Vegan/Vegetarian food at Florida theme parks? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm headed to Universal Studios for the first time this Saturday (hopefully), so I thought I'd start a thread. Given how many people come down to Florida for Disney and the other parks, I figured this would make a good subject for a mega-thread about finding food at all the parks.

So, anyone have recommendations for lunch inside Universal Studios?

As for Disney, I spent nearly a week park hopping with my sister and nephews during their spring break from school 2 years ago. There was only one restaurant that really stood out to me as a "must visit" for veg*ns in the Disney parks, and that's Tusker House in Disney's Animal Kingdom (I know, I know ). Tusker House is an all you can eat buffet, with a ton of vegetarian and vegan options - great spot for lunch or dinner.

--Fromper
SepiaRoses likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

--Fromper
#3 Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

It's been a really long time since I've been to any of these theme parks. I know that Busch Gardens and Adventure Island have lockers which you can rent for most of the day. If I was travelling to any of these parks, I would pack dried fruit and nuts in a small fanny pack, and store a lunch cooler in the locker. I wouldn't expect much accommodation. The buffet options will probably be the best bet, they had a few fruit options when I was last at the theme parks in Tampa.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Veggie Regular

The Disney parks and Universal are actually pretty good in general for veg food, but as I noted in the first post above, only the one restaurant stood out as "must visit" if you're in that particular park. But there's plenty of veg stuff around at various restaurants.

At Universal, I think I had a veggie burger at a place near the Jurassic Park ride last time I was there. I don't remember if it was particularly great or anything, but it was an option.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
SepiaRoses likes this.
#5 Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Beginner

Thank you so much for recommending Tusker House! I happen to be a fan of Disney and have been interested in this subject myself. Especially since my mother was kind enough to suggest going on a vacation together to WDW this summer that she'll be springing for and I need to know about all of my vegan food options! One of the ideas I have is taking a cooler with me into a hotel room that has a kitchenette or mini-fridge, and loading the cooler with easy, simple things like Tofurky deli slices, Daiya cheese, wheat bread, vegan mayo, hummus, baggies of baby carrots, soy milk, tortillas, etc. But I also need to find out more about restaurants that offer the vegan option, so any info is awesome! grin.gif

Edit: Sunshine Seasons at Epcot Pavilion has some vegan/vegetarian food options.

http://eatingwdw.com/2013/01/15/sunshine-seasons-to-go-vegetarian-entree/

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted."

---Aesop
#6 Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I know you didn't bring up Legoland but it's a great amusement park, particularly for young children and lovers of Legos. There are rides, shows, lots of places to build things, a water park, minilands (lego versions of NYC for example), lots of Star Wars stuff, etc.

Both Legolands allow you to bring food into the park so that's nice. I went to the California Legoland recently and brought a full lunch for my family and I so we didn't have to worry about it at all. The first time we ate a vegan stirfry we bought there. It was actually really good.

The one in California even has a few vegan options marked on the website. Here is the link: http://california.legoland.com/en/plan/dietary_guide/

#7 Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I might recommend Busch Gardens, as it is a beautiful park with kickass roller coasters and gorgeous plants and flowers, tons of fun stuff to do. If they just kept rehabilitated animals and those that can't survive in the wild, I would recommend it. Unfortunately, they breed animals, including Indian elephants and white tigers. They sold one endangered Indian elephant baby to a ****ing circus. The white tigers are majestic and gorgeous, but unfortunately so inbred that nearly 1/4 of the cubs do not survive. sad.gif

They appear to treat the animals well, with large areas for them and everything looks clean. The food for the herbivores looks very healthy. They used to have a horrible dolphin "show" at Busch, but they got rid of that years ago thanks to local AR folks.

Oh, and there is some vegetarian food, but last time I went it was pbj and side salad. They do have beer beer.gifsmiley.gif, and you can bring in food if you're not too obvious about it at the front gate.
SepiaRoses likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page