Blagojevich sentenced to 14 years in prison - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Update, 1:30 p.m. ET: Judge sentences ousted Ill. Gov. Rod Blagojevich to 14 years in prison for corruption.

Update, 1:25 p.m. ET: Judge Zagel says he is considering issuing a 12.5 to 15.5-year jail sentence, NBC reports.

Update, 1:20 p.m. ET: Judge Zagel says "Blagojevich's staff did not march him down this criminal path. He marched them." He also says Blago's acceptance of responsibility will mean he will reduce his sentence, NBC News in Chicago reports. Sentence has not yet been handed down.

Quote:
Blagojevich and his wife knew they were setting themselves up for ridicule by appearing on reality television shows, she said, but they did so to provide for their children. Blagojevich appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice," where he struggled to use a cellphone, and his wife ate a tarantula on the reality show, "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!"

Blagojevich's sentencing comes just days before his 55th birthday and three years to the week of his Dec. 9, 2008, arrest. The jury deadlocked in his first trial, agreeing on just one of 24 counts that Blagojevich lied to the FBI. Jurors at his retrial convicted him on 17 of 20 counts, including bribery.

Among the court attendees Tuesday were more than a dozen jurors from both of Blagojevich's trials, including both foremen.

After sentencing, Zagel will likely give Blagojevich weeks before he must report to prison. Once there, the man heard scoffing on FBI wiretaps about earning a low six-figure salary would have to take a prison job possibly scrubbing toilets at just 12 cents an hour.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ears-in-prison

He's going to serve at least 11 years, 9 months of the sentence.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I hope the stress doesn't cause any hair loss. THAT would be tragic.

The Big Bad.
#3 Old 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Kind of sad though when rapists and murderers often get less time than he does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Kind of sad though when rapists and murderers often get less time than he does.

soooo true and this is soo wrong on soo many levels in my never to be humble opinion.

Peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#5 Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm sad for his kids.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page