#31 Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 PM

LOL, I lived in Hialeah and moved to Davie and loved it.....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I've still never been to Sublime. One of these days, I need to get down there.

--Fromper

neither have i. ironically my omni friend told me about it a few years ago but we never made it there
#33 Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Beginner

Palm Beach County,

Considering the size not sure how much saying something like that helps, heh.

And I'll be off to college soon anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalonso77 View Post

LOL, I lived in Hialeah and moved to Davie and loved it.....lol

O_O

I used to live in Hialeah too. Now I live in Hollywood.
#35 Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Living in Hollywood.

Atame.
#36 Old 04-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Floridaisa, welcome. I'm in Miami Beach
#37 Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in Kendall =)
#38 Old 04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Beginner

I live in Miami and go to UM. I think I wrote this in a different thread but thought I would add it here for the locals. : )
#39 Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

FYI, the Palm Beach County Vegetarian Society is meeting tomorrow for Easter dinner in at an Asian restaurant in Boca. It's open to anyone - here's the link: http://www.meetup.com/PBC-VEG/calend...1p_grp&rv=nr1p

I'll probably be there. If anyone else decides to go, let me know.

--Fromper

#40 Old 04-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Beginner

hmm.. how innappropriate would it be for me to post my foster dog in case anyone on here is interested? If you don't want me to I won't I understand its not really the purpose of the thread. : )
#41 Old 04-13-2010, 08:05 PM

I will be relocating to Fort Myers, FL from Los Angeles, CA, in June. I've lived my whole life in a very veggie friendly area, so I'm a little worried about the move. Do you guys have any trouble finding veg ingredients and veg friendly restaurants?
#42 Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pumpkin View Post

I will be relocating to Fort Myers, FL from Los Angeles, CA, in June. I've lived my whole life in a very veggie friendly area, so I'm a little worried about the move. Do you guys have any trouble finding veg ingredients and veg friendly restaurants?

You're in the wrong thread, actually. When Floridians say "South Florida", we're mostly talking about the southeast corner of the state - usually the tri-county area of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties, which are the 3 southernmost counties along the east coast of the state. There's a separate thread for Southwest Florida here on VB, which would cover the Ft. Myers area.

Since I'm rarely on the west coast of the state, I don't know what to tell you. South and Central Florida both seem to be very veg-friendly, though. And Publix (Florida's biggest supermarket chain) seems to be fairly veg-friendly, but I'd assume they vary their selection by area, so I don't know if they'd be the same in Ft. Myers.

--Fromper

#43 Old 09-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I moved here about a year ago for school in the Ft. Lauderdale/Davie area. Awesome to see so many Floridians on here!

ÂNothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. - Oscar Wilde
#44 Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 PM

West Palm Beach [:
#45 Old 02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine View Post

West Palm Beach [:

Yay! More Floridians... I grew up between West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens.

ÂNothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. - Oscar Wilde
#46 Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine View Post

West Palm Beach [:

Ok, so I'm a couple of days late in noticing this, but good to see someone else in Palm Beach County. Any good veg restaurant recommendations in West Palm? I'm up there in the northern part of the county a lot of weekends, so it would be nice to know where to get food while I'm there. I live and work down in the southern parts of the county, so I mostly just know the restaurants in Boca, Delray, and Boynton.

--Fromper
#47 Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Ok, so I'm a couple of days late in noticing this, but good to see someone else in Palm Beach County. Any good veg restaurant recommendations in West Palm? I'm up there in the northern part of the county a lot of weekends, so it would be nice to know where to get food while I'm there. I live and work down in the southern parts of the county, so I mostly just know the restaurants in Boca, Delray, and Boynton.

--Fromper

They have Pizza Fusion in Palm Beach Gardens that has yummy vegan pizzas. Unfortunatly, there are more places down south then up there. I love Sublime down in Ft. Lauderdale. Have you ever been?

Oh, and we live so close by we should get together for some good veg*n food sometime!

#48 Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 PM

Fromper - I wish I knew of some! The only one I know of is Christopher's Kitchen on PGA blvd, but I have yet to try it (I really should soon - its near my school).
#49 Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

Miami Beach. 15 years now. Love South Florida.
#50 Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey kids, have any of you ever gone to the South FL veg*n meetup?! I went once a few years ago, great people... I just... wasn't in the most "social" time of my life.
#51 Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I went to one of their picnics a couple of years ago. It's kinda far south for me to go and meet a bunch of strangers, so I haven't gone back. I'm more likely to go to the Palm Beach County meetup, since it's closer to home.

--Fromper
#52 Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Going down to the Keys in a few weeks, anything I should check out? I want to find a topless beach, but my research says there is none near Key West.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#53 Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Going down to the Keys in a few weeks, anything I should check out? I want to find a topless beach, but my research says there is none near Key West.

just got back from Key West. Really liked The Cafe. I don't recall hearing about any topless beaches there but if you were to go The Garden of Eden clothing optional bar (top floor of the bull and whistle bar on Duval)  i'm sure they could tell you the closest if there are any.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page