Illinois - Page 50 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1471 Old 01-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

It's not too late at all to arrange for a ride!

WooHoo!
Quote:
I'll have Hummus! with me for sure, and likely jj1 and Garbanzo, too, so we'll have a carload!

Wow, it's the Carnelian Transit Authority. Who gets to sit on who's lap?

~Wondre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1472 Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus! View Post

Looks like I will be attending the meetup on Saturday at the strong urgence of Garbanzo and Carnelian..........So yes, Hummus! will be enjoying lots of Hummus.

Let me be the first to say "Yay!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by El ~Wondrino View Post

Wow, it's the Carnelian Transit Authority. Who gets to sit on who's lap?

Sounds like a mobile manpile to me.
#1473 Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

To all who will be attending the meetup, jj1 and I were kickin' around the idea of visiting Ethical Planet in Evanston afterward. I know c1 and jj1 have been there already, but I haven't, and I'm VERY excited about checking it out! If we do this, we can stop by Blind Faith Cafe for dessert after our EP visit. Anybody interested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1474 Old 01-05-2007, 05:21 PM

I could be down with that. Expecially if there are vegan chocolate cupcakes involved.
#1475 Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not from these parts (at all!!) but this meetup you all are planning sounds like so insanely much fun, it makes me want to road-trip out there and join you!

Yeah, that's all.

Carry on.
#1476 Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Sounds good to me. I'm always up for vegan friendly stores, especially ones that have vegan desserts
#1477 Old 01-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I'm not from these parts (at all!!) but this meetup you all are planning sounds like so insanely much fun, it makes me want to road-trip out there and join you!

Yeah, that's all.

Carry on.

Well, then next month we'll be expecting a visit from you Tofu! YAY!!!! Or we'll road trip to you! I'd personally love to meet you and Froggy.

I'm up with going to Evanston. How could you possibly dislike a town where many parts of the Molly Ringwald trilogy movies were filmed!?!?!
#1478 Old 01-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Beginner

Woot... I live in Illinois!!!
#1479 Old 01-08-2007, 12:08 PM

I had a blast at the Meetup with y'all and it was really cool heading up to Evanston with everyone. I wished I could have stayed longer.

Also, kudos to ~Wonder for making and bringing his outstanding Peanut-Butter-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip cookies. They were, undoubtedly, teh yum!

ETA: Hummus! looks the secksay with that new beard.
#1480 Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

were in the bloomington area
#1481 Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post

were in the bloomington area

Hi avocado!

Several of us are in or around the B/N area. Michael, veggiefriendly and tricia soup all live in town. I live in Streator. In fact, we have been attending a new Bloomington Vegetarian Meetup if you are interested: http://vegetarian.meetup.com/421/?gj=sj6

Hope we can meet you soon!

P.S> We're NOT psycho! Promise!!!!
#1482 Old 01-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus! View Post

Hi avocado!

Several of us are in or around the B/N area. Michael, veggiefriendly and tricia soup all live in town. I live in Streator. In fact, we have been attending a new Bloomington Vegetarian Meetup if you are interested: http://vegetarian.meetup.com/421/?gj=sj6

Hope we can meet you soon!

P.S> We're NOT psycho! Promise!!!!

that sounds fun, we will be sure to check it out.
#1483 Old 01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

isnt there a thursday meetup in bloomington? at a resturant or somthing?thanks
#1484 Old 01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Beginner

hi avocado!

it's great to meet another bloomington resident on vb. the vegetarian meetup group just started in december, and we meet for dinner the second thursday of each month at 7:00...so the next one will be feb. 8 at flattop grill. hope to see you there!
#1485 Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Beginner

Hi I am posting this here bc i trust you guys. I have a cat to give away to a good home. She needs medical attention, she has a nasty rash on her back it might just allergies but we don't have enough money to care for her we already have like 10 cats and 2 dogs. She just came into our house one day and we found her owners and gave her back but she kept comming to our house and last time we went to take her back the people had moved. There is also the problem that she will "mess" in any clothes lying on the floor b/c she is declawed (prevous owners) she has to have a special litter. But aside from this she is a sweet heart who gets along with all our animals and kids, she is a grey and white domestic long hair. So shes free to anyone on here that has had an account for awhile or at least past this post date. Our animal shelter is very quick to put animals down. I know b/c i worked there. So I don't want to take her there but she is suffering so I'm going to try this first. Just post back to me if you can help. I live in Cook County IL.
#1486 Old 03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Geez, the Illinois thread has dropped down to page two on the US States listing.

