Arizona - Page 5 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#121 Old 03-26-2005, 12:16 AM

so i totally forgot to post the question i wanted to ask... hehe... i was watching food network, and there was a segment on vegan foods and resturants and they mentioned one in tempe somewhere... but i cant for the life of me remember what they said the name was, and i cant find it on food network... i was wondering if there was someone out there that might be addicted to food network too, and maybe caught that episode... or maybe if anyone knows of a new place like that in the tempe area.. or scottsdale/cavecreek area... that would be awsome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 03-29-2005, 09:05 PM

Vegan chinese food? Veggie Fun? That's the only vegan restaurant in Tempe, I believe. And I love it!!

And there's also Udupi Cafe- All vegetarian South Indian food. They have a fabulous buffet!
#123 Old 03-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

Vegan chinese food? Veggie Fun? That's the only vegan restaurant in Tempe, I believe. And I love it!!

And there's also Udupi Cafe- All vegetarian South Indian food. They have a fabulous buffet!

Jeez, these must be new since I lived there (1997-2000). I would have loved those!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#124 Old 04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Beginner

I'm hoping to move to the Phoenix area this spring or summer but need a job first! Can anybody help me? If you know of any job openings or just companies that I could try, I would really appreciate it!

What I do now is kind of transcription and editing. My skills are grammar/spelling, typing, general office. I have BAs in English and History, and I speak conversational German, although I'm thinking that's not going to be extremely useful. Not very impressive skills, but the job I have now isn't very common and doesn't translate too well to other jobs. So I'm looking for something in proofreading, typing, clerical, general office. I'm organized too and very bright.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, guys, and hope to see you all in AZ soon.
#125 Old 04-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Beginner

Hi MnVeggie

The only place I can think of that seems like it'd fit for you is Chase bank in Tempe. They've been hiring for a while now.

Don't know of anything else sorry, but I'm sure you'll find something
#126 Old 04-06-2005, 06:22 PM

Yeah, Chase bank and Etellecare Global Solutions are hiring like CRAZY. They're even opening a new center here (etellecare). And my center needs tons of people. My friend Greg also works at Chase, so I can get details from him, if you want.
#127 Old 04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Veggie Regular

pokes fafa....*wonder if they will be hiring at the end of may*
#128 Old 04-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Beginner

Thanks, guys!! I'll check out those places.
#129 Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 PM

FafaFrappy-Does Etellecare have a website? What our the job openings? Where are they located?...Sorry for all the questions-but, I need a new job!
#130 Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Anyone in Prescott?
#131 Old 08-21-2005, 01:50 PM

I'm now in Prescott, previously in Yuma, Safford and Tempe.....
#132 Old 09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Another vegan AZer here. This thread seems a little slow, lets get a current list of people here, then maybe we could plan a pot luck at a park to meet n greet! The weather is starting to cool off, and will be beautiful till next may or so. Lets get together!

Sean
#133 Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 PM

True, I can't really tell who's around from AZ anymore.

I'm up in Flagstaff, but I'd love to do a get together if I can find transport (mainly if Greyhounds don't cost much that day).
#134 Old 09-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I enjoyed the one afternoon I spent in Flagstaff. Macy's coffee house was exactly the type of place I'd love to spend my days working away from home.
#135 Old 09-07-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

I enjoyed the one afternoon I spent in Flagstaff. Macy's coffee house was exactly the type of place I'd love to spend my days working away from home.

Holy crap! I love Macy's! I've considered attempting to get a job there sometime.

The guy that owns the place is pretty cool. He shops at the health food store where my friend works.

Small world
#136 Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Tucson. There's a Vegetarian Resource Group (VRGT) here and a vegan meetup group. If anyone's interested I could give you the contact info. I've been going pretty regularly to the vegan gatherings.
#137 Old 09-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Apache Junction, but I spend most my time in Mesa.
#138 Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 PM

I just thought I'd cross post this here: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=42977

If most of the people here resolved to get just 100 signatures it would make a huge difference!
#139 Old 11-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Veggie Regular

anyone been to/familiar with southwest institute of healing arts in tempe? i'm moving to the phoenix area next year, just visited this school yesterday (am currently in michigan) and from everything i know it seems like what i'm looking for. any info greatly appreciated, however.
#140 Old 11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm from Tempe--I go to ASU.
#141 Old 02-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

a few things, if you don't mind.

what areas in and around phoenix are both reasonably priced and i guess (for lack of a better way to put it)....*safe* to live?

how's the local music scene?

any jobs for the alterna-looking girl such as myself? (piercings, etc) even better, work for companies that share &/or promote veg*nism beliefs?

i'll probably have more q's, any help greatly appreciated!
#142 Old 02-21-2006, 08:17 PM

Bethany, two alternate or scene type places you might want to look jor jobs at are Zia Records or Pita Jungle (a mostly veg restaurant--one of the few in the Phx area). Both have locations right around the ASU Tempe campus area and in Chandler; Zia may have more locations out in Phoenix too. Around the ASU Tempe campus area (Mill Avenue) there are tons of those places, but I'm sure most surrounding college areas are like that. I see that the Meadows apartments in Mesa on Gilbert and Southern have 2 Bedroom apartments available for $634 per month or 1 bedrooms for $544. The area is still decent. Take a look...

http://www.apartments.com/summary.as...0.19&srt3=0.14

Use Apartments.com to help your search, because I'm not sure if you want to literally live in Phoenix or not. Btw, the Meadows would be about 10 miles away from Mill if you're intent on working in an alternative company.

