• 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By Thalassa4
  • 1 Post By dormouse
  • 1 Post By TailFin
  • 2 Post By Jasminedesi16

#1 Old 02-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Veggie Recycler

Vegetarians in the US Should Stand Against Trump

He just gave a shameless plug to corporate fast food, especially mainstream meat items, so clearly sees zero problem with factory farms. While any individual has a right to choose what they eat, we as Americans do not need a leader who is actively endorsing the slaughter of animals (among other things which make me genuinely boggled why anyone in their right mind would vote for Trump).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politi...ast-food-love/
Sarah Hopper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Veggie Recycler

Also it bears mention that his daughter sells rabbit fur (sourced from China) hats, and his son has illegally killed wildlife on safari in Africa.
#3 Old 02-20-2016, 06:03 AM
No flesh since 99'

Whats your point? None of the candidates are vegan or vegetarian minded. Hillary Clinton has been seen wearing fur-accented clothes in the past, carries leather handbags and frequently wears real pearls (I would argue pearls are just as cruel as fur), all the candidates are omnivores who like to eat flesh, presumably all of them use and wear leather accessories (gloves, belts, perhaps even jackets) and I bet all of them use products that contribute to animal cruelty/testing. Personally, I see no difference in enjoying flesh from McDonalds or flesh from a 5 star restaurant, it's still flesh. Trump (in that regard) is no better or worse than the other candidates just because he likes cheap food.
Riuma likes this.

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 02-20-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Bill Clinton leans towards veg and has eaten plant based in the past. I don't know his current diet.
Thalassa4 likes this.
#5 Old 02-20-2016, 08:38 AM
Beginner

The headline is "Donald Trump really likes fast food". No one needed to say this. Just take one look at the man!
Beautiful Joe and Thalassa4 like this.
#6 Old 02-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mojo, veggie man and Thalassa4 like this.
#7 Old 02-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
(I would argue pearls are just as cruel as fur)
I wouldn't, at all, simply because I don't think oysters have the same capacity for suffering as mammals do.
Thalassa4 likes this.
#8 Old 02-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Bill Clinton leans towards veg and has eaten plant based in the past. I don't know his current diet.
Actually Bill Clinton is no longer vegan. he follows more of a paleo diet including fish and other "lean meat" but no dairy. Apparently his doctor told him he wasn't getting enough quality protein on a vegan diet and was getting too much starch. Rolls eyes. His daughter Chelsea who was once vegan is also no longer vegan or even vegetarian.
Thalassa4 likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 02-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
Whats your point? None of the candidates are vegan or vegetarian minded. Hillary Clinton has been seen wearing fur-accented clothes in the past, carries leather handbags and frequently wears real pearls (I would argue pearls are just as cruel as fur), all the candidates are omnivores who like to eat flesh, presumably all of them use and wear leather accessories (gloves, belts, perhaps even jackets) and I bet all of them use products that contribute to animal cruelty/testing. Personally, I see no difference in enjoying flesh from McDonalds or flesh from a 5 star restaurant, it's still flesh. Trump (in that regard) is no better or worse than the other candidates just because he likes cheap food.
Um, because he clearly supports factory farming and his children have illegally killed endangered wildlife, and his daughter is being confronted by PETA as we speak. A five star restaurant might at least avoid factory farms. McDonald's is also a corporate and sustainability issue, none of the other candidates are actively plugging fast food.

I'm not voting for Hillary.
Riuma likes this.
#10 Old 02-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Veggie Recycler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
I wouldn't, at all, simply because I don't think oysters have the same capacity for suffering as mammals do.
I tend to agree with this, some pescetarians, or religious people, will only eat invertebrates like mussels or oysters for a similar reason. And out of all the ecological solutions to end factory farming or feed people who won't or can't be vegan (it is literally impossible in some regions or socio-economic levels to be 100 percent vegan even if they're mostly vegan already due to poverty)...I support the idea of locust farms. I'm more practical than a purist, though. My goal is the largest number of people doing the least harm rather than a perfect ideal that might never be reached.
#11 Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Ben Carson is a vegetarian: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7343542.html
veggie man likes this.
#12 Old 02-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Everyone should stand against Trump.
Beautiful Joe likes this.
#13 Old 02-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm sorry but even if Trump was a vegan I would not vote for him.
amira23 and Beautiful Joe like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page