Delaware - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#31 Old 06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Min
Veggie Regular

Hello everyone I just happened to see this & thought Id let everyone know I live in Wilmington DE. Its not to bad here I can think of worse places to be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Min! I'm in Wilmington too, right on Philadelphia Pike in the Penny Hilll/Hillcrest area. Where are you at?
#33 Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Min
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmommy View Post

Hi Min! I'm in Wilmington too, right on Philadelphia Pike in the Penny Hilll/Hillcrest area. Where are you at?

I am right off kirkwood hwy around elsmere/prices corner area. I work in Wilm nice to meet you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool! Well, I'm pretty easy to spot- blonde, tattooed and usually sporting a 5 yr old w/ a mohawk- be sure to say "hi" if you think you see someone that might be me
#35 Old 06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Min
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Cool! Well, I'm pretty easy to spot- blonde, tattooed and usually sporting a 5 yr old w/ a mohawk- be sure to say "hi" if you think you see someone that might be me

Will do
#36 Old 07-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Min
Veggie Regular

So are there any good stores in Delaware for vegetarian foods? I usually go to one in Elsmere but I was curious what else is out there.
#37 Old 07-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually go to Trader Joes here in Wilmington ( by the Concord Mall, off 202 + Naamans Rd. ), there's the Co-op in Newark ( off Main Street) and I go to Country Health Store too There's also a place in Hockessin I haven't been to, Harvest Market. There's an orchard by my house, Highland Orchard, that has all local organic produce and they carry a lot of vegan products ( Tofurkey, tofuttii products, soymilk, ect. ).

Mmm, just had dinner last night at Homegrown
#38 Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Min
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I usually go to Trader Joes here in Wilmington ( by the Concord Mall, off 202 + Naamans Rd.

Oh ive prob seen you & didnt even know it I go there & to the country health store all the time.
#39 Old 07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Just look for the woman with the overflowing cart
#40 Old 07-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Min
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Just look for the woman with the overflowing cart

Um yeah I tend to do that myself I cant help it though both stores are so much fun to shop in. Im usually in the CHS at least twice a week once during the weekend & on thur I dont get to TJ as often but I love that store.
#41 Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Saturday Evening, Nov. 12th: 7:00 - 9:30 P.M.

Delaware Action for Animals Presents:

Second Annual Symposium - Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet

George Wilson Center

303 New London Rd.

(896N) Newark, Delaware

Join us for an evening of guest speakers, complimentary vegan food and more! W/ Special Guests: Katrina Animal Survivor’s.

Flyer-http://www.da4a.org/da4aevent.pdf

Free Event-Come and bring some people, hopefully those ripe for

the veg*nizing!
#42 Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Beginner

Hello All, haven't been here in awhile.

I was talking to a friend of mine and I feel really bad but one of favorite things to do as a kid was to go to the zoo and learn about the animals there, and now that my son's getting older I want to take him to see them too, but I don't want to support a zoo that doesn't take care of their animals.

I will NEVER EVER EVER take him to Brandywine Zoo. That place is HORRIBLE. But I was thinking of taking him to the Philadelphia Zoo, I've never heard anything bad about it and they apparently do a lot with wildlife conservation. What do you all think?
#43 Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Any Delawarians still around?

I'm Kim, 21 years old, just graduated from UD. I'm originally from the Lewes/Rehoboth area but lived in Newark for the past couple years for school and am now residing in Wilmington, near Trolley Square.

My live-in boyfriend and I shop at Trader Joe's, the Newark Co-op, and the Super G on Concord Pike (they have a lot of veggie stuff). I have never been to Harvest Market in Hockessin, though I hear it's great. I didn't know about Highland Orchards; hopefully, we can check that out this weekend.

As for restaurants, the only places we really go are Home Grown (very rarely, as they have removed a lot of the good stuff they used to have, and I think it's overpriced for what you actually get...) and Ali Baba on Main Street in Newark. Ali Baba has mediterranean food and a number of vegetarian itmes (falafel wraps, grape leaves, hummus, lebanese pizza sans feta, etc.) - mmmm, it's so good!

Do you guys know of any restaurants in the Wilmington area that are veggie-friendly? We have not been able to find any. I heard Nirvana is good but have never been there and don't know much about Indian food. What is good to order that's vegan (or can be made vegan)?
#44 Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM

Hi,

I'm new to this board, live just outside Wilmington, and wanted to respond to the question about veg-friendly restaurants. I've found that all good restaurants are veg-friendly, and that if you ask, the chef will happily adapt a meal. Having said that, some places with veg entrees that are fabulous are the Melting Pot, The Corner Bistro, Deep Blue, Harry's. I think Domaine Hudson does, too. I think you can also call ahead and request a veg dish. If not, take your business elsewhere!

Now I have a question: does anyone know where I can get US-grown edamame? I'm not comfortable with anything from China.
#45 Old 06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WushuMom View Post

I'm surprised Delaware was even listed!

Delaware's not THAT bad... if you could just kick out all the power plants, farms, thugs and pretty much take out everything except the tax free shopping

hey hey i live in Delaware
#46 Old 01-29-2008, 12:26 PM

Hey hey! I go to UD (but I'm originally from Maryland), glad to see there are other UD students on this site. So how about these ridiculously long winter breaks they give us? I'm bored out of my mind.
#47 Old 05-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Veggie Regular

man the Delaware page is always dead
#48 Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Now that each state has its own forum I'll be closing the state threads. Please continue any discussion by starting a new thread in this forum. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page