Florida Worldwide VB Meetup Day...Sunday, November 1st! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 PM

Can everyone agree on Orlando for Nov 1 for one of the places listed above?

Can you Tampa people make some definites as far as carpooling goes?

We should work on getting a head count...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, we need to really get some definite plans in place. If we agree on Orlando, we have to decide where we are going to meet, and as seibella said see how many are coming. I do not know if Ethos or Loving Hut takes reservations.... there are other places in Orlando as well. Not everyone from Florida has responded in this thread either so we don't know if there are others interested. Come on Floridians!! Let's do this!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#33 Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I really have no idea what Nov 1st has in store for me so I can tentatively go. As we get closer I will know more. But Orlando is easy enough to get to from Tampa and my car is definitely not one to use for car pooling. I have a mustang with a non-existent back seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Please keep me posted on this meet-up as I have a tendency to drift. I would have no problems with going to Orlando, but I am not willing to carpool. (I'd be heading straight east on SR 50 from Brooksville, if anyone is perhaps interested I *could*)

As far as Nov. 1, I also don't see where I'm at. I may be living in Indianapolis, so I might have to look into that one. But if I'm here, I am interested. One question, could *silent* omni's go along for the ride?

Thanks!
#35 Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in for Nov 1. No carpool for me, either. Another EM thread girl with a small car
#36 Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickboi96 View Post

Please keep me posted on this meet-up as I have a tendency to drift. I would have no problems with going to Orlando, but I am not willing to carpool. (I'd be heading straight east on SR 50 from Brooksville, if anyone is perhaps interested I *could*)

As far as Nov. 1, I also don't see where I'm at. I may be living in Indianapolis, so I might have to look into that one. But if I'm here, I am interested. One question, could *silent* omni's go along for the ride?

Thanks!

good question, I would want to bring my husband who is an omni.
#37 Old 09-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Of course you can bring your SO! I can't see any problem with that! I just hope we can pull this off!

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#38 Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with bringing nonveggies -- the more the merrier!! =)
#39 Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Veggie Regular

YAY!
#40 Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Has no car or license in Tampa. I could ask if a friend can help. I have no clue.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#41 Old 09-16-2009, 01:20 AM

So what all would be in the itinerary? Just grubbing out in Orlando? I'm still in!!
#42 Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM

I was trying to think of other things, too, but have been unsuccessful.

It seems like such a drive just to chow down, but even if that's all it is, I'm still in!
#43 Old 09-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Beginner

how often do you guys do these? just once a year? i am getting back from getting MARRIED on 10/31 so i won't be up for anything that weekend. but i am new to this and would love to put faces to names.

also, fyvel.. if you are in key west, go to 'the cafe' - it's the best!!
#44 Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by estacey View Post

also, fyvel.. if you are in key west, go to 'the cafe' - it's the best!!

Cool, thanks for the tip, we will be sure to check it out next time we're there
#45 Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know what else we could do but eat! There is a nice park across the street from Ethos. Congrats on your wedding estacey! I guess you are excused this time! This is actually the first time we have attempted this since I have been here!

#46 Old 09-19-2009, 07:42 AM

Oh! Well then we're all new at this!

I like the park idea. What about perhaps hosting a picnic potluck if we don't do a restaurant? Is there beaches locally? Or perhaps, the theme parks would be nice....

Just some ideas to throw around, I'm here to help!!
#47 Old 09-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

A potluck could work if folks don't want to do a restaurant, though we eat out so seldom, it would be a nice treat for us, though a potluck would be cheaper! There are several nice parks but the beach is kinda far as Orlando is in the middle of the state! Theme parks cost a FORTUNE!! I think ONE ticket is $80 to any of them, plus parking, and food may be a problem as we found out recently.

Keep bring the ideas! Everyone!!

#48 Old 09-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Yes I can relate...Perhaps a smaller zoo, those fees aren't too too terrible! I understand about eating out, I never have ate at a veg restaurant and would love to try..
#49 Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

yes I think a veg restaurant would be so cool! I have only been to one in my life.
#50 Old 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I've not been to one ever, either!
#51 Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've only ever been to one vegetarian restaurant in my life, and it was a fast food falafel place that only remained veg for about a year before adding meat to the menu. But I have been to Pine Garden in Boca Raton many times. It's a Chinese restaurant with a separate vegan menu with over 100 items to choose from!

--Fromper

#52 Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I've only ever been to one vegetarian restaurant in my life, and it was a fast food falafel place that only remained veg for about a year before adding meat to the menu. But I have been to Pine Garden in Boca Raton many times. It's a Chinese restaurant with a separate vegan menu with over 100 items to choose from!

--Fromper

#53 Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I think everyone agrees that a vegan restaurant is what we would like to do. Since Ethos is the only one I have ever been to, I will nominate them. There is the lovely park across the street as well and since I am bringing 2 kids, they need something to do either before or after dining! You can check out the restaurant online and the park too. The location is fairly easy to get to off of the interstate and there is a large free parking lot a block away.

I hope we can get everyone to come! We will need a "head count" and Ethos would need to know about a large group coming in.

#54 Old 09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

OH games at the park would be fun. A potluck would be hard for people who are coming from a distance.

I am still hoping on going and asking around about rides.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#55 Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Ethos looks great! Awesome menu, looking forward to this! My tummy is grumbling already!
#56 Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I hope you can arrange something girlystar! Hopefully we can get a few of us there!

#57 Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Heya fellow South Floridians! The bf wants to take me out to celebrate my VeggieVersary. Do u think Sublime is the best choice?
#58 Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 AM

gosh a meetup would b awesome, im in jax.... sadly im going to halloween horror nights on the 9th, and i don't think my mom would let me go twice since she pays for my gas =P and the drive to orlando, but if anyone is in north florida i would love to meet up even though the only vegan friendly restaurant i know is sweet tomatoes =P
#59 Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi MariaP! Sorry you can't make it Nov. 1st. Here is a list of veg places in Jax I found on Happy cow.

http://www.happycow.net/disp_results...maptype=l&list[]=vegan&list[]=vegetarian&list[]=friendly&list[]=store&address=Jacksonville%2C+FL&x=19&y=12

#60 Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi MariaP! If you look on Happy Cow, you can find some other veg friendly places.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page