Florida - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1 Old 05-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Administrator

The place to dicuss local topics and to meet others in your area.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I know there's other people here living in florida!! Who are you ?!

I live in the Orlando area myself ..
#3 Old 05-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Veggie Regular

i am in the panama city beach area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I was born and raised in Tampa. I miss it. My best (female) friend and my mom are still there. Oh, to see a palm tree...
#5 Old 05-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Chokoloskee Island, just outside Everglades City, in the southwest corner. Mosquitos are out here! Moving soon, thank goodness, but I'll be back someday.

-------Trav-----
#6 Old 05-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey all you groovy guys and gals! Looking for a little excitement this coming June? Why not drive over to Atlanta for the veg*n gathering!!

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...?threadid=4060

A good time is guaranteed for all. Vegan food, hot chicks, and fun!! You know you want to go! The more the merrier!
#7 Old 05-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

muppetcow~ Are you getting some financial compensation for your great advertising abilities? (Telling all about the veg gathering.)
#8 Old 05-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

No, Veganchick, I'm not getting any $$. LOL. But, my motives are purely selfish, I must admit. I really want people to come to this thing! I only know a couple of vegetarians in real life and no vegans, so I'm itching to know some.
#9 Old 05-28-2003, 03:49 PM

Hey, I'm in Orlando too...well, at least I will be in a couple of weeks when I get back from NY.
#10 Old 05-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey! I'm from Tallahassee -- where the state government fun never ends....

Nice to meet you folks!
#11 Old 06-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm in the boonies of zephyrhills
#12 Old 06-12-2003, 06:05 PM

Anyone here from the Palm Beach County area? I'm hoping to move to Boca or Delray within the next few months. Anything you could tell me about the area would be groovy!
#13 Old 06-19-2003, 10:23 PM

I really hope God will become vegan. Then she would take more sympathy on me and find me a Miami vegan friend. :}~

If you are a South Florida veg-head, or know one, that is 21 years of age or younger don't hesitate to email me.

I'll pay you!

Well, no, I won't. But, if you care to speak with this intelligent, often vibrant veg who is sure to keep a very good conversation email me!
#14 Old 06-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm here in Jacksonville. This town is not very vege friendly. By the way LuthienAmandil, I use to travel to Delray for work, it is very slow paced and quiet and mainly a reitrement community. Check out the cheesecake factory while you're there for dinner. Lots of luck!;D
#15 Old 06-26-2003, 11:27 PM

808veggie-

I live in Panama City, but will be visiting Jacksonville in a few weeks to see a friend. Any recommendations of places to eat or shop?

thanks!
#16 Old 06-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

shedonteatmeat - The Hovan Mediterranean Gourmet has great falafel! I don't know of any veg*n restraunts here, though.

As far as shopping, you might want to check out the Jacksonville Landing, and the Regency and Orange Park mall.

Hope you have a nice time!
#17 Old 06-27-2003, 10:06 PM

Thanks grain_girl!

I'll definetly check it out!! I've never tried falafel and really want to! No restaurants sell it around here... and I haven't gotten around to making it myself yet. lol.
#18 Old 06-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Rie
Veggie Regular

I grew up in Pensacola, and have been living in Orlando since December.
#19 Old 06-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I have lived in Tampa all my life. I probly could not live in a place that has very harsh winters, but I would appreciate a good public transportation system.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#20 Old 07-03-2003, 01:49 AM

i'm looking for job advice for the veggie scene in Miami. i'm moving from nyc to Miami in the next month and want to use my veggie skills for a good use!! post/e-mail me with any tips!

-nicole

[email protected]
#21 Old 07-05-2003, 10:19 PM

*NEW* Panama City, Florida Vegan Website!

Hey everybody! I just started up a site called "PC Vegan", it's main purpose is to bring people in the area together... to find more vegans & vegetarians... basically, to spread the veggie goodness! :P

http://pcvegan.shedonteatmeat.com/

(site is a work in progress...just got it up, so most of it is still to come!)

If you live *anywhere* remotely near Panama City, Fl and would like to be included in the "People!" section of the site, EMAIL ME!

[email protected]

It'd be really great to see how many of us there are around! Panama City is located in Bay County. That is in Northwest Florida, in between Tallahassee and Pensacola. Seriously, surround states and anywhere in florida even!

I hope to use the site as a jumping point for a Veg Group and maybe even for Animal Rights Activism & Protests! Depending on what sort of response we get. *crosses fingers*

Please check it out! Spread the word!
#22 Old 07-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Veggie Regular

very cool kelly. the site looks great.
#23 Old 07-09-2003, 06:30 AM

Hey, please anyone answer this for me. I just got back yesterday from a week in Orlando and saw the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I'm hoping that someone here will tell me they were fake and somehow they made them look very real.

I was in one of the gift shops and saw what looked like a dead baby shark in a plastic container. Is this for real?? I almost passed out when I saw it. Are these a by-product of some other industry? I feel super motivated to try and do something about this but I need more info. Thanks!
#24 Old 07-09-2003, 10:21 AM

Yikes! That's horrible

I've never seen them...sorry I can't help.
#25 Old 07-09-2003, 12:26 PM

The shop is called Magic Castle Gift Kingdom on Highway 192 going toward Walt Disney World in Kissimmee. I'm looking into it. If they sharks are real, you best believe I'm going to write the the Gov. of Florida and anyone else. If they aren't real, they've done a really good job of fooling me. That is just wrong.
#26 Old 07-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I've seen those in the beachside gift shops. I'm almost certain they are real.
#27 Old 07-11-2003, 07:51 AM

I've been trying like mad to find out where they are coming from and all kinds of other related info. I've had no luck so far. Do you think if I contacted PETA they may know? I would think that this may be something at one point they would have been involved in trying to stop. I am really really motivated to at least try and do something about this. The first step is determining where they are coming from and by what means. Any info anyone can give me would be great.
#28 Old 07-12-2003, 05:42 PM

A newbie stoppin by to say hi. I live in Coconut Creek which is about 15 minutes North of Ft. Lauderdale. I have been a vegetarian for 8 yrs and am happy that I found this site since everyone I know eats meat.
#29 Old 07-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Veggie Regular

welcome Missy... glad you have found us..

MsRuthieB,

those are real, but i have no clue where they come from and why they would want to put dead baby sharks in a bottle.. this world has gone mad!
#30 Old 07-13-2003, 09:19 AM

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page