Vegetarian and Vegan Options - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 AM

We seem to be a pretty dead forum here in the Local area so I thought I'd share some of my favorite places in the city of Phoenix, maybe those Arizona lurkers can contribute some of their own?

I am a huge fan of Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers, they have a slew of vegetarian options and will make everything vegan that they possibly can. At my location the menu is about 80% vegetarian and all of them can happily be made vegan without any trouble. It's one of my favorite places to take mixed company because there's food for everyone and the atmosphere is always great. If you're into beer their brews are delicious!

The main Phoenix Public Market is fantastic, with a ton of vegan stands. Their fresh vegetable prices are great and you cannot miss the pickled asparagus. Also, Smart Cookie, their vegan walnut cranberry cookies are to die for and come in delicious bite sized portions. They even have food-cart nights with a really amazing selection of vegetarian and vegan restaurant offerings.

Squash Blossom has some amazing food, mostly vegetarian but very vegan friendly and is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix. Their entire business philosophy is just great and I've never had a problem getting a vegan version of their food.

So Arizona people, whether you're in Tucson, Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Sierra Vista or other...what are some of your favorite places to go out and about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not from Arizona, but I found this website is super, SUPER useful (especially if you travel a lot)!

http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/arizona/

It has reviews too!

I always wonder about people who say they "love" animals, but continue to eat meat. If that's your idea of love, I question what sort of twisted world view you must have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page