VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Idaho (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/78-idaho/)
-   -   Idaho (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/78-idaho/2556-idaho.html)

Michael 05-11-2003 04:05 AM

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

Oatmeal 05-16-2003 05:10 AM

So what's up with raw food veganism in Idaho, anyway???

Come on people, don't be shy, I know you're out there. Post finally and reveal yourselves!!

SomewhatDamaged 01-31-2004 02:31 PM

Hi. I've been reading a lot about raw foodism lately and am seriously considering it, with all the health benefits and life changes it can cause. Are there any other raw fooders in the Idaho panhandle?

IdahoPotato 01-30-2005 03:44 PM

Well I am from Idaho, I think we are lacking in this area.

Invictus 11-17-2005 10:11 PM

Geez, I live in Spokane and the Washington thread directed me here. One post a year?

vegggeeemom 02-23-2006 12:31 PM

I'm in Idaho as well. There's just not enough stuff going on in Idaho! We need to change that! LOL

Pam

weirdestperson 02-26-2006 12:49 AM

I also live in Idaho... I agree, Pam! There is definately not enough going on here! Great idea about changing that!... You start, and I'll follow! Anyone out there in the teasure valley?

God bless,

Laura

vegggeeemom 02-27-2006 10:35 PM

*Clearing throat* Well, Laura, you saw my last attempt at trying to get people motivated and things going! Didn't do too well.

So, I am much more of a follower then a leader! But, I like to be right up there running around and talking with the leaders of the pack.

So, I'll wait for someone to start something. I'm sure there's plenty of veggie stuff going on here, in the T.V., we just don't know the right places to look!

How about March 21st, we go to the vegeterian restaurant downtown!

Ok, I'll catch up w/ you later!

Pam

nogardsram 12-15-2006 08:32 PM

So...

I'm from Idaho. I've been a vegan for almost three years. For 2 years and 9 months I'd never met another vegan besides my wife (a few vegetarians, but no vegans). Then I meet some through the school here. Now I know about 10, but I don't think any are on here. I may be wrong though.

ebonivory 01-05-2007 07:30 AM

Hello everone! I am new to this site and still pretty new to raw veganism. I have known about raw veganism for a little over a year, i did it for a couple weeks and then gave up because my addiction to cooked food was too great. I have now started up again and am really looking forward to staying this way. I live in Boise and would like to meet other people who are like me so if there are any out there send me a message.

-Scott

hazard04 04-14-2007 09:38 AM

It seems like this topic died ages ago. Well I'm also from Idaho, and currently (Besides political issues) nothing new is happening.

Noctem 05-05-2007 07:21 PM

Just joined the forums and Im from Idaho.

nogardsram 05-06-2007 04:59 PM

Hey you two. I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I too am from Idaho, although I'm from the north part.

Not many people from Idaho, so this thread is pretty slow.

Noctem 05-06-2007 08:15 PM

Slow would be an understatement from what Ive seen so far lol. Well let's make this damn thing active.

Huckleberry 05-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

Hey you two. I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I too am from Idaho, although I'm from the north part.

Not many people from Idaho, so this thread is pretty slow.

I'm also in North Idaho!

Noctem 05-07-2007 06:05 PM

Well where are all the southern idaho people at? Guy or girl I dont care. Someone to eat with and talk with on occassion would be great lol.

nogardsram 05-07-2007 07:11 PM

Well now this thread is picking up.

Hello Huckleberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem View Post

Well where are all the southern idaho people at? Guy or girl I dont care. Someone to eat with and talk with on occassion would be great lol.

Wow, are you really lonely down in southern Idaho? Are there really no more people down there? I thought it was more populous than north Idaho. Where did everyone go? Is the real-estate dirt cheap now?

Sorry, dumb joke. I know you mean a veggie.

Noctem 05-07-2007 07:37 PM

All is forgiven since you are in the meat eating only state of Idaho :P

nogardsram 05-07-2007 07:51 PM

Yeah, sorry, I guess it's that lack of protein that doesn't allow my brain to function properly.

So how is southern Idaho?

Noctem 05-07-2007 08:20 PM

Terribly boring for the most part. Since Im just getting into the veggie "scene" for lack of better words Im trying to find others in the area. Only have 3 organic stores in the area and havent been to all of them yet. Going get to the last one in town in a few days.

nogardsram 05-08-2007 10:53 PM

Three organic stores as in 3 health food type stores? If so, you're lucky.

We have one Co-Op, and a couple stores that have a small selection of organic foods...

Noctem 05-09-2007 05:13 AM

Yep, thats what we got here.

nogardsram 05-09-2007 07:22 PM

So what do you people do in Idaho?

Noctem 05-09-2007 09:41 PM

I do the same things that most people in bigger cities do since that's where Im from originally. However for the most part the area Im in is full of conservative, gun totting, meating nut jobs that usually own a dairy and or are associated with one in some way.

kazyeeqen 07-06-2007 01:43 PM

Hi Idahoans! I'm from Idaho too. Born and raised. I just thought I'd give a shout out to my fellow Idaho folks! Yo! I'm from the North though, so I don't know nothing about no potatoes except local organic ones, and while they are really, really good food, we grow a lot of other stuff around here too.

nogardsram 10-07-2007 07:43 AM

Anything new for people in Idaho?

kazyeeqen 10-07-2007 08:29 PM

Let's see... The season is almost over here, the growing season that is. Fresh veg will wane and be replaced with winter storage. Of course we will still be able to buy whatever we want at the grocery store...

nogardsram 10-07-2007 08:47 PM

Yeah, tell me about it...

But it's nice that it'll be winter soon, so that's good I guess.

Funkified 10-08-2007 10:53 PM

idaho! i love idaho. especially Riggins, Idaho. there's a small chance i'll be moving there next year.

SO pretty.

nogardsram 10-09-2007 08:09 AM

Riggins is a pretty nice place. I haven't been there too much, but I've heard a lot about it.