Just moved here and wow do I feel lost. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 AM

Hi, I just recently moved to Cartersville, and yup, it seems that I am somewhere near the middle of nowhere, very pretty though. I'm having a kind of rough time figuring out where to shop for my usual staples, although I am pretty impressed that the one grocery store I've been to does have Veganaise and tempeh, smiley.gif but not much else. As far as I can tell, there's not a healthfood store anywhere close by, and I'm getting hungry! I'm not complaining though, I know it will just take time to figure out where things are. Just kind of rough right now. Is anyone familiar with the area that could help me out?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 AM

hi pupcakes! i live in lizella & have been here about 2 yrs. i promise that if you go to Kroger, you will find mucho stuff in the natural foods section. when i first got here, i worked as a vegan cooking instructor for a research study, and the participants rallied together and approached Kroger about their natural foods section....they have pumped it up quite a bit!

i don't know much about cartersville.......but you are not far from ATL, and there is a ton there for you, vegan-wise. check out vegdining.com, happycow, or yelp for some help.

Mellow Mushrooms ALL have Daiya, and a ton of vegan options. that is always a good place to get sammiches, pizza, or abundant salads. just make sure to tell them to leave off the butter & parm on your pizza. there is the BEST natural food store in ATL called Sevananda.....omg.

wishing you the best of luck!

*j*

#3 Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM

Hi Jacque Line, I live in Bonaire...about 35 minutes away from you!! I find most of what I need at Kroger. Sometimes takes a trip to Publix. I am very new to eating vegan though so I'm so excited to learn about things I don't know about yet! : )) And I had NO idea Mellow Mushroom had so many vegan options! Makes me want to go there just for that! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page