VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Hampshire (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/68-new-hampshire/)
-   -   New Hampshire (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/68-new-hampshire/2573-new-hampshire.html)

Michael 05-11-2003 04:10 AM

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

GhostUser 05-12-2003 07:49 PM

hi!

Second_Chance 05-12-2003 08:28 PM

Members from NH (very few of us I think) can reunite here...

Are there any good restaurants in Southern NH (ie: Between Concord and Manchester?)

GhostUser 05-13-2003 05:20 PM

I've never eaten there but I've heard a lot of good stuff about the vietnam noodle house. in nashua, it's like on main street.

Tova 05-22-2003 09:55 AM

I am not sure about restaurants in Concord area. I know theres a Radical Vegan restaurant near Lee, but that's far East, near the coast.

I'm moving to Keene in a few weeks, they have a Country Life restaurant which is all vegan except for their use of honey. Yum! I have their cookbook, anyone eaten there?

Baby 05-23-2003 07:43 AM

I haven't eaten there yet, but I will next time I drive thru Keene on my way to Vermont. What street is it on?

Tova 05-23-2003 05:24 PM

Baby, Do you know where Roxbury St. is? CL is on that street but it's real easy to miss. It's by "Mom's Tattoo".

If you do get a chance to eat there, tell me how you like it! I've never actually went to the restaurant but I have the cookbook so I make all the recipies at home.

misslego 12-31-2003 06:14 PM

vietnam noodle house is alright but has zero ambiance. it's a good place to get take out. susty's in northwood is awesome and worth driving to the middle of nowhere (vegan pumpkin pie!). i've never been to the country life in keene, but the one in boston is great and i go there all the time (boston is much closer to me than keene.) keene also has a natural food store called blueberry fields that i've heard is terrific.

Marina 08-15-2004 05:59 AM

Rice and Roll in Nashua is good!

bstutzma 05-13-2005 02:09 PM

There is a vegan place called Susty's in NH. They sell gifts and also food. I've had some of their pre-packaged stuff they distribute to local health food stores (therefore marked up and pricey!!) Pretty decent stuff.

Is anyone else upset that the Portsmouth shipyard yet again is threatened by a closure? :-(

mayuko 05-13-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tova View Post

I'm moving to Keene in a few weeks, they have a Country Life restaurant which is all vegan except for their use of honey. Yum! I have their cookbook, anyone eaten there?

this post is ridiculously old, but if anyone was curious about this, i personally was rather disappointed with the country life restaurant in keene. there was like, nothing there.

VeggieVixen 10-26-2005 05:47 PM

NH folks... you still out there?

Dhatri Goddess 11-07-2005 09:44 AM

Hey all I'm new to VB I live In NH

Some of you have mentioned Susty's Radical Vegan restaurant in Northwood, I just went there for the first time saturday night with my husband and parents and we all LOVED it! I highly recommend going there, if you are able.

The tofu fries are AWESOME but not yet on the menu, so you have to ask for them! their better then any fastfood fries I've ever had

VeggieVixen 11-07-2005 06:03 PM

Susty's used to deliver food to New Hampshire's health food and natural food stores to be sold there. Unfortunately when the gas prices went up, they stopped the delivery service... so sad too, I love their tofu focaccia but the actual restaurant is a small journey from where I live.

Dhatri Goddess 06-17-2006 11:22 PM

This state is starting to seem rather lonely... we need more veg*ns to re-locate here!

bigdufstuff 06-18-2006 03:34 AM

My parents live in NH so I am here for the weekend for fathers day. Ahh, I miss this beautiful state!

dictatortot 02-20-2007 05:39 PM

we are a vegan couple looking to make veg*n friends in southern nh/ northeast ma. we are very nice, like to have fun and don't smell! we like to go to susty's, life alive, and are into hiking. anyone out there?

tobo 02-24-2007 03:17 PM

hi does any one or there kids go to a camp where they reconize the symbol CT if so please respond

Heidi9771 06-17-2007 08:25 AM

Bumping up the N.H. thread....my husband and I are in Amherst, N.H. :-)

X_x_veg 11-03-2007 07:56 PM

hmmm...it's a little quiet in here.

I've lived in ManchVegas my whole life. I'm planning to go to Susty's for the first time on Nov, 24th. Also, in North Conway, Flatbread has a great vegan pizza, I think there's also another Flatbread in Portsmouth, too. My dream is to own an all-vegan restaurant, but it's hard to get an apprenticeship with a vegan restaurant when the closest one is almost an hour away.

bigdufstuff 12-19-2007 06:41 AM

My family lives in NH and I am heading there today to visit family through the new year. As I am there I would like to find a nice restaurant to take my family out to. I've looked at happy cow but it hasn't been to helpful. So I was hoping to find some advice here.

I will be in Plaistow, Atkinson, Salem, Hampstead area. I don't mind driving a bit to find a good restaurant but I want something that I can buy vegan at!

Lilac1234 03-14-2008 08:12 PM

Hi here is a website that has some great restaurant reviews in restaurants around boston. There is one in Nashua NH called San Francisco Kitchen its excellent.

Here is the link www.bostonveggie.com

Michael 03-15-2008 07:50 AM

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!