Georgia Atlanta--vegan food - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Georgians! I am in the Philly area, but will be coming to Atlanta for a conference in March. I will be staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, 265 Peachtree Center Ave.

I am wondering if anyone here can recommend any restaurants for vegan food, within a 10 minute walk from the Marriott. (?) The restaurants don't have to be 100% vegan, but have some vegan choices.

I did an online search but am not sure which of the restaurants I found are within walking distance of the hotel.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Beginner

I can't think of any within walking distance offhand, but you ARE within walking distance of a MARTA train station if you need to go a bit further out.

Well, googling turned up a few but I can't vouch for them. You may want to call them before you head out of your hotel as I have no idea if they're still there or not.

Closest one I've found to you so far is:

Calabash Vegetarian Kitchen

233 Mitchell St SW, Atlanta, Georgia (30303) (at between Spring & Forsyth)

404-957-7376

If you want to list the other ones I can tell you where they are in relation to where you'll be staying and the easiest way to get to them if you'd like.
#3 Old 09-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curses View Post

I can't think of any within walking distance offhand, but you ARE within walking distance of a MARTA train station if you need to go a bit further out.

Well, googling turned up a few but I can't vouch for them. You may want to call them before you head out of your hotel as I have no idea if they're still there or not.

Closest one I've found to you so far is:

Calabash Vegetarian Kitchen

233 Mitchell St SW, Atlanta, Georgia (30303) (at between Spring & Forsyth)

404-957-7376

If you want to list the other ones I can tell you where they are in relation to where you'll be staying and the easiest way to get to them if you'd like.

Thanks! I searched online and found these too:

http://www.cafesunflower.com

http://www.lovingitlive.com/

http://www.greensproutga.com/main_menu.htm

I found out that they aren't exactly walking-distance, but I can take the train or a taxi. I am especially happy that I found that one raw restaurant. Do you happen to know if those 3 are still in business, offhand? I will definitely check myself before I come in March, too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Beginner

I can vouch for cafe sunflower, although I've only been to the Sandy Springs one. The others I don't know. Hmm, I've never noticed that Green Sprout place before, but it seems to be right by a really nice smoothie place, Arden's Garden.

Our transit system has a trip planner on the front page of their website here as well. It really does come in handy, I use it all the time.
#5 Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks... Is the MARTA easy enough to use without doing the 'trip planner' in advance? I mean.. if I just go to the nearest station, I can find out where I need to go if I know the address?
#6 Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Beginner

Probably not. Atlanta is a huge city in terms of area. The stations all have maps in them, but you'd have to know what general area you're looking for. Best bet is to plan your route in advance.
#7 Old 10-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curses View Post

Probably not. Atlanta is a huge city in terms of area. The stations all have maps in them, but you'd have to know what general area you're looking for. Best bet is to plan your route in advance.

OK thanks! I will check that out closer to the time..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page