Florida - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKey View Post

Z-hills isn't that boonie'ish. It could be worse ... it could be Masaryktown! Talk about the boonies! I'm in Land O' Lakes - not too far from Z-hills.

it's boonie enough! i can't find any veg*n restaurants around here. i've been reduced to going to East Pasco Med Ctr's vegetarian cafeteria for decent food! it's sad when the only veg*n place to eat is a 7th day adventist HOSPITAL!!! is there any where in LOL???

as for masaryktown....yikes! it's almost as bad as lacoochee!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 04-01-2004, 10:39 AM

We're driving down from NJ to Florida for a vacation visit with my husband's mom. Does anyone know of veg restaurants in the Satellite Beach/Melbourne area (east coast, not far from Cocoa Beach)?

Shalom,

Gail
#63 Old 04-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

moving to jacksonville the first of may. i'm excited to check out native sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 05-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, I'm officially here. We went to Native Sun yesterday and I was kind of disappointed. They had alot of stuff but everything was hella pricey. There seem to be tons of Asian markets in the area (I'm in the Mandarin area) but I sure hope they have some good prices. I'm on a mission to find good grocery stores. Any suggestions?
#65 Old 05-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular

rincaro!

I'm in Mandarin

Actually, you'd be surprised - the Publix on Old St. Augustine Rd. has a lot of vegan/veggie stuff; I only go to Native Sun for specialized things (like fake cheese, Vegenaise etc.) There is also the Winn-Dixie on Old Baymeadows Rd. They carry Amy's stuff and some other vegan things; Another good one is the Winn-Dixie on the corner of University Blvd. and San jose Blvd.

Depends on what you eat I guess. I tend to buy more convenience food but I still throw stuff together from "normal" grocery stores. Shopping at Native Sun for everything is just too damn expensive. If you get a chance, go to the Mellow Mushroom on Southside Blvd. by the Tinseltown movie theatre - I think a lot of their food is vegan (or can be made that way). A lot of youngish bohemian types work there and seem to understand what "NO DAIRY!" means.

BTW, what part of Mandarin are you in?
#66 Old 05-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Veggie Regular

We're off of Old St. Augustine (Timberwalk). The Mandarin area is pretty nice. They have tons of restaurants and stores, that's for sure. The ad for Harris Teeter looked good. They are having a big Organic/Health Food sale. We're gonna hit there soon.

We are trying to go vegan and I will be staying at home, so I plan on doing alot of cooking. I was really hoping Native Sun had a more extensive bulk section, but maybe some of the Asian markets will help with that.
#67 Old 05-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I'll be moving around the Daytona area in September, assuming things go as planned. Hopefully I'll have luck finding veg cuisine. Definitly will have more luck then I do where I am now at least.
#68 Old 05-20-2004, 09:27 PM

i hope i am doing this right! this is my first post,...i feel silly.

ok so i live in tampa! well, my friends are in tampa, i work in lakeland, and i live back and forth between tampa and plant city. so im all around here...anyone else???

anywhere good to eat? and does anyone wanna hang out...lol

and earlier someone had said that there are no veggie restaraunts in venice,...but i would drive the 2 hours just to go to althea's. its in the old venice area right by the public beach in the little shopping strip. but maybe i am confused and maybe there is a defference between venice and venice beach. but if not,...check out althea's. its not entirely vegetarian but theres a section on both the lunch and dinner menues with like 6 different vegetarian dishes.. and theyre all awesome.
#69 Old 06-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Banned

I went to Sublime vegan restaurant when I was in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday night. It was awesome! I had the baked eggplant mozzarella and tiramisu for dessert. What a breath of fresh air to go into a restaurant and order anything on the menu, and it was a classy place...with cute waiters!
#70 Old 06-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Rincaro! WELCOME TO JACKSONVILLE!!!!!! There is a great place in riverside called HeartWorks Cafe...GREAT VEGAN food! Also there's a store I haven't tried yet called Organic Jungle that is suppose to be fantastic. Hope you like 90+ weather!
#71 Old 06-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Banned

It is soooo hot in Florida right now, you can barely breath when you walk outside.
#72 Old 07-02-2004, 12:37 PM

where is this organic jungle place? i just moved to jacksonville from boston. i've been getting specialty fake meats from native sun, which i was surprised to find even more expensive than places up north.

i've been to heartworks, any other veg friendly restaurants? every place seems to scream seafood! seafood!
#73 Old 07-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Oooh! I missed this. Organic Jungle huh? Cool. And Heartworks cafe?

