Arizona Green - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-11-2008, 07:16 PM
zia

Just had my first experience with Green on Scottsdale Rd and McKellips and it was wonderful!! It's one of those places that is almost too good to be true. Anyone know of any other strictly vegan restaurants in the Phoenix/Metro area?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegetarian House

Mandala Tearoom
#3 Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I wanna go to green if I ever have to go up to phoenix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Beginner

I'm actually going down to phoenix this weekend and was planning on going to Green. What did you get there and did you try the vegan soft serve?
#5 Old 01-26-2009, 06:12 PM

I haven't got to go there myself, but a lot of people who practice Shaolin in the area say really good things about it. I'd say that there is someone going there after class at least once every two weeks.
#6 Old 01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I found Green online a couple of weeks ago doing a search but then totally forgot all about it! Thanks for the reminder, may have to make a stop by there this weekend...
#7 Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtyr View Post

Vegetarian House

Mandala Tearoom

I've been to Green and to Mandala Tearoom..but never to Vegetarian House..Yippee! another place to try!

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#8 Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 PM

Green is AMAZING. They have the most delicious fries. and their mock meat and rice dishes are all amazing...not to mention the soft serve. My boyfriend (omni) loves loves loves the bbq chicken sandwich. Try it! Also, veggie house (Supreme Master Ching Hai Vegetarian House to be exact) is pretty yummy too...but the customer service is not that great. Usually you will have to wait a looonnnggg time to take your order and a looonngg time to even get your food. So I don't suggest going when you are short on time! Just down the street from Green is a place called Udupi cafe. They have delicious indian food and even a buffet consisting of about 95% vegan items. In the Chandler/Tempe area there is a place similar to Udupi called Woodlands (it's on ray and rural) and their indian food is yummy and VERY spicy. Another great one in Phx is Persian Garden Cafe! They have the most amazing vegan chocolate cheesecake you will ever find. There are lots of great restaurants in the area.
#9 Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I was just in Scottsdale this past weekend but was on a business trip and so didn't have time to go to any of the restaraunts I wanted to. Next year, hopefully, I get to go to Green. I've heard wonderful things about it.
#10 Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

We had lunch at Green today for the first time. It was yummy but I am so full. My husband (omni) was fascinated by the mock beef in his noodle bowl...

I was telling the people behind the counter it was our 1st time there and they asked how I found out about them and said originally a Google search but was then reminded about it on veggieboards...
#11 Old 05-31-2009, 10:15 AM

I love Green. It is close to my work, so I'm lucky enough to get to go their often. Their wingz are really good, even omni approved. The po' boys rock too. We recently had a PPK (post punk kitchen) meet up there. I always love pictures of stuff, so here is the link to our outing.

The soynamis are out of this world too. This is the only place I know of in Phoenix that offers Teese (vegan cheese from company in Chicago). If you haven't tried teese yet, it is excellent and melts pretty darn well.
#12 Old 08-27-2009, 05:54 AM

I just ate there today... had my fave "no harm parm". I do not live that far from Green, so I eat there when I can afford it.
#13 Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM

I'll have to try Green next week. Bella, I LOVE Udupi!
#14 Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Jerk Tofu Salad is my new favorite item at Green...
#15 Old 01-26-2016, 09:20 AM

Green is more of an 'unhealthy' vegan restaurant even though I agree that the food is amazing. A place I'd suggest going to is Vegan House which is in downtown Phoenix. The Jungle Noodles with soy chicken is amazing. Also make sure that you try out the fried bananas with coconut ice cream, you definitely won't regret it.
#16 Old 01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Witch of the South

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki Laufeyson
Dammit, I miss Arizona. :<<<<<

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page