vegan eating out! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-24-2009, 05:19 AM

What does everyone do when eating out in cafes/restaurants/takeouts etc

Went to 2 different cafes recently neither had soya milk, so water or juice to drink only, (dont like coffee black) and only options for food was beans on toast (no butter) - mushrooms on toast (no butter) jacket potatoe with beans or salad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Banned

There are more than 602 vegetarian restaurants / healthfood shops in England alone. There are probably 3 times that number in vegetarian friendly restaurants / cafes.

http://www.happycow.net/europe/england/

Doing a little bit of research about whats available in your town will yield great results. I eat out at least 4 nights per week and even more lunches per week. Its very easy once you look at a few menus and try a few different places.
#3 Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 AM

The town i live in is very small and i live on an island txs for the link theres 2 places about 30 miles away from me, next time i'm shopping there i'll check them out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Another tip is to carry a small waterproof bottle of soy milk when you go out to use in your coffee.

If you are in an isolated area why not try talking to the local cafe owners and restaurants? Quite often if you call ahead a chef can make a nice vegan meal for you without too much trouble. You should also let cafes know what you would like and there's a good chance they can start making stuff for vegans. They probably have no idea that there is any interest in vegan food in their area.
#5 Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever tried asking if they can make something? Or edit dishes? If they're making things fresh chefs will usually be happy to do this. Whenever i'm forced to eat in non veggie places I do this. It takes a bit of confidence but i have yet to come across a place that said straight out no.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page