Alabama Central Alabama Volunteering opertunities? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Just as the title reads, I'm tired of sitting around preaching the importance of outreach while not doing much outreaching of my own! (Letter writing and what-not isn't enough for me anymore! and as long as i'm still a minor i'm not able to go out and protest, unfortunately.) I've already contacted a couple local shelters and am awaiting a response, but I can't find any that deal with horses or other such animals which is what i'm really interested in because I don't have enough land to rescue one where i'm currently living and I really miss being around them. it's very therapuetic for me and it's something i'm really good at.

any suggestions on where to look for volunteering opertunities? Please keep in mind that i'm not 18 yet. (i'll be 17 in June) -Thanks.

Oh, and if the moderators think this could be better answered in another area of the forum, Please do move it. I really didn't know where to post this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 PM

I am going to send you a message.
#3 Old 10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

hey animosity! I just started a vegan/vegetarian social networking site for the state of Alabama and would love for you to join! I'm hoping the network will grow so we can arrange meetups and figure out ways to contribute locally. the website is AlabamaVeg.ning.com

hope to see you there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyinfncolo View Post

hey animosity! I just started a vegan/vegetarian social networking site for the state of Alabama and would love for you to join! I'm hoping the network will grow so we can arrange meetups and figure out ways to contribute locally. the website is AlabamaVeg.ning.com

hope to see you there

Awesome! I just joined.

Regarding the OP: You could try your local humane society. I don't know how far you are from Montgomery, but the Montgomery Humane Society is a very well run one that gets volunteers from about a 1 1/2 hour radius. (They have a lot of funding and put down a lower percentage of animals than most shelters.)

With dogs, you can also do a google search for breed specific rescue groups. There are usually ways to help beyond just fostering. I don't know about horses though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page