Georgia Coming to Atlanta May 26-30: Any Suggestions? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey ya'll! I'm coming down to Atlanta next month for my friend's graduation. I haven't booked my flights but I'm probably going to do that tonight or tomorrow. I'm looking at coming down from Tuesday the 26th to Saturday the 30th. I'll probably be on an early morning flight there and an afternoon flight home.

I'm going to be staying in the hostel on Ponce de Leon street and will be relying on MARTA to get around for the most part. Taking that into account, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do and see while I'm there? I'm up for tourist things or something that the locals love. My friend lives in Alpharetta and knows the city well if it's something obscure. I've looked on HappyCow to see the veg restaurants, but I'd love to hear VB'ers take on any of the places.

If anyone's up for a meetup, I'm up for that, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

*bump*

I booked my tickets and reserved my bed! I'm getting there early on the 26th and leaving mid-morning on the 30th.
#3 Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 AM

You should go to Cosmos!

www.cosmosveganshoppe.com

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I wish I were more familiar with downtown Atlanta, because I'd love to try out all the restaurants.

As far as entertainment, the Plaza Theatre (which is on Ponce de Leon) is always running campy old movies, and every Friday at midnight they do a showing of Rocky Horror (if you're into that sort of thing. The cast and crew there are fabulous). http://www.plazaatlanta.com/

I don't know MARTA that well, but if you can get to Little Five Points, it's always interesting and funky to explore, even though it usually looks sketchy. Junkman's Daughter and Psycho Sisters are both fun stores and worth checking out.

And there's always the Fabulous Fox, which I know is close to MARTA station. http://www.foxtheatre.org/tours.htm

Hope you enjoy your visit. ^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page