I think we should have a jacksonville lunch at the heartworks place. There a few folks that live here!

We go to native sun also actionally. It is hella pricey. I was used to my Trader Joe's Dayton. We've only been here since the first of May.
#74 Old 07-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Bumping this...

Anyone up for maybe a Saturday luncheon at Heartworks??? We haven't been yet, but I'd love to do a little get together type thingie!
#75 Old 07-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Rie
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

Bumping this...

Anyone up for maybe a Saturday luncheon at Heartworks??? We haven't been yet, but I'd love to do a little get together type thingie!

I'd be willing to make the 2 hour trek to come if I had some fair warning! There's a lot of other orlandonites around here that might do the same! Or, we could have a Disney day here sometime!
#76 Old 07-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

We're planning a Disney trip here sometime soon. Maybe we could do an Orlando lunch if anyone is up for it!
#77 Old 07-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Rie
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

We're planning a Disney trip here sometime soon. Maybe we could do an Orlando lunch if anyone is up for it!

Yeah! Keep me posted!
#78 Old 08-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Rie
Veggie Regular

A friend of ours is letting us stay in his condo on Seista Key in Sarasota next weekend. Any recommendations for restaurants or stores? So far all we've really found is Mims Restaurant and the Granery health food stores. Also, any special things to check out while we're there? Is there any place to parasail? Snorkel? Scuba?

My fiance made a post in the vegan/vegetarian forum about this, but, it didn't get any response. I figured there might be some people here who could help.
#79 Old 08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey y'all.

My company is having its annual conference in Orlando next month & dh and I are going out there b/c his folks live in Jacksonville. Great to see there are so many veg places - might have to check them out

my question is not really veg-related tho. I want to get a tattoo when I'm out there & am wondering if any of you can recommend a reputable place in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area...

thanks
#80 Old 08-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

My husband has many tats, but got none of them here. My sister and her husband swear by Inksmith & Rogers. And I'm pretty sure my sis got hers at the Orange Park shop.
#81 Old 08-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

sweet! thanks rincaro.
#82 Old 08-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried to find some clear pics of my sister & bil's tats. If I find some I'll post the so you can see the work.
#83 Old 09-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

If you are in Florida and in the path of the storm, BE SAFE!
#84 Old 09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope that everone is doing ok! This bonbardment of huricanes has to stop soon!

Hugs!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#85 Old 09-12-2004, 07:06 PM

Hi, I live in the St Petersburg area.

There rae a few places here that are veggie friendly.

Sahara's Deli on 1st Ave S and 7St S. Great mediterrain food

Cedar Market- brother of Sharas owner owns this. Great market to get your goods

Natuers Finest Foods - 6601 Central Avenue north. I used to work here, great selection of produce.

Rollin Oats- 9th St N. SAme as Natures. The boyfriend used to work there.

Tara's Roti Shack- GOOD LORD THATS A GREAT RESTURANT. In Tampa, she was raised Hindu, strict veggie. Tons of food from Trinidad.

Hare Krsna Temple on Bearss
#86 Old 09-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey! I'm in Margate close to Boca. Artichoke, Sublime's my favorite. I always order the same thing. Sublime Piccata. Yum.
#87 Old 09-20-2004, 04:33 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRuthieB View Post

The shop is called Magic Castle Gift Kingdom on Highway 192 going toward Walt Disney World in Kissimmee. I'm looking into it. If they sharks are real, you best believe I'm going to write the the Gov. of Florida and anyone else. If they aren't real, they've done a really good job of fooling me. That is just wrong.

My uncle in Cali has solded these for YEARS (20+) among many other disgusting "beachy type things"... They are real. 100% Fermaldahyde (sp) shark... Ick.
#88 Old 09-20-2004, 04:35 AM
Beginner

Any Veggie Punks in the South florida area? I live in South Fort Lauderdale/Davie area pretty close to miami.

Just looking for some cool veggieheads to chill and listen to good music with haha or check out some shows or whatever.

Oh yeah... Drink vegan beer is a must. So if you don't have an issue with a queer punk and want to hang out. Email me! And if you are looking for cheap sex, I'll give you my bf's email :-p

[email protected]

I hope this is the right area to attempt to make friends
#89 Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Testing.
#90 Old 11-17-2004, 09:04 PM

m in boca raton
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page