggie-friendly. I'm not familiar with any all vegetarian restaurants there.

Oh, and there's Haddad's just down the street, they have pretty good falafel.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1684 Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Beginner

I'm down for a CIL meetup...just name the time and place!
#1685 Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Wow, a meeting would be great! It's hard enough to meet other people with my lifestyle--

I've started to do some Peta protests, so I've met a small group of people, but I can never have enough friends!

Let's get the party started!
#1686 Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Just wanted to say Heyyyyaaa... I'm new here and live in down town Chicago...
#1687 Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffeecanoe View Post

Just wanted to say Heyyyyaaa... I'm new here and live in down town Chicago...

I live in Oak Park, work in downtown Chicago, and am one of the assistant organizers of the Vegan Chicago Meetup. We get together the first Saturday of every month and share a yummilicious vegan meal at one of the vegan/vegetarian/veg-friendly restaurants in the area. Quite a few people here are members, and a group of us almost always make a day of it and do other stuff afterwards. Just ask denise1021...she attended her first meetup last weekend, and she, Hummus!, another friend and I went bowling after the meetup (Indian buffet) and then out for Ethiopian food...it was a blast!

http://vegan.meetup.com/11/?gj=sj10

P.S. I have to warn you...we LOVE to eat, and it's not uncommon for us to visit three restaurants in one day!
#1688 Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I live in Oak Park, work in downtown Chicago, and am one of the assistant organizers of the Vegan Chicago Meetup. We get together the first Saturday of every month and share a yummilicious vegan meal at one of the vegan/vegetarian/veg-friendly restaurants in the area. Quite a few people here are members, and a group of us almost always make a day of it and do other stuff afterwards. Just ask denise1021...she attended her first meetup last weekend, and she, Hummus!, another friend and I went bowling after the meetup (Indian buffet) and then out for Ethiopian food...it was a blast!

P.S. I have to warn you...we LOVE to eat, and it's not uncommon for us to visit three restaurants in one day!

This sounds AWESOME!! I must attend the next meetup!! I live in Plainfield. Peace & Love!!
#1689 Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

As if I didn't already miss you guys enough! I just RSVP'd for the February meetup, even though it hasn't been annouced yet, and am looking forward to coming back. And hey it'll be a few days before my birthday so everyone has to be nice (or naughty) to me.
#1690 Old 01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I was thinking about February too. Hmmmm. I don't think we're really "reserved" until the event is up and it's paid for though. So don't forget to go back and pay if you want a spot, Kelly.

I RSVP'd too. That's a sure sign that we'll get 6 inches of snow that day.
#1691 Old 01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

I was thinking about February too. Hmmmm. I don't think we're really "reserved" until the event is up and it's paid for though. So don't forget to go back and pay if you want a spot, Kelly.

I RSVP'd too. That's a sure sign that we'll get 6 inches of snow that day.

Yeah! That'll be great if you can make it! I'm bringing my SO and we're making a weekend out of it -- just got reservations at the Hyatt Regency downtown through Priceline. I'm so excited! So if anyone is up for doing anything beyond the Vegan Meetup that would be cool.
#1692 Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Administrator

SO? Man, I'm out of the loop. Congrats!

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make that one. I'd really like to make one soon though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1693 Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Yeah! That'll be great if you can make it! I'm bringing my SO and we're making a weekend out of it -- just got reservations at the Hyatt Regency downtown through Priceline. I'm so excited! So if anyone is up for doing anything beyond the Vegan Meetup that would be cool.

I'm totally up for doing something, but you already know i'm a johnny on the spot for vegan meetup weekends. I can't wait to meet the SO!!
#1694 Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Beginner

Just noticed this thread. Yep, Carnelian is right: The last meetup (my first) was a blast! And I'm looking forward to the one on Groundhog Day.

Nickle, I live in Plainfield, too. (Caton Farm and Route 59)

(Hi, Hummus!)
#1695 Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

SO? Man, I'm out of the loop. Congrats!

