vegetarian/vegan alabamaians - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 AM

hello im new to this site but and im a gradually transitioning vegetarian from Birmingham Alabama. hoping to find more people who are vegetarian or vegan to chat with that's in Birmingham Alabama  but you don't have to be from Alabama in order for me to talk with you just hoping to chat with people from Birmingham al.  and converse. glad im I found this site hoping for more information to help me on my journey to fully become vegetarian one day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Zelda Freak

I'm not in Alabama (Oregon) but welcome! Glad you're making the transition to veg :) 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#3 Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 AM

Thanks jennifer c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I visited Birmingham in 2009 and let's just say I ate at a bunch of very un-veggie places (Jim 'N' Nicks or Dreamland ring a bell?) So I understand that the transition isn't easy since Alabama is not veggie-friendly at all. But you'll find a lot of great support here. ^_^

Have you considered associating with a vegetarian/vegan group? Birmingham (and the surrounding area) doesn't have many veggie groups. I conducted a search and this is what I could find:

http://www.meetup.com/Birmingham-Vegans/       You'd be able to meet people who have made the switch to meat-free and maybe they have connections to groups that I can't find via internet search.

From what I can find,  Birmingham does have a nice list of veg and veg-friendly restaurants: http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/alabama/birmingham/

I'd suggest speaking with the managers of some of these restaurants (like Golden Temple for example) because they may have some connections to the vegetarian community you may not know about.

Good luck! If you need any assistance, please feel free to let me know! 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#5 Old 09-12-2013, 12:05 PM

that's aristede will do :nana:

#6 Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegangirl9 View Post

that's aristede will do :nana:

I'm glad I could be of some assistance! 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page