Florida Restaurants - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a Moe's close to my house and was so excited when I saw they have Tofu!! I think its a chain so they are all over florida. And thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!

ÂNothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. - Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

i recently visited help yourself in key west. it was amazing
#63 Old 09-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE

I have a Moe's close to my house and was so excited when I saw they have Tofu!! I think its a chain so they are all over florida. And thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!

][/QUOTE]

*shudders* My Moes discontinued the tofu, and I dont blame them. Imagine raw tofu marinated in WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much cilantro and lime.

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never tried the tofu at Moe's, but I eat there all the time. In fact, I'm sitting at my desk at work with a Moe's burrito right now. I just don't see the need to add additional protein (tofu or meat) to a burrito that already has rice and beans. It's already got plenty of protein in it.

--Fromper
#65 Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Beginner

http://www.limefreshmexicangrill.com

I work at the Downtown dadeland location and a lot of it is vegan friendly. My favorite thing is the tijuana taco- sooo yummy. The bean burrito is good if you add pico, guac, onions and peppers, and anything else you'd like! Also the cinnamon chips are vegan as long as you tell them not to bring the side of whipped cream and they are sooooo good. Pretty much every single thing can be made vegan on the menu except tortilla soup, flautas, and the two other desserts besides key lime pie.

If you are ever in the downtown dadeland area come in and ask for Chelsee : )
#66 Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

My Moe's brought back the tofu, and it is MUCH better, but I dont like it in my burrito.

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#67 Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

End of the Line Cafe (all vegan) - Pensacola, FL

I'm sad I'm so far from you other Floridia people

I'm in Pensacola. End o the line has very yummy Sunday Brunches.
Sluggos is also a vegan restaurant here. Nachos are so good!

"My body will not be a tomb for other creatures."
 Leonardo da Vinci
#68 Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbug26 View Post

I'm in Pensacola. End o the line has very yummy Sunday Brunches.
Sluggos is also a vegan restaurant here. Nachos are so good!

I miss Sluggo's Their Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is to die for! I love their mashed potatoes and gravy too. That's the one thing I really miss about Florida.
#69 Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I miss Sluggo's Their Philly Cheesesteak sandwich is to die for! I love their mashed potatoes and gravy too. That's the one thing I really miss about Florida.

I'll have to try the Cheesesteak next. I keep getting the spicy chili bowl but need to venture out a little.

Leonardo da Vinci
#70 Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I'll have to try the Cheesesteak next. I keep getting the spicy chili bowl but need to venture out a little.

Some photos to temp you

Philly (first one has easy sauce):

Italian Sub:

Cheeky Wings:

The Berliner:

Pot Stickers:
#71 Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Oooohhhh!

Definitely for lunch one day next week!

Leonardo da Vinci
#72 Old 04-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

I miss Sluggo's Every time I see the photos, I miss it more. Too bad I didn't know you when I lived in Milton, it would have been cool to have a veggie friend nearby

Do you go to Everman's?
#73 Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

OMG Heather that food looks so awesome.... wish there was some good vegan places near me!! I do have Ruby Tuesday's which has the greatest salad bar ever!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#74 Old 04-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Well if you're ever passing through P-Cola, you gotta check it out. I'm surprised you don't have any good vegan places near you, aren't you by a major city?
#75 Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah Orlando has places but it is 30+ miles away in horrible congested traffic. I HATE Orlando....

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#76 Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

Yeah Orlando has places but it is 30+ miles away in horrible congested traffic. I HATE Orlando....

That sucks. When I lived in Milton, I had to drive about 25 minutes to Sluggo's, but it was worth it. The traffic wasn't as bad as Orlando or even So Cal though. There are some really awesome places in LA and Orange County, but LA is over an hour away and in little-no traffic, OC is 40 from my house.
#77 Old 04-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I miss Sluggo's Every time I see the photos, I miss it more. Too bad I didn't know you when I lived in Milton, it would have been cool to have a veggie friend nearby

Do you go to Everman's?

It would have been cool. I only have one other veggie friend and she doesn't live here anymore either.

I love Everman's! I have to be careful, I could spend waaaay too much $$ in there.

Leonardo da Vinci
#78 Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

OMG Heather that food looks so awesome.... wish there was some good vegan places near me!! I do have Ruby Tuesday's which has the greatest salad bar ever!

No, Sweet Tomatoes has the best salad bar ever, along with soups, baked goods, potatoes, and even desserts - all you can eat, and almost everything is vegetarian (though some things aren't vegan). They just opened a new location right down the street from me in South Florida, so I intend to become a regular there. I know there's one in Altamonte Springs, which is near Orlando, but I don't know how far that is from you. And there may be others in the Orlando area. Definitely worth checking out.

