Georgia - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 09-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I would, but I work Saturdays and will be gone this weekend. I hope a couple more people sign up to go so that you'll be able to, though!

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 09-02-2004, 09:10 PM

Hey Christy and Ceryna, good to hear there are at least some like-minded people around here. The Meetup was cancelled... I put out feelers to still have an unofficial function but no bites yet. Ah well, always next time.
#63 Old 09-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Here we go again. I have tickets to see Jill Scott on October 23rd at Dekalb Atlanta Center. The same coworker who ended up going to see Erykah Badu with me said she'd go a month or so ago. She is now saying she'll go if I don't find anyone else. So, I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't know of anyone that likes her, or that I'd want to go with me to a concert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 10-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm seriously considering selling these tickets now. Any takers? I may put them on eBay. It's just a pain in the ass, and the coworker doesn't seem to want to go now. How much fun would that be?
#65 Old 11-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Beginner

Chillin' down here in Valdosta. I think I may be the only vegan in this city
#66 Old 04-15-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetashoney View Post

I live in MACON

me too

How come it took me so long to find this thread?
#67 Old 05-13-2005, 07:45 AM

i'm from Albany
#68 Old 05-13-2005, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Chillin' down here in Valdosta. I think I may be the only vegan in this city

i'll be in valdosta soon enough. i'm leaving for val. tech. in 2006! or state, not sure which one i want..but my bf will be at val. state in august..i'm alost in albany though!!!

wo0t for the BANY!! not reallly..i hate this place
#69 Old 05-13-2005, 08:18 AM

i'll be moving in w/ manduh and her b/f and leaving Albany in a year.
#70 Old 05-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

The former Atlanta Vegan Meetup has moved to Yahoo Groups and is now the Atlanta Vegan Activity Group . We meet once each month to share delicious vegan food. We usually meet at an intown vegetarian restaurant or hold a vegan potluck.

To learn more about the group or to join, please visit

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlVeg .

Thanks!
#71 Old 05-16-2005, 10:33 AM

yep you sure will!
#72 Old 06-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Beginner

Update: I HAD to get out of Valdosta, so I moved back up to the Atlanta suburbs (Hopefully I'll be in the city within the year). To the person going to Valdosta. If you want to buy tempeh, miso, nutritional yeast, herbs, ect. The people that run Another Way in Remerton are really nice, and are extremely helpful.
#73 Old 07-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Beginner

correction, change of mind has occured and I am staying in valdosta after all.
#74 Old 08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I decided to head over to Norcross today to eat at one of my favorite restaurants... Fung's Vegetarian... and they were out of business!

This was the nicest place run by the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. They had left a sign on the door saying the restaurant had closed down and thanking everyone for their business.

Does anyone know what happened? I will really miss that place and its delicious food!
#75 Old 08-19-2005, 02:20 PM

I heard that Fung's was just changing locations, but maybe that fell through. I never got around to eating there because my husband told me that it wasn't great, but I did know other people who liked it.

Either way, it's always sad when a veg restaurant goes under.
#76 Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the info, MissLeigh.

I do hope they re-open somewhere else... the sign didn't mention anything about a new store though... just a nice handwritten "thank you and good bye". Either way, I hope the owners find happiness in their next endeavors... I will miss that place.
#77 Old 08-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Buford, very close to Hall County.
#78 Old 08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgarciadiaz View Post

I live in Buford, very close to Hall County.