How have the Vegan Meetups been going? (or whatever they are called now). I have weekends off now, so I'd like to come out sometime in the near future, maybe the April gathering. Maybe make a weekend of it if there's enough people around.
#1487 Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Beginner

Sry Kay.... I would love to take your cat but my mom won't let me.
#1488 Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Geez, the Illinois thread has dropped down to page two on the US States listing.

How have the Vegan Meetups been going? (or whatever they are called now). I have weekends off now, so I'd like to come out sometime in the near future, maybe the April gathering. Maybe make a weekend of it if there's enough people around.

I haven't been here much lately, as I've been dealing with some personal stuff, so I'm partially responsible for the lack of activity here in the Illinois thread. I've been lurking a bit, though, and plan to get back in the vegan VB saddle soon!

In regard to the meetups, they've been great! The one this past weekend was at Lake Side Cafe, and besides me, Hummus!, ~Wonder, compassionate1, dandelion, garbanzo, and jj1 were in attendance. It was a great time, and I'm looking forward to April's meetup! Hummus! and I were talking about you over the weekend...we miss you bunches and bunches, and we're already thinking of this year's North Halsted Market Days...what a blast last year!

Hummus! said he was going to come up for the April meetup, and I hope you do, too! You know you have an open invitation to stay at my place, so just say the word, Kelly! I haven't seen vggiegirl in quite some time, either, so maybe we can talk her into joining us!

FYI: This past meetup filled quickly and there were people who didn't get to go. In order to secure a spot, if you know for sure you want to attend, I recommend replying promptly after the meetup announcement is made.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Kelly! Maybe we can even persuade Michael, Veggie Friendly, and tricia soup to come, too!
#1489 Old 03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Administrator

This one did fill up quick! I'll try to make it for the April meetup. Wow, April already! Good to hear from you C, I've been wondering where you've been.

Mandy and I are planning on going to see the new Bodyworlds exhibit April 21st (a Saturday). If anyone wants to go or get together that'd be cool.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1490 Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

This one did fill up quick! I'll try to make it for the April meetup. Wow, April already! Good to hear from you C, I've been wondering where you've been.

Mandy and I are planning on going to see the new Bodyworlds exhibit April 21st (a Saturday). If anyone wants to go or get together that'd be cool.

I really hope you can come up in April, Michael...you've been missed!

I haven't seen m4rk0 since Dharma Garden, and I really hope he can join us again at a meetup sometime soon!

In regard to Body Worlds 2, jj1, garbanzo, me, and a few others will be going on Saturday, March 17th...can't wait! You were my viewing buddy during the first one, and I can't wait to see what's new!

The same weekend you and Mandy will be here, Chicago is hosting a Green Festival:

http://www.greenfestivals.org/content/view/17/37/

Hummus! and I were just talking about going to that on the 21st, but I'd love it if we could all connect at some point that day! Let's make it happen!
#1491 Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Good to hear from you C, I've been wondering where you've been.

Me too. Glad to see you around, carnelian.
#1492 Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey guys! I'm pondering a trip to Chicago the weekend of March 24. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'd be curious to see who would be around to get together with. Let me know! (yes, I know my PM box is full...just email me instead)
#1493 Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I haven't seen m4rk0 since Dharma Garden, and I really hope he can join us again at a meetup sometime soon!

I will do my best to make it out for the April meetup. I've been so busy lately. Moved into my first home last month and proposed to my girlfriend Jen!!!
#1494 Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

Hey guys! I'm pondering a trip to Chicago the weekend of March 24. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'd be curious to see who would be around to get together with. Let me know! (yes, I know my PM box is full...just email me instead)

Aww, shucks, SallyK! I'm going to be visiting family out of town that weekend...I'll have missed you AGAIN! Drat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

I will do my best to make it out for the April meetup. I've been so busy lately. Moved into my first home last month and proposed to my girlfriend Jen!!!

Yay! Good to hear from you, m4rk0! BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your new home AND your engagement...how exciting!!! Woo hoo!!!
#1495 Old 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
jj1
Beginner

A few of us have settled on a date and time and bought our tickets for Body Worlds 2

http://www.msichicago.org/temp_exhib...ds2/index.html

Where: The Museum of Science and Industry

When: Saturday March 17th at 11am.

We would luv to have each and every one of you join us !

You can purchase your tickets here:

https://tix.extremetix.com/tix/Silve...tml?siteID=635

Click on "Purchase"

Click on "Body Worlds 2: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies", 3rd event from the top.

Click on March 17th

Click on the time you want. 7 of us so far are going to the 11am.

Enter number of tickets you want in the category that fits.

Click on "Proceed to Next Step"

Enter appropriate name in "Ticket Holder Name" box.

Click on "Proceed to Next Step"

I think you all can take it from there.

