Alabama - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#151 Old 01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Wilsonville. It's a small town about 30 miles from Birmingham.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 01-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

You arent far from where I work! I work in Westover at Hwy 5 Auto Sales. On 280.
#153 Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Heh, we don't even have vending machines.=P We do, however, have a pathetic, wimpy excuse for a salad bar. I bring two slices of bread to lunch and make a sandwich with some onions, lettuce, mustard/mayo, and sometimes others veggies, with they have them that day. I can sometimes get a bag of chips, and the veggies that go with the meat can go with the salad and you don't have to pay extra.

at least you dont have vending machines. thats a start for public schools. too bad they dont have food that you actually want to eat everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I live in Graysville.=) It's a small town a few miles from Gardendale. Which is a few more miles from Birmingham. I don't know exacts, though, unless you count how long it takes to get there.=P
#155 Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leminchyl View Post

at least you dont have vending machines. thats a start for public schools. too bad they dont have food that you actually want to eat everyday.

Hey, I like Vending Machines. You'd like them too after weeks of Veggie Sandwiches. *Eyetwitch*
#156 Old 01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hey, I like Vending Machines. You'd like them too after weeks of Veggie Sandwiches. *Eyetwitch*

I dislike them for the simple fact that you can't read the ingredients until AFTER you buy it... Besides vegetables are good for you, I'd much rather have the veggie sandwich.
#157 Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I live in Graysville.=) It's a small town a few miles from Gardendale. Which is a few more miles from Birmingham. I don't know exacts, though, unless you count how long it takes to get there.=P

Yeah, That's like 50 miles from here. I looked it up.

...That isn't awkward, I hope.
#158 Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah, That's like 50 miles from here. I looked it up.

...That isn't awkward, I hope.

Nah, it's fine. As long as I don't find you ouside my window with binoculars.=)

And I agree with the ingrediants thing. I tried to buy chips the other day only to find out they had pig fat in them....Urg.
#159 Old 01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Nah, it's fine. As long as I don't find you ouside my window with binoculars.=)

...I've never done that before...
#160 Old 01-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Seriously? Graysville? I thought my aunt and uncle were the only ones in that tiny town! And a male vegan to top it off. I'm floored. LOL I go to Wi$e Buy$ over there all the time.

R

P.S. If you see me with binoculars it's just 'cuz I'm looking at birds, I promise.
#161 Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYet View Post

Seriously? Graysville? I thought my aunt and uncle were the only ones in that tiny town! And a male vegan to top it off. I'm floored. LOL I go to Wi$e Buy$ over there all the time.

R

P.S. If you see me with binoculars it's just 'cuz I'm looking at birds, I promise.

Vegetarian, not Vegan, I'm afraid. Still male, though, if that's anything.

Wisebuys, I go there a lot. Well, not a lot, since there doesn't seem to be price tags on half the foods, and I'm kinda afraid to buy something that looks like it rode there under the driver's seat...

Might'n I ask who your Aunt and Uncle are?
#162 Old 01-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I haven't eaten at Golden Temple yet but I want to! It's a health food store in 5 Points in downtown Birmingham, there is a whole/natural food/vegetarian/vegan cafe attached.

I've been there, Last year I belive it was. It was a nice place, For the life of me I can't remember exactly what they had for sale though... I guess i'll just have to go back and see.
#163 Old 01-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm just posting because we need to get the alabama page back to the top of the US threads. : )
#164 Old 01-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Where is Wisebuys?
#165 Old 01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wisebuys, I go there a lot. Well, not a lot, since there doesn't seem to be price tags on half the foods, and I'm kinda afraid to buy something that looks like it rode there under the driver's seat...

Ha, Yeah. We had a store like that back in Mississippi. Well, before it closed. I always enjoyed looking at all of the odd brands i'd never heard of, Lables that looked like they were from the 50's, The dim lights, The grungy feel. Ah, That was the place to be.
#166 Old 02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

we're falling to the bottom of the list again... alabama people unite!
#167 Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Well then, To get a conversation sparked, Did anyone get any of that lame excuse for snow a couple weeks ago?
#168 Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well then, To get a conversation sparked, Did anyone get any of that lame excuse for snow a couple weeks ago?

we had some and it looked really pretty. then i took a nap from 2-3pm and when i woke up, it was all gone. then there is my mother who is back home in illinois and she is supposed to see snow twice this week-- it's 72 here!
#169 Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Veggie Regular

did everyone make it through the storms last night and this morning??
#170 Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I live in Woodstock and we did fine. However, I heard there are 3 dead so far in Alabama. Several injuries. I hate to hear that.
#171 Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I got woke up about five with the rain pounding on my roof. I THINK the power flickered, but I was really half asleep, and sick, so I didn't noticed. Ten minutes later the rain stopped all of the sudden. So it didn't really do much here.
#172 Old 02-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I'm still alive. Thankfully we didn't get any horribly severe weather. I was watching over my great grandmother while everyone was gone. It would have been more than impossible to get an 89 year old women, 6 small dogs, 3 cats and a 90 lb dog who is absolutely terrified of indoors into a safe place in time all by myself.
#173 Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Did you hear about that baby they found in the mud? Thought it was a baby doll and it was an 11 month old. He had been blown like 100 feet from the home and up to about 300 feet in the air. Unfortunately, the mother of the child died in the storm. But that is incredible that the baby was still alive. Miracles do happen.
#174 Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnbug View Post

Did you hear about that baby they found in the mud? Thought it was a baby doll and it was an 11 month old. He had been blown like 100 feet from the home and up to about 300 feet in the air. Unfortunately, the mother of the child died in the storm. But that is incredible that the baby was still alive. Miracles do happen.

i did hear about that. it's sad that the mother died. that baby will have a helluva story to tell his grandkids!
#175 Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page