Yeah, I haven't told anyone except Debra, and some brief mentions in a bisexuality thread. Some will be surprised.
#1696 Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

If anyone in Chicago wants to meet for coffee please let me know The meetup events are a bit pricey for me.
#1697 Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGarbo View Post

If anyone in Chicago wants to meet for coffee please let me know The meetup events are a bit pricey for me.

VB'ers usually make a day of it - socializing and eating. If you can't make the meetup you can always meet afterward. Might be best to get in touch with carnelian.

#1698 Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise1021 View Post

Just noticed this thread. Yep, Carnelian is right: The last meetup (my first) was a blast! And I'm looking forward to the one on Groundhog Day.

Nickle, I live in Plainfield, too. (Caton Farm and Route 59)

(Hi, Hummus!)

No way!! I live on Caton Farm and County Line!! We're practically neighbors!! If you'd ever like to go have lunch or something PM me and I'll give you my number...Heck, I'm PMing you now!! Peace & Love!!
#1699 Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

K Carnelian and I have exchanged digits. So hopefully I will be seeing some of you guys soon.
#1700 Old 01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Kelly...being the birthday boy, how would you like to celebrate/what would you like to do after the Vegan Chicago Meetup? If you can't think of anything, we can defer to Hummus!, though heaven knows what he might come up with.
#1701 Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I went ahead and paid. Now it's an almost certainty there will be a snowstorm on Saturday.
#1702 Old 01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Kelly...being the birthday boy, how would you like to celebrate/what would you like to do after the Vegan Chicago Meetup? If you can't think of anything, we can defer to Hummus!, though heaven knows what he might come up with.

Haha, thanks. Well I was actually thinking about heading over the Chicago Diner neighborhood. I think Syd will really like that Hollywood Mirror store, and maybe we could get some vegan shakes for a midday snack at the dinner. I also had talked about possibly going to the Pick Me Up, since it's my fav, but who knows.. And being in that neighborhood would work well for those going to the other VRF gettogether that evening.
#1703 Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Haha, thanks. Well I was actually thinking about heading over the Chicago Diner neighborhood. I think Syd will really like that Hollywood Mirror store, and maybe we could get some vegan shakes for a midday snack at the dinner. I also had talked about possibly going to the Pick Me Up, since it's my fav, but who knows.. And being in that neighborhood would work well for those going to the other VRF gettogether that evening.

Sounds fab, Kelly!
#1704 Old 01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

dang, i need to try to get back home (crystal lake area) when there's a meet-up in illinois.
#1705 Old 01-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Beginner

A dairy factory farm is being proposed for northwest Illinois:

http://stopthemegadairy.org/

There's a county board meeting about it tonight (Jan. 31) at 6 p.m.
#1706 Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise1021 View Post

A dairy factory farm is being proposed for northwest Illinois:

http://stopthemegadairy.org/

There's a county board meeting about it tonight (Jan. 31) at 6 p.m.

Had I known about this sooner I definitely would have gone. Besides, it would have given me a reason to go to the Galena Winery!!
#1707 Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I won't be able to meet up with you all this weekend. I wasn't thinking it was coming up so fast and made plans. Hope you have fun.
#1708 Old 02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGarbo View Post

I won't be able to meet up with you all this weekend. I wasn't thinking it was coming up so fast and made plans. Hope you have fun.

Thanks, MissGarbo! We'll miss having you with us, but hopefully you can join us the next time we gather together.
#1709 Old 02-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

I went ahead and paid. Now it's an almost certainty there will be a snowstorm on Saturday.

Leave early, drive slow!!
#1710 Old 02-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

The snow hit yesterday, so no worries. Tomorrow's forecast is clear. A little snow wouldn't stop me anyway, but I've taken enough road trips in the past when it was just plain stupid to be out driving around. I don't do that anymore.

"Early" and "slow" aren't in my vocabulary when I drive.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page