Alabama Welcome! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I guess I will start the first thread. I think I am gonna like the way Michael has set this up. We can have all kinds of topics! What does everyone else think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the idea. It keeps things a lot more organized and easy to access, Plus because of the seperate threads it makes posted events and other important articals easily noticed.
#3 Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I love it.=) Except, we're going to have to find things to make topics about. xD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Errr..... Ummmm... OH! I know! We need a MeetUp kinda thing!!! Erm. Not that I'm at all excited to find out that there are other veggies in Alabama. Nope, not me. /end acting stupid.

Rebbecca
#5 Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

yeah, we do need a meet-up. i keep reading posts about other people doing that. im guesing the alabama meet-up would be pretty small.

IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO THE TALLADEGA RACE IN APRIL???
#6 Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

... Not so much. I don't like racing so much.
#7 Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Veggie Regular

notyet, im sorry to hear that. i love it. it's so much fun.
#8 Old 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

IS ANYONE ELSE GOING TO THE TALLADEGA RACE IN APRIL???

My famliy is going... I really don't see the fun in watching a bunch of people driving around in circles.

I'm pretty sure they'll make me go, Though. That way they can say they "include me" without actually having to do something I enjoy.
#9 Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

My famliy is going... I really don't see the fun in watching a bunch of people driving around in circles.

I'm pretty sure they'll make me go, Though. That way they can say they "include me" without actually having to do something I enjoy.

i love it! it's not vegan/vegetarian friendly, but i love it.
#10 Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leminchyl View Post

notyet, im sorry to hear that. i love it. it's so much fun.

Yeah...Nothing like watching cars run around in circles. o.0
#11 Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I am NASCAR crazy but I wont be able to go to the race. I watched the Bud shoot Out Saturday night. I loved it. My driver is Tony Stewart but I love Dale Jr. also.
#12 Old 02-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I know a bunch of people that are going to that, though personaly I'm not into racing whatsoever.
#13 Old 02-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

My best friend loves racing and she really likes this driver named like Jimmie Johnson or something. When we went to Tennessee(sp) together, she pulled me all over Gatlenburg to find this NASCAR store so she could get some merch of his.
#14 Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

what the heck, alabama people? i go away for a few months and i expect to come back to see a thriving alabama page, but it's almost like it's died! where is everyone?
#15 Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leminchyl View Post

where is everyone?

They were never here to begin with...

So few here, It's a shame.

I've been trying to keep the AL forum alive, but alas, It continues to remain in a coma. Oh, Alabamian veg*ns, Where art thou
#16 Old 11-15-2008, 02:14 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think there are that many vegetarians in Alabama....I think I may be the only one in Anniston. I signed up for this board back in July, but this is my first post. I will try to do better! I wish I knew other vegetarians -I think we all have this deep bond in the way we view the world. Take care everybody and Roll Tide!
#17 Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM

The only vegans that I have ever known is my family; myself, my husband, and my two young daughters. Although when the girls stay with my parents or my hubby's mom they eat meat even after we told them our pediatrician said they were healthy when they were vegan. My oldest goes to a rural puplic school (cringe, I know) where she came home with a Thanksgiving song about killing and eating a turkey. I started to get upset, but I know that she doesn't know she just does what her (in this case music teacher) taught her. I wish there was something I can do to make the school a little more vegan, but being so called the "cattle county" of Alabama, I think that would be a snowballs chance in...Alabama. Talk to you guys soon,

Darcy
#18 Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 AM

Good to hear from Cullman. Been through there once or twice.

I'm going back to an earlier subject on this thread...although I'm not really into NASCAR, Greg Biffle is a driver who we could all get behind. Here is his

http://www.gregbifflefoundation.com
#19 Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 PM

We sure are a sorry state for veg*ns, haha!

How is everyone doing? In the last three years, perhaps we have gathered some more veg*ns. I just moved to Tuscaloosa. I thought Kansas City wasn't overly veg-friendly but Alabama is way worse!

"Don't you know we are the roots that hold this tree, feeding the branches and all of it's leaves."

#20 Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 AM

I'm in Birmingham. We really should have a meet sometime! Or you know - on Sundays, Food Not Bombs feeds the homeless, and it has to be vegan (or maybe just vegetarian? I always do vegan) so they don't have to worry about stuff spoiling and dealing with stuff like that. I try to go there when I have time and money to actually make stuff to take.
#21 Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 AM

Well this is good thing, having like you peoples around here.,
i like this forum and im enjoying to read and participating in the discussions topics.
smiley.gif

Market Research

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
http://www.bharatbook.com/countryReports.asp
#22 Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Hi Alabamians! Not sure if anyone is still looking here but I've been vegan for almost 5 months and I am in Mobile, AL. I am the organizer for the Mobile, AL vegan meetup group. If you're ever in the area I'd love to connect! http://www.meetup.com/Mobile-Vegan-Meetup/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in