Arizona - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 05-21-2004, 08:24 PM

Music would be a fun major, do you play any instruments? I play a little bass guitar, but I'm still pretty bad at it It's really fun to play though. Mostly just play Bob Marley or Dave Matthews Band stuff.

Community college kicks ass Some of the best teachers I've had were at the community college I went to.

The nights have been awesome lately, hope they stay like this most of the time. It works out good cuz I'm a bit of an insomniac lol. Always been a night owl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-21-2004, 08:39 PM

Actually, I sing, and I play the violin. I am going to specialize in voice.

Dave Matthews

Eh, we'll be lucky if the nights stay like this. They're GORGEOUS right now, and it will be nice for my graduation.

I am a night owl, too! Especially in the summer.
#33 Old 05-21-2004, 11:08 PM

That's really cool I'm the worst singer in the world

Dave rocks, they got a concert here in August I'm gonna try to go to. I think it's on the 24th. Hopefully it's not sold out yet, but last time I checked it wasn't. The good seats are probably all taken though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 PM

Haha. I'm sure you're not that bad!

There are several concerts I want to go to! Well, okay, I have like 3 in mind.
#35 Old 05-22-2004, 03:24 AM

Nice I don't know of any other concerts going on this summer, I should check it out. The last one I went to was at the theater at ASU(can't remember the name of it). Was a band called Galactic. I'd never heard em before, but they were really really good. Surprisingly, it was one of the best concerts I've been to. Can't beat the David Gray concert I went to before that though

I suppose a bit of practice would help my singing skills(or lack of), but my roommates already think I'm crazy for being a vegetarian lol. I'd probably scare em with my singing. They'd think a wildebeast was loose in the house
#36 Old 05-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Any other Tucsonans here?
#37 Old 05-25-2004, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDever View Post

I suppose a bit of practice would help my singing skills(or lack of), but my roommates already think I'm crazy for being a vegetarian lol. I'd probably scare em with my singing. They'd think a wildebeast was loose in the house

Hell, even I could teach you to sing. And I wouldn't make you pay me. hehe.

EVeryone thinks I'm pretty crazy for being vegan. Oh well... maybe I am

Have you heard of The Format?

Bad Shoe is a local band that is really good, too!
#38 Old 08-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Does anyone live near Pima? I don't live in Arizona, but i'd like to know what it's like there because i'm probably going to be moving sometime. I heard that Arizona gets monsoons. Is the weather there bad at all and do they get anything like tornadoes? I just want to know because i'm terrified of tornadoes.
#39 Old 08-10-2004, 01:26 PM

Arizona never has, and never will get tornadoes. Just to assure you... Unless the world is ending or something. hehe.

We do get dust devils, which are kinda like tornadoes... They aren't powerful enough to suck anything other than dirt and random small debris, so no need to worry.

Yeah, there are monsoons. But they're not terrible, IMO. But that could be because I love storms. Just some dust storms, thunder, lightening, some rain... The monsoons aren't bad really.

Most days here are bright and sunny! I love it here, although I hardly ever go outside in the daytime. ;P

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help
#40 Old 08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey--I'm moving to Phoenix on August 30th!!! We just bought a house in Peoria by the Terramar Elementary school. Anyone live near there? Seemed a bit hot when I was visiting last week...I was almost crawling...

What about Extreme Pita? Is that vegan?
#41 Old 08-10-2004, 03:47 PM

Yeah.. it's ridiculously hot. But the rest of the year is soo nice!

And as far as Extreme Pita... Never heard of it...

try: http://www.azvegan.com
#42 Old 08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

Yeah.. it's ridiculously hot. But the rest of the year is soo nice!

And as far as Extreme Pita... Never heard of it...

try: http://www.azvegan.com

Extreme Pita is by a huge movie theater....I cannot remember what else. It's in Scottsdale. You can chose a ww or white pita and get it filled with anything. They'll fry up veggies and have one half of the grill for no meat--they use different spatulas so nothing mixes. It's really good---I don't think the pitas have any dairy!
#43 Old 08-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusswoman View Post

Hey--I'm moving to Phoenix on August 30th!!! We just bought a house in Peoria by the Terramar Elementary school. Anyone live near there? Seemed a bit hot when I was visiting last week...I was almost crawling...

