New vegan store in Southern California - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Contributing Member

Finally we have a really cool vegan store for those of us in the Inland Empire.
It's called La Viva Vegan and I have been there a few times. It's in Rancho Cucamonga and just opened about 1 1/2 months ago. It's still a bit small, but growing. I now have a place to get GoMax bars that is semi nearby. They also have Daiya in all three flavors.

I love that they also have a markdown/clearance area. I was able to get a JASON Red Elements travel set for $1.99 and JASON hand lotion $1.50....the peach one.

I think it's once a month they have a potluck and sample tasting.

Anyway I just wanted to share; I'm just happy to finally have a place full of vegan goodies.

http://www.vivalavegangrocery.com/

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I've heard of this place before and they're really close to me! (Under 15 miles.) If only I had a car... I'll get over there eventually, I'm sure.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#3 Old 05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...-Inland-Empire

I've been going here for months now it opened around December, its pretty good. they have gotten a lot more items lately and local produce now too.

I participate in the pot lucks too, they are fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...-Inland-Empire

I've been going here for months now it opened around December, its pretty good. they have gotten a lot more items lately and local produce now too.

I participate in the pot lucks too, they are fun.

Oops...sorry. I only just heard about them when they had their official grand opening recently, so I didn't look back any farther then that in the threads.

#5 Old 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Banned

I picked up a very very yummy cheese dip at Viva La Vegan a few weeks ago and have already gone back twice to get more

http://food-for-lovers.com/

it is spicy, and exactly the same consistency as the cheapy canned cheese dips and nacho sauce. has chunks of tomatoes and chiles and is very addicting.

great with chips, nachos, on top of broccoli, baked potatoes and makes an awesome spicy mac and cheese when mixed with pasta.

there is another cheese dip for sale at Viva called Nacho Mom's, its gross don't get that one. it has chunks that are hard to stir out and a weird after taste.

Viva has been carrying local organic produce lately and these ready made meals (too $$$ for me to try) by One World.

They don't have sunscreen, and I asked and they had no idea what brands to stock, so I gave some suggestions so look out for sunscreen there too.
#6 Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 PM

I found out about this place about a month ago, and then told my mom about it, and she actually agreed for us to have a trip down there. I say a trip, because it's about 40 + minutes from my house! It was definitely worth it. They have a lot of stuff, but you can tell it's only going to get bigger! It was heaven for me, since I didn't have to check the ingredients on anything!

I definitely recommend any veg*n to check it out, even if you're far away like me!

Became Vegetarian: September 4th, 2010. :]
Became Vegan: May 15, 2011.

My animal/ veganism blog: www.lovenotleather.tumblr.com <3
#7 Old 07-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay i live next door to Rancho, in Fontana, i shall probably check this place out.
#8 Old 07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Yay i live next door to Rancho, in Fontana, i shall probably check this place out.

There's also a vegan thai restaurant in Rancho you might want to check out. The food is really good. It's called Bright Star and it's on Foothill.

#9 Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooh thank you so much for both suggestions! Viva la vegan has vegan jerky, which i could only find online and planned to buy kind of in bulk for $24 once i had the money in Amazon cards, and now i can check out theirs and see if i like it. And i haven't known of any veg*n restaurants close to here, they are probably pretty expensive though right? I haven't been to a restaurant in a very long time lol.
#10 Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned

in addition to Bright Star Thai Vegan there is Loving Hut in Upland and one opening soon in Claremont. There are also some restaurants with veg options to choose from in the Loma Linda/San Bernardino area (about 10 miles East of fontana), like Happy Family (all vegan Chinese food restaurant), an awesome Indian food restaurant called Clay Oven with a lot of vegan options (the buffet is mostly vegan!!!), easy to find lard free mexican food at places like Cha Cha's, and Las Brasas, AND a pizza place in Colton called Cheesy Pizza that makes vegan pizza with Daiya and other fake stuff.
#11 Old 07-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Give peas a chance

