Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 11-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Misq, you must go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 11-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

She's right....there's not much good about NJ, but Veggie Works helps make up for that .
#63 Old 12-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Yet another Veggie Works update: Someone who works there bought the place from the current owner. They are staying in the same location in Belmar. They will be closing on Dec. 15 for a couple of weeks or so for renovations, and will reopen with the new name "Kaya's Kitchen". The menu will be smaller, but similar type of food I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the update VKK! Although I was kind of hoping they would move to Red Bank...it's closer to my school. I like Kaya's Kitchen...very Bob Marley.
#65 Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 PM

I live a few minutes from Red bank, Ill have to check veggie works out. New Jerzeeeeeee representtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
#66 Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Fordy, Down to Earth is in Red Bank, not Veggie Works.
#67 Old 01-10-2005, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

Fordy, Down to Earth is in Red Bank, not Veggie Works.

thanks. I failed reading comprehension as you can see
#68 Old 01-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Me too! But, totally visit Down to Earth! It's awesome! Best vegan cookies *anywhere*.
#69 Old 01-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I went to Veggie Heaven today! I got the almond "chicken" w/ brown rice and veggies. OMG! It was soooo good! I got the tofu cheesecake...again, OMG OMG OMG OMG, I thought I died and literally went to heaven!!!!!!! SO good. I had a *sip* of this nasty onion drink...gross. They took it off the bill though.
#70 Old 01-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never been to any of these places
#71 Old 01-19-2005, 11:47 PM

The building that The Golden Teapot Restaurant was in was condemned and they are closed. Has anyone heard of them re-opening in a new location?

Not only was the food wonderful, but the owner was an incredibly nice guy.
#72 Old 02-04-2005, 06:59 PM

hmm, not very much jersey love here. :P

i'm from Hawthorne, formerly Bloomfield. go to school in Cranford. never wanna leave here. the end.

<3. katalina.
#73 Old 02-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

The mini mall had a fire. It will probably reopen but not any time soon. Other bad news, Singapore vegetarian in Cherry Hill is no more as of last month. Its now just a standard Chinese place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The building that The Golden Teapot Restaurant was in was condemned and they are closed. Has anyone heard of them re-opening in a new location?

#74 Old 02-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

On a more positive note, they re-opened Veggie Works with the name Kaya's Kitchen. It was delish! I am sad they did away with a lot of stuff on their menu though, including the salad bar. But, it was awesome regardless!
#75 Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post

The mini mall had a fire. It will probably reopen but not any time soon. Other bad news, Singapore vegetarian in Cherry Hill is no more as of last month. Its now just a standard Chinese place.

Singapore was my absolute favorite (alright, aside from Gianna's in Philly). We wanted to order take out from there for Valentine's. When my b/f picked me up from work that day he looked like he was about to cry, then he gave me the bad news. But he said another place opened up 2 doors away from it. It's called Golden Duck and has a similar menu to Singapore, but much smaller and has non-veg options as well. Food tasted pretty much the same, but I miss being able to pick ANYTHING from the menu and not have to get it specially modified and then be paranoid that they got the order right I wonder if the Singapore in Philly is still there?
#76 Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

No thats the same place, same owner by the way. I dont know why they did the change, all they needed was some advertising to pick up more business. They were doing great with considering it was all word of mouth to begin with.

We looked at the menu they had posted and it only had a few vegetarian items so we didnt go in.

The one in Philadelphia is still there, im just not going out of my way for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

Singapore was my absolute favorite (alright, aside from Gianna's in Philly). We wanted to order take out from there for Valentine's. When my b/f picked me up from work that day he looked like he was about to cry, then he gave me the bad news. But he said another place opened up 2 doors away from it. It's called Golden Duck and has a similar menu to Singapore, but much smaller and has non-veg options as well. Food tasted pretty much the same, but I miss being able to pick ANYTHING from the menu and not have to get it specially modified and then be paranoid that they got the order right I wonder if the Singapore in Philly is still there?

#77 Old 02-22-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

On a more positive note, they re-opened Veggie Works with the name Kaya's Kitchen. It was delish! I am sad they did away with a lot of stuff on their menu though, including the salad bar. But, it was awesome regardless!

Countess, Has Veggie Works opened in Red Bank? I was trying to get them to advertise.
#78 Old 03-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yeah sucks it burned down, or the next door down burned down... he is a nice guy, dont know if theyll ever reopen, wasnt cheap food but always great.
#79 Old 03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Singapore Chinese Vegetarian

(215) 922-3288

1006 Race St

Philadelphia, PA Map

Theyre still open, and offer all their same vegetarian items, just yeah like frost, id rather not have to go into philly when not possible.
#80 Old 03-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsofjudah View Post

Countess, Has Veggie Works opened in Red Bank? I was trying to get them to advertise.

They are still in the same location in Belmar.
#81 Old 05-05-2005, 01:21 PM

There's also a place, Zafra's, in New Brunswick, which is cool since there's other things close by in terms of entertainment, State Theater, Old Bay (great little bar).
#82 Old 05-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

If anyone is in New Brunswick, there's this Indian place called Thinisu with vegetarian and vegan stuff marked on their menu. The prices are pretty decent, the food is good, and the people there are really nice.
#83 Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Beginner

For those of you from the north jersey area there is a new veggie restaurant opening in Upper Montclair. Its on valley road across the street from the Gap. It says its Veggie Heaven. I don't know if it is connected to either the veggie heavan in Parsippany or Teaneck, but I'm excited. I heard it will be open before the summer.
#84 Old 05-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Beginner

Is Zafra's that the place that is up the stairs, i think its over print shop, on one of the streets off of George street? If we are talking about the same place I def. enjoyed my meal there.
#85 Old 05-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Yep, that's Zafra's.
#86 Old 05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Guys, they are in the process of opening up a giant Whole Foods in Middletown! w00t!
#87 Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeies View Post

For those of you from the north jersey area there is a new veggie restaurant opening in Upper Montclair. Its on valley road across the street from the Gap. It says its Veggie Heaven. I don't know if it is connected to either the veggie heavan in Parsippany or Teaneck, but I'm excited. I heard it will be open before the summer.

They're open now. Me and my friend drove by there tonight just to make sure we knew where it was, and noticed it was opened. They opened last week. It's very nice inside, and even has an upstairs dining area.
#88 Old 05-25-2005, 08:27 AM

hey...i am going to be visiting nj...staying in the linden, nj area, anything vegetarian around this area? or surrounding areas besides nyc of course?
#89 Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes! There is an AWESOME vegan restaurant in Red Bank...I believe that is near Linden. It's called "Down to Earth" and is on where Broad Street and Front Street meet. Go to MapQuest to find out the directions from your destination.
#90 Old 06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegankittykat View Post

They're open now. Me and my friend drove by there tonight just to make sure we knew where it was, and noticed it was opened. They opened last week. It's very nice inside, and even has an upstairs dining area.

Yeah i had dinner there last week. I had the Mango Chik'n special. It was AWESOME!!!! I'm soooooo happy they are in montclair, now I don't have to drive a million miles for great veggie food!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page