Florida - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 09-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi, all. I'm headed to attend a tradeshow in Miami next week. I'm going with my Mom (a near veg*n) and am going to spend a few extra days in the area. We will be staying on Miami Beach. Is anyone here familiar with any Veg*n/ raw restaurants? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquiPro View Post

Hi, all. I'm headed to attend a tradeshow in Miami next week. I'm going with my Mom (a near veg*n) and am going to spend a few extra days in the area. We will be staying on Miami Beach. Is anyone here familiar with any Veg*n/ raw restaurants? Thanks.

Boy, are you lucky. I'm going to Miami on Wednesday, so I already did some research. You can find everything you need at happycow.net. My recommendation for raw vegan is Sunshine & AJ Food Without Fire at 747 4th Street, Suite 101 (@ Meridian). It looks cool. Happy Cow has a link to their website, which is terrific.
#33 Old 10-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

There has been mention of having a florida gathering in orlando. anyone ineterested should post in here. if enough people are interested we can start a seperate gathering thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneness View Post

There has been mention of having a florida gathering in orlando. anyone ineterested should post in here. if enough people are interested we can start a seperate gathering thread.

oh..yea. i forgot that we talked about that....
#35 Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 PM

When I was in L.A. Vegetarian Society and Earthsave were sponsoring and organizing annual Thanksgiving unturkey potlucks in the afternoon and it was a big hit, a huge success. I really miss them and I met a lot of great people. Now, I'm in Miami, which I'm less than thrilled about, and all I can find is a catered book signing event that you have to pay for. I was really bummed and depressed when I learned that. I feel like I'm in the boondocks in unveg-friendly he** and I'm craving social interaction. You wouldn't believe how depressing it is here and how vegans, let alone vegetarians there are here! My husband were really looking forward to attending an afternoon potluck and are really bummed that all we can have is our own traditional vegan thanksgiving lunch meal. We enjoy it, but we want to be with others. Does anyone live in Miami or near and know of anything? We'd be so thrilled if we could find something. I don't miss L.A. at all, but I do miss all the cool veg/organic people there! Okay, well, now that I'm completely depressed. *sigh* Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks vegan pals!

Forestdeva
#36 Old 11-24-2003, 04:12 AM
Veggie Regular

no takers on the florida gathering i guess..............
#37 Old 12-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Banned

Does anyone have a recommendation of a vegetarian restaurant (with plenty of vegan choices) in the Bonita Springs and Ft. Myers area?

I would appreciate any help! Thanks.
#38 Old 12-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Banned

Are there no restaurants in this area?!!
#39 Old 12-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Did you check happycow.net?

I'm going to be in Miami for a week starting tomorrow? Anyone wanna pick me up from Miami airport at 5:09pm and take me to veg*n dinner?
#40 Old 12-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Did you check happycow.net?

I'm going to be in Miami for a week starting tomorrow? Anyone wanna pick me up from Miami airport at 5:09pm and take me to veg*n dinner?

Thanks, Epski! I'll check it out.

Your arrival is too early for me. Have fun, though!
#41 Old 12-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Jacksonville. I don't know about veggie restaurants (maybe Casbah has some dishes..) but there is plenty of stuff in grocery stores for me to eat..
#42 Old 12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I had an amazing meal at Sunshine & AJ's in South Miami Beach last night. Highly recommended. 4th and Meridian.
#43 Old 12-15-2003, 12:33 PM

i'm in port st. lucie. it's about 45 miles north of west palm beach.

#44 Old 12-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Can someone in Florida please adopt me! I'm freezing my butt off up here!
#45 Old 12-19-2003, 07:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbum View Post

Can someone in Florida please adopt me! I'm freezing my butt off up here!

Heh i am freezing my butt off here in florida
#46 Old 12-19-2003, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneness View Post

Heh i am freezing my butt off here in florida

Tell me it's not true.....lol

26F here, what is it there?
#47 Old 12-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

it was in the 40's last night and a few times recently it dropped into the mid 30's. But i must say because i live on the gulf the 40's feel more like the teens do up north. i was in indianapolis over Thanksgiving and it was about 15-20, but it did not feel any colder then it has been here.

Could you please get in touch with Mother Nature and remind her i live in a Tropical Paradise.
#48 Old 12-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiemac View Post

i'm in the boonies of zephyrhills

Z-hills isn't that boonie'ish. It could be worse ... it could be Masaryktown! Talk about the boonies! I'm in Land O' Lakes - not too far from Z-hills.

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#49 Old 12-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi im moving to Naples/Ft.Myers area in about 5 months and was wondering if any of you are around that area....
#50 Old 12-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm headed to Naples for Christmas 12/23/03!!!!! My mom and step are snow birds and winter down there. Beautiful, beautiful place it is....
#51 Old 01-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Cmon Florida Peeps!!!!!!! Lets rock this thread!!!!! WHere you at???
#52 Old 03-07-2004, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post

I'm in Jacksonville. I don't know about veggie restaurants (maybe Casbah has some dishes..) but there is plenty of stuff in grocery stores for me to eat..

Whoa, I'm surprised I've come across two people from Jacksonville in this thread. Yet another Jacksonville resident here.
#53 Old 03-07-2004, 11:16 PM

I live in Venice, which is between Tampa & Fort Myers. No good veggie restaurants around here, however, I work in the restaurant industry so rarely think about going out to eat.

#54 Old 03-08-2004, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post

Whoa, I'm surprised I've come across two people from Jacksonville in this thread. Yet another Jacksonville resident here.

Hello All! Would like to add that I'm originally from Jacksonville, although now I live in Japan. I was just in the area for christmas time. It was my first one in two years, so it was quite exciting. I was also happy to visit Native Sun Natural Foods. It's like a vegan paradise in the states! I miss it so......
#55 Old 03-10-2004, 09:52 AM

hey...i just moved to florida last month, love it, the weather is awesome. im in the orlando/kissimmee area, any of you around here? been to a few little health stores, dont know much more about the area.

tara
#56 Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinguVegan View Post

Hello All! Would like to add that I'm originally from Jacksonville, although now I live in Japan. I was just in the area for christmas time. It was my first one in two years, so it was quite exciting. I was also happy to visit Native Sun Natural Foods. It's like a vegan paradise in the states! I miss it so......

Wow, where in Japan are you from?
#57 Old 03-11-2004, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post

Wow, where in Japan are you from?

Right now I live in a tiny little village in Wakayama prefecture, a place most have never heard of and will never need to, believe me. Still, it's nice here, beautiful mountains and beaches. It was exciting for me when I first moved as (being born and raised in Florida!) I had never lived in the mountains before. It's different in some ways, I guess.
#58 Old 03-12-2004, 08:53 PM

im moving to west palm beach in less than 2 months! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! im so excited to leave this hell whole. how is palm beach? does anyone know? ive never been to florida. we are moving there for my hubbys business. anything yall could tell me?
#59 Old 03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Georgia but I'm 30 Minutes away From Jacksonville. I do not know of any good Veggie Resturants but I can tell You that Native Sun Natural Food Store Realy rocks. They have an awsome selection of Vegan Products.
#60 Old 03-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Anyone here in Clearwater?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page