Welcome!
#79 Old 08-24-2005, 08:33 PM

i'm in east atlanta. lately i've been cooking more than eating out, but some of the places i haunt are cameli's (or whatever they're calling themselves these days, veggie cafe or something) on glenwood, moe's (rice, beans, guac, and tortillas are vegan plus they have tofu), return to eden market on cheshire bridge carries a fake turkey salad sandwich, and just the spread, that i'm completely addicted to, queen of sheba ethiopian restaurant by target on north druid hills told me all of their veggie dishes are butter free, udipi cafe on lawrenceville hwy is vegetarian indian and has vegan options, r. thomas on peachtree is great for mixed company, cafe sunflower of course, just tried veggieland and will be back, soul vegetarian on north highland, persepolos on roswell road has vegan options if you ask, green sprout at monroe & piedmont, harmony on buford hwy, and chinese buddha on 14th st. i'm sure i'm forgetting something. when i have a mighty need for a special sweet, i'll hit whole foods for a vegan chocolate cookie, pick up a piece of cake at sevananda market (love the chocolate & carrot) or pick up something at cameli's. had a great raspberry chocolate cake there. damn, now i want dessert....
#80 Old 08-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey Abra!

You are making me hungry! Stop! Seriously, thanks... this is an INCREDIBLE list, which I plan to use! Much appreciated!
#81 Old 08-25-2005, 04:03 AM

hehe, sorry guac! i can't stand eating the same thing all the time, so i'm obsessed with having lots and lots of different food options.
#82 Old 09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guacivore View Post

Welcome!

Do you live by there too?
#83 Old 09-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgarciadiaz View Post

Do you live by there too?

No, but I do live in the metro area. (N Fulton)

#84 Old 09-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, Cool

#85 Old 09-05-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what happened? I will really miss that place and its delicious food!

It moved.
#86 Old 09-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Fung's Vegetarian has reopened, in Roswell....

***4 miles from my house!!!!***

#87 Old 09-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Quote:

I decided to head over to Norcross today to eat at one of my favorite restaurants... Fung's Vegetarian... and they were out of business!

This was the nicest place run by the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. They had left a sign on the door saying the restaurant had closed down and thanking everyone for their business.

Hi... just bumped into your question when I was looking up some veggie restaurant stuff. Fung's is now in the Roswell area. They just put an ad in our local ad flier and I called them and they said they are on Woodstock road and just moved from Norcross. So your favorite restaurant is still around! Just had to let you know... Sonia
#88 Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM

Hey, this landed in my mailbox this week. Thought some of you might be interested.

Laura

-----------------------------------------

The Vegetarian Society of Georgia (VSG) and Georgia Animal Rights and

Protection (GARP) are proud to announce an evening with The Mad Cowboy,

Howard Lyman, on Wednesday, Oct. 19 in Atlanta. Mr. Lyman is a fourth

generation cattle rancher who became vegan activist after suffering a severe health crisis.

Most people know Mr. Lyman as Oprah Winfreys co-defendant in a 1996 court case filed by some Texas cattlemen. The lawsuit alleged that Mr. Lyman and Ms. Winfrey had violated a Texas law that forbids "knowingly making false statements" about agricultural business when they talked about "mad cow disease" in beef. In 1998, the Texas jury found Mr. Lyman and Ms. Winfrey were not criminally liable for their comments.

Where: The Fulton County Central Library, 1 Margaret Mitchell Square, NW,

Atlanta, GA 30303; phone (404) 730-1700. The library is in downtown Atlanta, at the corner of Forsyth Street and Carnegie Way, just two blocks south of the Peachtree Center MARTA station.

When: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 6:30-8:30 p.m

What: His talk, "Eating the Earth a Bite at a Time" will be followed by a Q&A session and a book signing. Admission is free although we would greatly appreciate donations to help cover the costs of the event.

For More information please visit our websites:

vegsocietyofga.org

garpatlanta.org

madcowboy.com
#89 Old 10-16-2005, 05:37 AM

I live a little east of Atlanta, and go to Oxford College of Emory University in Oxford, Georgia. I think that apart from maybe a couple of hindus, I actually am the only vegan on campus. Anyone who wants to meet up sometime I would love to.

Anyone else find the Dekalb World Farmer's Market to be their favorite Atlanta hangout? haha
#90 Old 10-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi West, the Farmer's Market in Dekalb is pretty fabulous!

In case you might be interested, here is a link to a vegan dining group in Atlanta (we used to be on Meetup till they started charging):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlVeg/
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page