Georgia - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 04:05 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in the Hinesville/Ft Stewart area.

Anyone else?
#3 Old 05-13-2003, 07:40 PM

I'm in Marietta, about 15 miles outside of Atlanta.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in a suburb of Atlanta. ^_^

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#5 Old 05-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Banned

I live in North Fulton county. Used to live in Marietta.
#6 Old 05-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, guys--if you live in Georgia, you have no reason not to go to the gathering!! It's going to be a good time--all are welcome!! You know you want to go so you might as well just do it!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...?threadid=4060
#7 Old 05-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Veggie Regular

i second what muppet said! we want as many people as possible.. haha headlines the next day..

VEGAN'S TAKE ATLANTA BY STORM... LOL

so please consider coming and joining us..

did we mention

vegan food

hot chic's

and fun!
#8 Old 06-20-2003, 08:16 PM

I stay in Duluth. Sup folks.
#9 Old 06-26-2003, 04:38 PM

I live in exotic Sandy Springs!
#10 Old 06-26-2003, 05:02 PM

Exotic! Hehe. Well, at least you're close to Sam's restaurant.
#11 Old 06-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Sam's! Yum!

missleigh, I love your sig. ^_^

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#12 Old 06-26-2003, 09:01 PM

Sam who?
#13 Old 06-27-2003, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, there's Sam's, but then there's Harmony! Too bad it's in Chambodia.

I live in Cobb County, about 26 miles from my job downtown. It's a good thing I get to work from home once a week, or I'd eventually be on the news for road rage. Wait, that could still happen.
#14 Old 06-27-2003, 12:52 PM

I used to commute from Lawrenceville to Dunwoody. It took 1.5 hours on a good day. If it rained at all, I'd just sleep in my cube. After the pleasure of seeing a few deadly wrecks, I decided to shorten my commute.
#15 Old 06-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

One of the few good things about my otherwise crappy work schedule is that I don't have to commute at peak traffic times.

I'm fortunate enough that I only live about 20-30 minutes (depending on traffic) from my office, and I can take surface roads and avoid the daily disasters on I-285 and I-75.

#16 Old 06-28-2003, 10:15 AM

Oh my god Reb, that is one long commute! I live only twenty miles from work, but coming home can take as long as 1 1/2 hours on a bad day, thirty minutes if the planets are aligned just right.
#17 Old 06-30-2003, 10:14 AM

I did that commute for three months. Now, I live roughly one mile form my office. If traffic is bad, I can walk
#18 Old 06-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone live in Macon or know of veg friendly restaurants there? I may be going there for a conference for work soon.
#19 Old 06-30-2003, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by christy13

Does anyone live in Macon or know of veg friendly restaurants there? I may be going there for a conference for work soon.

No, but they do have a world-famous chilli dog joint. If they make a good vegan chilli dog, I'll move there!
#20 Old 08-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by christy13

I'd like to pose the same question to anyone who knows about Augusta -- I live there but, unfortunately, have had limited luck in locating many restaurants with good vegan options...
#21 Old 08-16-2003, 05:39 PM

I stay in Carrollton, GA
#22 Old 08-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by chiaraluna

I'd like to pose the same question to anyone who knows about Augusta -- I live there but, unfortunately, have had limited luck in locating many restaurants with good vegan options...

I lived in Augusta for a few months and wasn't too fortunate with veg options. However, Spinnakers (sp?) at the mall had some kind of wrap and also veggie kebobs that I was able to get with minimal moderation. There was also a mexican food place with delicious fajitas that I went to. I think it was by Target.
#23 Old 08-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_Sword2Sky View Post

I lived in Augusta for a few months and wasn't too fortunate with veg options. However, Spinnakers (sp?) at the mall had some kind of wrap and also veggie kebobs that I was able to get with minimal moderation. There was also a mexican food place with delicious fajitas that I went to. I think it was by Target.

I've lived here for years... I should know more about this than I do. Ahhh, well -- I've not been vegan for very long. Thanks for your help.
#24 Old 10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in South Carolina, just outside of Savannah, Georgia. I go to Savannah all the time, does anyone know of any vegetarian or vegan restaurants there?
#25 Old 10-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl View Post

I live in South Carolina, just outside of Savannah, Georgia. I go to Savannah all the time, does anyone know of any vegetarian or vegan restaurants there?

I don't know of any strictly vegetarian restaurants in Savannah. I go to Savannah frequently and have limited choices. Brighter Day Marketplace (natural food store) has a deli with vegan options, there is also a small cafe next door to them that has one or two vegan choices. Though I have yet to try either, both Curry Corner and Taste of India claim to have vegan meals on their menu. Mellow Mushroom Has vegan choices and the last time I went there they even had a hot waiter (I thought so anyway). If you go to the Savannah mall, the gyro place can make a vegan gyro upon request. There is a girl that works there that understands what a vegan is and even offers to clean the grill while the other employees seem to be in the dark. At the Oglethorpe mall, I would suggest a visit to the Macaroni Grill. I get the Capellini Pomodoro and munch on the peasant bread. Good luck!
#26 Old 10-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you so much Erin, I will have to try out these restaurants. I've been wanting to try the Macaroni Grill.
#27 Old 10-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

You're welcome. Also, I forgot to mention Moes. I don't remember what options they had, but I know that had something though I have yet to try it. You could send them an email asking about it. http://www.moes.com/index.html
#28 Old 10-16-2003, 06:14 AM

Hey Guys and Gals...I just stumbld across this thread and wanted to say that I live in Columbus, GA which has a whopping one vegetarian store/vegan restaraunt (but they use honey).

Anyway, I make it to Atlanta quite frequently as well. Anyone know of any good restaraunts there
#29 Old 10-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Soul Vegetarian, Cafe Sunflower, Flying Biscuit, and many more.

ETA: R. Thomas, Harmony, and check this link.
#30 Old 12-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Guys,

If you are in GA, and want to find out about goings on in animal rights/vegan related stuff, the local AR Group (Georgia Animal Rights and Protection) has a new website up at http://www.garpatlanta.org

you can sign up and view protest and whatnot.

Our next one is this weekend at the perimeter mall area PetLand. If you want more info let me know.

Me, I am in Kennesaw, GA, which is Cobb County, close to Marietta.

-Ann
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page