--Fromper
#79 Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Sweet Tomatoes is pretty good and if you check out the nutrition section on the website it tells you what is vegetarian and what is vegan. Just need to remember once you get there because they don't always have every item. http://www.souplantation.com/

I have one not too far from me here in AZ and noticed one in Naples when I was visiting hubby back in January. He's really worried I am going to hate him because he's uprooting me and there are not a lot of vegan options in Naples but I've been scouring the internet and have found some places that will work so won't hate him too much...

He seems to like Moe's so will have to try it out once I move.
#80 Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

It would have been cool. I only have one other veggie friend and she doesn't live here anymore either.

I love Everman's! I have to be careful, I could spend waaaay too much $$ in there.

Yeah, it's easy to rack up the bill at Everman's
#81 Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Sweet Tomatoes is pretty good and if you check out the nutrition section on the website it tells you what is vegetarian and what is vegan. Just need to remember once you get there because they don't always have every item. http://www.souplantation.com/

I have one not too far from me here in AZ and noticed one in Naples when I was visiting hubby back in January. He's really worried I am going to hate him because he's uprooting me and there are not a lot of vegan options in Naples but I've been scouring the internet and have found some places that will work so won't hate him too much...

He seems to like Moe's so will have to try it out once I move.

Moes is good. They seem to be all over the place around here.

--Fromper
#82 Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Moes is good. They seem to be all over the place around here.

--Fromper

i just went for the first time. i hope what i ate was vegan. i was already holding up the line so i asked an abridged version of my questions. anyway, it was good

i'm not sure if i've mentioned going to juice & java. in any case, they're pretty good and seem to have vegan-friendly options. definitively ask about ingredients specifically rather than if something is vegan
i went to some place in tampa a few weeks back that i found yummy. i'll have to find the name
#83 Old 04-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

The Ruby Tuesday's near me has a very small salad bar that I wouldn't say is very good. The best salad bar I have seen is at Jason's Deli. Their food is always so fresh and they keep the place ultra clean. I looked them up and they have locations in Florida. I would definitely recommend giving them a try.
#84 Old 04-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I have been wanting to go to the Sweet Tomatoes in Altamonte... my sister lives over there and it isn't as far as the vegan places in Orlando. That is a shame the Ruby Tuesday's near you, sleepydvdr, is not good. Both of the ones around here are outstanding. I have not heard of Jason's Deli but will see if there is one nearby.

#85 Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 PM

Gainesville is really among of the best places to visit in the world.I have really enjoyed my last trip there.Bento Cafe in Gainesville is a cool little Pan-Asian restaurant that is great for lunch or a quick, fun dinner before a movie, since it's right next to the movie theater on Newberry Road. They have bento boxes (segmented trays with different goodies in each compartment, like exotic and good versions of school lunch trays), sushi, and more, but they also have bubble tea in multiple flavors.
[link removed]
#86 Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone have some veg*n restaurant suggestions in the Ft. Lauderdale area? Hubby and I are driving over next month to pick up his sister who will be visiting from NC (she is visiting someone in the area then spending a few days with us in Naples) and he insists on taking me to a veg*n friendly restaurant (they are both omni's).

I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale so anything I should gawk at along the way?

Thanks!
#87 Old 09-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert-dweller View Post

Does anyone have some veg*n restaurant suggestions in the Ft. Lauderdale area? Hubby and I are driving over next month to pick up his sister who will be visiting from NC (she is visiting someone in the area then spending a few days with us in Naples) and he insists on taking me to a veg*n friendly restaurant (they are both omni's).

I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale so anything I should gawk at along the way?

Thanks!

I keep hearing how great Sublime (http://sublimerestaurant.com/) is, but I've never been. I'm just rarely down that way, since I live up in Palm Beach County.

I will say that I was in your neck of the woods last weekend, and I ate at Loving Hut in Naples, and it was amazing! I wish they had a location on this end of the state.

--Fromper
#88 Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I keep hearing how great Sublime (http://sublimerestaurant.com/) is, but I've never been. I'm just rarely down that way, since I live up in Palm Beach County.

I will say that I was in your neck of the woods last weekend, and I ate at Loving Hut in Naples, and it was amazing! I wish they had a location on this end of the state.

--Fromper

Isn't Loving Hut great?? They had 2 in the PHX area so very happy there is one in Naples. We went last Friday for supper (in the pouring rain). Will have to look at the Sublime menu, thanks for the suggestion!
#89 Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Miami now has a vegan food truck - Mac'n Food Truck! It's the first and currently ONLY vegan food truck in Miami and travel all over South Florida. Check them out at Mac'n Food Truck and stop by their facebook for the most current updates. I had a vegan corndog today from them (yum!!!)
#90 Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutaweirdo View Post

Miami now has a vegan food truck - Mac'n Food Truck! It's the first and currently ONLY vegan food truck in Miami and travel all over South Florida. Check them out at Mac'n Food Truck and stop by their facebook for the most current updates. I had a vegan corndog today from them (yum!!!)

Cool!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page