Also, where from Michigan? I've made two trips out there to visit my friend previously.
#143 Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwins View Post

Bethany, two alternate or scene type places you might want to look jor jobs at are Zia Records or Pita Jungle (a mostly veg restaurant--one of the few in the Phx area). Both have locations right around the ASU Tempe campus area and in Chandler; Zia may have more locations out in Phoenix too. Around the ASU Tempe campus area (Mill Avenue) there are tons of those places, but I'm sure most surrounding college areas are like that. I see that the Meadows apartments in Mesa on Gilbert and Southern have 2 Bedroom apartments available for $634 per month or 1 bedrooms for $544. The area is still decent. Take a look...

http://www.apartments.com/summary.as...0.19&srt3=0.14

Use Apartments.com to help your search, because I'm not sure if you want to literally live in Phoenix or not. Btw, the Meadows would be about 10 miles away from Mill if you're intent on working in an alternative company.

Also, where from Michigan? I've made two trips out there to visit my friend previously.

maybe i should've specified. i do need a job that's going to pay more than i am assuming these jobs would, although they're probably great fun and i *wish* i could work jobs such as those you mentioned. *unless* i was hired in as a "higher up"? i mean, i am fine with office jobs (i am currently an admin asst) but just want someplace casual is all.

thanks for the apartment info, i will definitely be looking into my options veeerrrryyy soon.

right now i live in the detroit area (oakland county) but grew up in northern (lower) michigan. off topic, but i lived in cali for a few years and loved it there! if i didn't grow up in michigan i wouldn't be here now...it's just home for me, i always find my way back here for some strange reason.
#144 Old 02-28-2006, 06:17 AM

bethany, i am relocating to the phoenix area as well aounr march 23rd and am currently residing in oakland county! YUK! such a deep-freezer!

i cannot wait to get there, though i am seeking practically the same situations you are.

what do you all think of chandler? vegan/veggie friendly? kid-friendly?
#145 Old 02-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastemaker View Post

bethany, i am relocating to the phoenix area as well aounr march 23rd and am currently residing in oakland county! YUK! such a deep-freezer!

i cannot wait to get there, though i am seeking practically the same situations you are.

what do you all think of chandler? vegan/veggie friendly? kid-friendly?

what a coincidence. may i ask what takes you out there? are you a longtime MI resident?
#146 Old 03-22-2006, 01:40 PM

hey guys, i'm a newbie here.

i'm from the east side of tucson, and i am really looking for some tips on where to eat around here. i know of a place called sweet tomatoes, but for personal reasons i will not eat there :O)

any suggestions?
#147 Old 03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post

hey guys, i'm a newbie here.

i'm from the east side of tucson, and i am really looking for some tips on where to eat around here. i know of a place called sweet tomatoes, but for personal reasons i will not eat there :O)

any suggestions?

There are plenty of Indian, Middle Eastern and other ethnic restaurant all around Tucson which are pretty veggie-friendly. I don't know specifically about the East side, but in central Tucson there's a vegan restaurant called Lovin' Spoonfuls and a vegetarian restaurant called Govinda's. There's also an Ethiopian restaurant called Zemam's which is very veggie-friendly. Guilin is a Chinese restaurant with a full vegetarian menu and Yoshimatsu is a Japanese place with a full separate vegetarian menu which even has vegan dishes marked with a V. There are a few veggie-friendly restaurants on 4th Ave. near the university as well. After living in northern New Mexico for a few years Tucson is like a vegan paradise for me!

This website should be a big help: http://www.vrgt.org/
#148 Old 03-28-2006, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

There are plenty of Indian, Middle Eastern and other ethnic restaurant all around Tucson which are pretty veggie-friendly. I don't know specifically about the East side, but in central Tucson there's a vegan restaurant called Lovin' Spoonfuls and a vegetarian restaurant called Govinda's. There's also an Ethiopian restaurant called Zemam's which is very veggie-friendly. Guilin is a Chinese restaurant with a full vegetarian menu and Yoshimatsu is a Japanese place with a full separate vegetarian menu which even has vegan dishes marked with a V. There are a few veggie-friendly restaurants on 4th Ave. near the university as well. After living in northern New Mexico for a few years Tucson is like a vegan paradise for me!

This website should be a big help vrgt.org

Thanks a lot for the post , which one of these places has become your favorite?
#149 Old 04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Just wanted to let you know that Gentle Strength Co-op is moving to Mill Ave and Southern. It's now located at that Valley Fair shopping center. For those of you who have never been to the Co-op they not only sell tons of veg*n friendly food, but have a cafe with vegetarian and vegan food. Here's their website http://www.gentlestrength.com
#150 Old 05-13-2006, 01:48 AM

thanks, i'll have to check it out some time. even though i am broke as a joke.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page