What about Extreme Pita? Is that vegan?

I live directly south of where you are moving about 18 miles on the loop. I just moved here too. It is hot, but not anything that I can't handle. Living here means a much calmer winter than what I am used to! I adore Phoenix now that I have gotten out and around and found where things are... Haven't been to Scottsdale so I haven't seen that pita place either.
#44 Old 08-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystmDwnGrl2 View Post

I live directly south of where you are moving about 18 miles on the loop. I just moved here too. It is hot, but not anything that I can't handle. Living here means a much calmer winter than what I am used to! I adore Phoenix now that I have gotten out and around and found where things are... Haven't been to Scottsdale so I haven't seen that pita place either.

That's right...I remember. I'm jealous of the position you're in right now. I'm still trying to close on this house, the new one in Phoenix and arrange the movers and everything else. WAHHH!!!

Glad you like it so much...there are so many of us close to each other. We should all plan to meet sometime...but not until I get there!
#45 Old 08-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Hey, people are talking in the AZ thread

I love the monsoons we get, LOVE THEM. I didn't know that monsoons weren't everywhere. That'll make life more complicated when I move.

I live in Flagstaff, by the way. Up here all alone... At least the weather up here rocks right now
#46 Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 PM

I should check out that pita place.. Sounds great!!

Oooh.. A meet-up would rock! Not sure when I could do it.. um... I'm free Sept 9th-17th. We could plan a day um.. somewhere. heh. Maybe have other VBers join if they can make it down.
#47 Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 PM

Oh, and I adore our monsoons! I love storms in general!
#48 Old 08-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you realize that in the year I've lived in Southern Cali, it's only drizzled once!! I haven't seen rain in over a year!! I cannot wait for the monsoon thingee. I love storms.

FAFA= I'll be around during that time...we should try to set something up with the vbers.
#49 Old 08-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

yes we should all meet up and eat falafel or something heh
#50 Old 08-14-2004, 01:01 AM

I actually don't like felafel much ( ) but I wouldn't mind going down on a day off, that's for sure. Although that whole phoenix-blob-city thing smells funny.
#51 Old 08-18-2004, 05:35 PM

The only falafel worthy place I've been to here is My Big Fat Greek Restaurant on Mill Ave. It's very yummy! And their hummus is to die for.

We'll.. um... Why don't we just have a potluck in a park or something?
#52 Old 08-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

If it is the weekend of the 19th we could make it a birthday party for my daughter heh...
#53 Old 08-30-2004, 01:23 PM

Yeah.. *ahem* if I was in town. *cough*
#54 Old 09-03-2004, 07:56 AM

Wow, this is cool...

I live in Surprise, just built a house up there last august. I'm a graduate student here getting my Psy.D. in clinical psych and have lived in az for about 3 years now. Very cool place.
#55 Old 09-03-2004, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Where's Surprise? (Love the name.) I've lived in Tucson a little over a year now.
#56 Old 09-03-2004, 02:19 PM

It's in the far northwest valley near phoenix. Very nice little place, they are building it up quite well.
#57 Old 09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I go past suprise all the time..
#58 Old 09-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm living in AZ finally!! The move is over and I finally have internet...this place is so beautiful. There's a mountain range at the end of my street. Though it is really hot and I'm tired of unpacking!
#59 Old 09-07-2004, 09:50 PM

Grr... My $290 package of jewelry that i payed $14 shipping for got mis-sent to Surprise. I thought that was pretty funny, in a way. SURPRISE! Your order's gonna be late! Thanks...

By the way, welcome to AZ
#60 Old 09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello-

Where does everyone shop for their vegan foods. There isn't a Lassens here and the whole foods is 40 minutes from my house. I couldn't find anything in the yellow pages. I live in Peoria off 67th and Happy Valley. Help!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page