There is a video on Yelp for Viva La Vegan. The store looks much bigger than I expected. I will go check it out next weekend.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#12 Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

in addition to Bright Star Thai Vegan there is Loving Hut in Upland and one opening soon in Claremont. There are also some restaurants with veg options to choose from in the Loma Linda/San Bernardino area (about 10 miles East of fontana), like Happy Family (all vegan Chinese food restaurant), an awesome Indian food restaurant called Clay Oven with a lot of vegan options (the buffet is mostly vegan!!!), easy to find lard free mexican food at places like Cha Cha's, and Las Brasas, AND a pizza place in Colton called Cheesy Pizza that makes vegan pizza with Daiya and other fake stuff.

Bright Star is yummy! I loved their Pad See Ew. Happy Family isn't all vegan, but it's mostly vegan. It's my favorite
#13 Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

y! I loved their Pad See Ew. Happy Family isn't all vegan, but it's mostly vegan. It's my favorite

the members of the IE vegan meetup group informed me that everything on the happy family menu is vegan. the only thing they found not to be vegan was the fortune cookies, which they said they were going to change anyways. what else isn't vegan there, I'd like to tell the group since they pretty much all consider it a full vegan menu?
#14 Old 07-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

the members of the IE vegan meetup group informed me that everything on the happy family menu is vegan. the only thing they found not to be vegan was the fortune cookies, which they said they were going to change anyways. what else isn't vegan there, I'd like to tell the group since they pretty much all consider it a full vegan menu?

I think they might have taken it off, but they had a pumpkin soup on there that contained butter. Next time I go, I'll ask to be sure.
#15 Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Has anyone heard of SugarBeets Bakery?

http://www.sugarbeetsbakery.com/

Cookies, donuts, cakes, muffins, brownies!! VEGAN! I got a discount e-mail from Amazon for the muffins. This only works for the next 14 hours:

http://local.amazon.com/inland-empir...42220_20509550

Here's more info on where you can find their products: http://www.sugarbeetsbakery.com/findus.html
#16 Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Veggie Regular

So nobody in my family really wants to try vegan lol and i'm going out to eat, so i'm just going to olive garden, has anyone gone there and ordered anything? I think they'll have some vegetarian things.
#17 Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

I believe their website has a vegetarian food list.
#18 Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Has anyone heard of SugarBeets Bakery?

http://www.sugarbeetsbakery.com/

Cookies, donuts, cakes, muffins, brownies!! VEGAN! I got a discount e-mail from Amazon for the muffins. This only works for the next 14 hours:

http://local.amazon.com/inland-empir...42220_20509550

Here's more info on where you can find their products: http://www.sugarbeetsbakery.com/findus.html

That looks so good! They have a location in my old city (Orange, CA), but none near my new city Next time I'm in the area of any of those locations, though, I'm gonna try to go
#19 Old 07-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

My bf lives near Orange, so I'm going to see if he'll pick me up some goodies Too bad you don't live in Orange now.
#20 Old 08-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

I made it to Bright Star and Viva La Vegan on Saturday. I went with my family, who has been really supportive. My whole family LOVED Bright Star! It was very refreshing to get to order whatever I wanted! I ended up getting the "Chicken" Red Curry, dad got "Chicken" Kung Pao, and mom got the orange "chicken". It was fantastic. I wish it was closer, I'd go there a lot! It was a fantastic day.

Vegetarian with vegan tendencies.
#21 Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad it's not closer, I'd be BROKE!
#22 Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

haha I'm broke anyway.

#23 Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

I would love more Pad See Ew from there I'm even further away now though, so that sucks.
#24 Old 08-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I love food way too much. I'm thinking of checking out the Loving Hut tonight. Mmmmm.....

#25 Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Loving Hut is pretty good, but I'm a bigger fan of the Thai Vegan place. Different locations have different food though, I just haven't been very impressed with the store in Orange. If you're going to the one in Claremont, their menu is completely different.
#26 Old 08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

The one in Huntington is closer to me...I decided against it for tonight because I found a Chinese place by work that had vegan options. I figure I can't eat out twice in one day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page