*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1172 Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Ah-HEM. What am I, chopped tofu?

<<Has been a VB member for a LONG time (longer than you, actually) and LIVES IN SAN DIEGO, always has!

Anyway, I think a Fall meeting in SD would be great. November maybe?

Chopped eggplant.... *runs quickly*

You're equally loved, I promise

I'm looking at apartments closer to SDSU instead of downtown... I was just downtown and it was scary busy... and I've been there during game night at Petco stadium... I'd rather EAT MEAT than sit in that traffic again.
#1173 Old 01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

So what parts? Im a carmel vally-ite(near Del Mar for all of the imposters trying to post here who don't live here )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1174 Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

You're equally loved, I promise

Riiiiiiiiight.

I see how it is!

How 'bout I just tell you all the best places to go, but won't go myself to save you the irritation of my presence.

Vegan Zone in Pacific Beach is the best place to eat. Get the Tom Kha soup and ask for broccoli to be added to it. Enjoy a kombucha and get some french fries and pancakes too!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#1175 Old 01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi amy, the mrs. and i would love to get together for lunch, dinner, whatever in the orange county area. drop a note if anything falls together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Anybody still around in SoCal for a meetup? I propose two of 'em.

One in the first half of the year up in the L.A., OC or Inland Empire area.

Second one in the second half of the year in San Diego, especially if Heather (danaskully64) is living down there then. I'd have to drive down there, but I haven't been to San Diego (despite my relative proximity to the area) in a million years, so I think it would be fun to have a meetup in SD. Or I could take the train. THAT would be interesting.

Any takers? Oh, please, I need this.

#1176 Old 01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Riiiiiiiiight.

I see how it is!

How 'bout I just tell you all the best places to go, but won't go myself to save you the irritation of my presence.

Vegan Zone in Pacific Beach is the best place to eat. Get the Tom Kha soup and ask for broccoli to be added to it. Enjoy a kombucha and get some french fries and pancakes too!

You are! I you I talk about you outside of the VB, like you're a very close friend of mine... you can even ask my boyfriend!

I checked out reviews for the Vegan Zone... Mark and I might go there for lunch tomorrow Sounds pretty darn good! We were going to try Pokez, but didn't have time... plus, it got mixed reviews.
#1177 Old 01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I know YOU love me It is mutual

Please, go to Vegan Zone! The owners are so nice, it is VERY clean, and the food is delicious and fresh. It's not "fancy" at all. The decor is simple and healthy with just the right amount of highly processed yummy faux-meats. Plus, they have avocado pancakes!

The Katsu chicken with forbidden rice is my sweetie's favorite. He gets that with and extra cutlet, the Tom Kha soup and either a baby coconut or GT's Kombucha. I get the Tom Kha (WITH NO MUSHROOMS OR BELL PEPPERS, SUB BROCCOLI oops! caps! ) and snag a bite of his Katsu cutlet.

The Katsu sauce is too sweet for me, like a thick hosin sauce. I prefer spicy to sweet.

If you want to indulge in an affordable (yet still decent) massage, there's a massage clinic nearby that has $45 massages. PM me if you want more info and tell them I sent you.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#1178 Old 01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

We're trying to get all of our errands into this last day here, it's just going to be hard. We have to check out by noon. Mark wants to go for a walk now around the island, so I gotta get my butt up and put on some walking clothes

I'm going to do my very best to eat there... I want to go, so it will probably happen. I'm going to write down your suggestions before I leave the hotel.

I would LOVE to get a massage, it's something I was supposed to do on my birthday (Mark didn't want to go and have me spend that much money though). I'll probably be back here soon, so I'll definately have to get one then. I'll let you know when that time gets closer. It's either going to be for my birthday in May or before. We'll probably be back to put our names on a list for the apartment we want, either in April or May.

#1179 Old 01-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

I went to Vegan Zone and it was good! It's a very small place and the lady there was very nice! I ordered the Tom Kha soup the way you told me too. I've actually never had soup with coconut milk before, it was different and good! Mark ordered the Pineapple Burger with fries and that was good too! I took pictures, I'll upload them later tonight.

I want to go back and try different items. I'm glad to be home again (especially after waiting in the Starbucks line for 20 minutes in Temecula), but I miss the hotel, the ducks, the clean air, and every other aspect.

Ahmisa... are San Diego freeways normally pretty free of heavy traffic? I think we just got lucky... but since they do offer many different types of public transportation, it's possible that even though San Diego has about 3 times the population as Riverside, the traffic COULD be better.
#1180 Old 01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Vegan Zone Food Pictures:

Pineapple Burger 1 (burger open)

Pineapple Burger 2

Tom Kha Soup
#1181 Old 01-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, great, now I'm starving...

That's definitely where we're going for our SD meetup!

#1182 Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

YAY! I don't know for sure, but I might not be able to do one later this year... we'll have to see how things go. I'll keep you guys updated.

Here's the site for Vegan Zone: http://veganzonesd.com
#1183 Old 02-02-2008, 05:33 PM

I know this is a shot in the dark but is there anyone here in the Ridgecrest, Trona, Inyokern area. Or even lone pine, big pine, bishop?
#1184 Old 02-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

But I visited there a very long time ago. It was really hot. I drank a lot of vodka.

#1185 Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

A lot a lot? Like... a lot?
#1186 Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I was a kid. There was nothing to do.

#1187 Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Oh geez How old?
#1188 Old 02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post

I know this is a shot in the dark but is there anyone here in the Ridgecrest, Trona, Inyokern area. Or even lone pine, big pine, bishop?

I've been to Bishop once and hope to get there again this September or October. I like climbing at Owens River Gorge and haven't been there in years.
#1189 Old 02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post

I'm quite familiar with that area, but I live further south. You looking for info or a place to crash?
#1190 Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

san deigo traffic isn't that bad. But rush hour can be horrible ( as it is usualy). thankfull i Don't really need to be any where during rush hour
#1191 Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

I think my bf and I got REALLY lucky then, we never hit traffic on the 3 seperate trips we were there, totaling more than 8 days. We drove around a lot too. This traffic doesn't include downtown, it's always crazy there, especially when there's a game going on at Petco stadium.

I might not be moving to San Diego... we'll see... career plans have changed.
#1192 Old 02-04-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadinSacto View Post

I'm quite familiar with that area, but I live further south. You looking for info or a place to crash?

Nope just looking for some other veg*ns. I seem to be the only one in a 100 mile radius lol.
#1193 Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I might not be moving to San Diego... we'll see... career plans have changed.

Well, SPILL!!!

#1194 Old 02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, really. Spill it, sistah.

#1195 Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

I sent a PM to Ahimsa a few days ago. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag.... my bf is going to stop pursuing law school and is going back to his original career plan with the Navy. I support him and I think it's going to be a good thing for us
#1196 Old 02-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Hi from Rancho Cucamonga!
#1197 Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page