Show up at MSI at least 90 minutes early for domestic flights OR 120 minutes early for international flights to allow ample time for you to get thru the security checks. We know you have alot of other choices out there, so THANK YOU for flying Veg*n Airlines.

If you can't get tickets for the 11am, try for 10:30am or 11:30am times. If that doesn't work, then maybe the 10am or 12pm time slots.

We may also plan to have breakfast and/or lunch somewhere before and/or afterwards. Karyns, The Diner, Veggie Bite, Soul Veg---who knows ! All are welcome to join in on that too, whether you go to Body Worlds 2 or not.

Also of interest:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/215964,...body18.article

Come join us !
#1496 Old 03-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey all a girl I know just sent me this. I can't help but please let me know if you or anyone you know can...

Quote:
I was wondering....

I found these two cats St. Paddys night outside in an area of trees between a road and a highway near my house. Theyre young and very sweet and playful. When I got 'em in they were obvioously starving. Ive been taking care of them since I took them in. Ive Spent the past two days looking for No-kill cageless animal shelters for them with very little luck. Everywhere is full with a 3-6 week waiting list.

My Da's cats is comming over for awhile this week and since Ive nowhere to bring these cats, I have to take them to the vet tomorrow and get them screened and thier shots and possibly spayed/neutered just incase so they dont spread anything to the other cat. So Im gonna be spending money I dont have on cats that I cant keep, (Fergal doesnt want cats).

S O O O O . . . . . . Do you know anyone who wants two cats??? Someone who wont let them outside and is a very caring animal lover???

Its a package deal-theyre friends and they love each other.

Im just running out of options and theres no way Im gonna let them go anywhere where theyre gonna be killed in two weeks and I cant just return them to the outside world to be hit by a car eventually.

If you know anyone who can take them or know of a no-kill animal shelter thats not full...or have any ideas at all lemme know plllease!

#1497 Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Saw this on another forum, better run out and buy some Temptation ice cream!

Quote:
-----message fwd-------

TEMPTATION WILL BE GONE FROM THE MIDWEST IF YOU DON'T HELP US

THIS WEEK.

We are going to lose our shelfspace in the midwest region of

Whole Foods UNLESS:

#1. GO BUY SOME ASAP, because this might be the last time you

can. Pints are going for only $2.37 because it is being

discontinued. Vote for us with your pocketbook.

#2: Call the Midwest Regional Whole Foods Market office at

773.755.1500: Be nice and let them know you love Temptation and

want to buy it all summer long! Vote for us with your Voice!

#3: Find your LOCAL Whole Foods store and tell the manager you

want us on the shelf! (Find your local store here:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html)

#4: TELL SOMEONE ABOUT US. Have them contact Whole Foods. We

are a special vegan company... a)ONLY one made on vegan

equipment. b)ONLY ones using Fair Trade Certified ingredients c)

ONLY ones supporting the local grassroots animal rights

activists d)WAY FREAKING MORE VEGAN THAN OTHER BRANDS!!!

Whole Foods Market has been a great friend in our efforts to

bring a unique 100% vegan ice cream to customers in the

Midwest. Lower sales in the entire category have forced all

brands into a smaller amount of freezer space, and we are going

to suffer. It's not easy to run a company ethically and

entirely vegan. The other products are all made at dairies and

we don't think that's too cool.

If we, somehow, manage to maintain our shelf space, you can

trust we'll have the MOST INSANE SUMMER PARTY YET... WITH

PLENTY OF FREE ICE CREAM! BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! THIS WEEK!

TODAY! (VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN.. TRUE CHICAGO STYLE)

Otherwise, keep fighting the good fight... but it's not over.

We can get this shelf space back, but it's in your hands.

Please, please... make a call, buy a pint... or we're gone in

the Midwest (Our home).

(Product is still available at independent health food stores

and Whole Foods Market in OTHER regions, and soon WHOLE FOODS

MID-ATLANTIC)

From the bottom of our hearts... Thanks for your help.

-Ryan and Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#1498 Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Oh, and Tricia and I have our train tickets for the April meetup!

Can someone pick us up and drop us off?

#1499 Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 AM

Wow, that's weird. Everyone I know in the area liked it way better than SoyDream or Tofutti, etc.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#1500 Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, and Tricia and I have our train tickets for the April meetup!

Can someone pick us up and drop us off?

Yay!

I'm happy to pick you up, Michael, but my ability to do so will depend entirely on when your train gets in and when we have to be at the restaurant. Since I'm one of the assistant organizers, I have to be there at least a half hour early to finalize stuff and greet early guests. If it doesn't work out, I'll see if jj1 can step in.

I'm really excited to see you and Tricia again...I've missed you!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page