Los Angeles Places To Eat For Vegetarians - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barry

#1 Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 AM

Hi there

I am set to travel to Los Angeles on holiday, however am unsure of any great places to eat for a vegetarian (myself).

Would really appreciate a few recommended spots.

WWTDO? (What Would Tyler Durden Do)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in the L.A. area.

Real Food Daily, Santa Monica and West Hollywood
Follow Your Heart in the San Fernando Valley
The Veggie Grill, Santa Monica, El Segundo and elsewhere
Native Foods in Westwood and Culver City
Rahel Vegan Ethopian restaurant in Los Angeles

and that's just for starters. I have to leave now, but I can add more later. Hang in there!

Also, the places I listed above are strictly veg*an, but there are also other restaurants that aren't but are veg*an friendly.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Whenever we go to LA we feel like kids in a candy store.
http://www.vegguide.org/region/97
http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/california/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Whenever we go to LA we feel like kids in a candy store.
http://www.vegguide.org/region/97
http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/california/

You will NOT go hungry in L.A., trust me.

This morning I forgot to mention Golden Mean Cafe in Santa Monica, which is also vegan.

There is also Madeleine Bistro in Tarzana, which is a vegan French restaurant. I've never been there, and it's pretty pricey and upscale, but I'd love to try it. *hinthint*

#5 Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, will certainly check a lot of these places out.

lol nice placement with the "hinthint" Amy SF =)

WWTDO? (What Would Tyler Durden Do)
#6 Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I also neglected to mention Stuff I Eat, a vegan mostly soul food restaurant in Inglewood. I've eaten there twice (so far) and they're really good.

#7 Old 01-27-2017, 09:30 PM

I realize this is an old thread, but I hope Amy SF is still active and reads this. I plan to take my son and his girlfriend out to dinner for his birthday. This will be the first time I meet her, and she is a vegetarian. They live in Playa del Rey, so anything on the Westside would work. I'd even drive further, if you know of a special place. As it is I'll be driving a couple of hours just to get to their place. I prefer food that isn't highly spiced, but I'm not going for bland, either. I'm not looking to impress her by picking some place expensive, but I don't want a dive, either. A nice sit down restaurant with quality healthy food and a nice atmosphere would be ideal. Based on the descriptions and reviews I've read online, The Green Temple in Redondo Beach sounds closest to what I am seeking. What are the best veggie restaurants in the area? I only have 3 weeks to get this planned, so hope to hear from Amy or others fairly soon.
#8 Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but I hope Amy SF is still active and reads this. I plan to take my son and his girlfriend out to dinner for his birthday. This will be the first time I meet her, and she is a vegetarian. They live in Playa del Rey, so anything on the Westside would work. I'd even drive further, if you know of a special place. As it is I'll be driving a couple of hours just to get to their place. I prefer food that isn't highly spiced, but I'm not going for bland, either. I'm not looking to impress her by picking some place expensive, but I don't want a dive, either. A nice sit down restaurant with quality healthy food and a nice atmosphere would be ideal. Based on the descriptions and reviews I've read online, The Green Temple in Redondo Beach sounds closest to what I am seeking. What are the best veggie restaurants in the area? I only have 3 weeks to get this planned, so hope to hear from Amy or others fairly soon.

Mmm...Cafe Gratitude is a sit down, full service vegan restaurant on Rose Avenue in Venice. I don't know about "atmosphere" for that you might want to go to Moby's Little Pine, but that's not near Playa del Rey. I used to live on that side of town, and the closest place with atmosphere I can think of is Real Food Daily in Santa Monica, unless you want to go to a Thai place that isn't vegan but serves vegan cuisine, there's one on Washington Blvd by the Venice Pier, actually between the pier and Abbott Kinney.

I can suggest several cafes, like Native Foods in Santa Monica, or Muse on 8th downtown, or there's a vegan Cuban restaurant in Inglewood, between Playa and LAX.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#9 Old 02-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Cafe Gratitude and Little Pine both look good. Have you heard anything about The Green Temple in Redondo? I'll run these by my son and see which one looks best to him. Thank you.
Thalassa likes this.
#10 Old 02-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Cafe Gratitude and Little Pine both look good. Have you heard anything about The Green Temple in Redondo? I'll run these by my son and see which one looks best to him. Thank you.
I haven't spent much time in Redondo. Most of the places I know besides the ones I recommend in West LA are in Hollywood, North Hollywood, and the Valley.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#11 Old 02-01-2017, 08:37 PM

My son works in Redondo. Has anyone here been to The Green Temple? Google the green temple and you'll see lots of photos of the restaurant and the food they serve.
Just click on 'See photos' in the box on the right when the search page opens up.
#12 Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 PM

We ended up going to Little Pine in Silver Lake. The food was good, though expensive. I'm not used to spending over $100 for 3 meals without drinks. The closest parking was 3 blocks away. They pack a lot of people into a small room, so it is crowded and noisy. My son and his girlfriend enjoyed the meal, so it was all worthwhile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page