SF Bay vegan for birthday - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 04-20-2019, 11:49 PM
Newbie
 
AbirasDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: High Springs, FL
Posts: 47
SF Bay vegan for birthday

just arrived to the bay area and looking for a bang up place (not fancy, just great) to take the wife for her birthday. Outstanding views helps...we're staying in San something or other in between Palo Alto and SF Bay (I'm here for work in PA).

BTW, recommendations welcome for the 2.5 days we're here in the Palo Alto/MV/Sunnyvale area.

But really would like to take her somewhere great for the birthday.
Much prefer vegan or at least vegetarian restaurants. we like everything.
thanks for any insight.

Have already HappyCow'd and Yelp'd...but tough to find this w/o personal recommendations. thanks all.
AbirasDad is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
THE place to go is Greens in San Francisco. If you have looked at Happy Cow and Yelp you already know this.

Memorable, world famous, great views.
It's also pricey. but hey its a special event. It can get crowded during popular hours and when it gets crowded it gets noisy.

make a reservation. leave plenty of time to get there. Add 90 minutes to your drive time for traffic, getting list and parking.

The food is top notch. Not too many vegan items on the menu. It's all vegetarian. I found something vegan on the menu and I'm under the impression that you can get many of the items customized to be vegan. They just have to leave off the cheese. And the desserts are to die for.

I'm local in San Mateo, and THE place I take my out-of-town friends is a lunch place. Campus Cafe. It's one of those places that is not only a little bit off the beaten track but as I just discovered it has almost no web presence. It serves a local business park so it is only open business hours. Best bet is the lunch menu. There is at least one great vegan sandwich. Most menu items are in the low teens.

But the thing that sells it is the outdoor patio and the view. If you go a little after 1 you will have the place to yourself. but you should call first. Sometimes they are closed to the public because of events. If nothing else you can maybe stop there for coffee.
Mr. H. is offline  
#3 Old 04-22-2019, 10:37 AM
Newbie
 
AbirasDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: High Springs, FL
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
THE place to go is Greens in San Francisco. If you have looked at Happy Cow and Yelp you already know this.
I have looked but nothing screamed "I'm the best." I don't know how I didn't find "the one" but I didn't. That's why I'm here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
THE
Memorable, world famous, great views.
It's also pricey. but hey its a special event. It can get crowded during popular hours and when it gets crowded it gets noisy.
You are 100% right - it's a special event and no problem for this special one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
THE
make a reservation. leave plenty of time to get there. Add 90 minutes to your drive time for traffic, getting list and parking.

The food is top notch. Not too many vegan items on the menu. It's all vegetarian. I found something vegan on the menu and I'm under the impression that you can get many of the items customized to be vegan. They just have to leave off the cheese. And the desserts are to die for.

I'm local in San Mateo, and THE place I take my out-of-town friends is a lunch place. Campus Cafe. It's one of those places that is not only a little bit off the beaten track but as I just discovered it has almost no web presence. It serves a local business park so it is only open business hours. Best bet is the lunch menu. There is at least one great vegan sandwich. Most menu items are in the low teens.

But the thing that sells it is the outdoor patio and the view. If you go a little after 1 you will have the place to yourself. but you should call first. Sometimes they are closed to the public because of events. If nothing else you can maybe stop there for coffee.
These tips are great, thanks very much.
AbirasDad is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off