VeggieBoards banner

Vegan sweets uk

29K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  Vegan_Sweetys 
#1 ·
What vegan sweets do you eat?The kind you can buy at the supermarket and not on line(here in the uk)

I've been thinging about christmas and my belly.I planned to buy nuts, dried fruit and sweets to munch on,as we tend to get alot of choccies which i'm trying to avoid

#9 ·
I kept hearing different things about Starburst I'm glad if they are vegan (they need to be called Opal Fruits again though!)

I heard that the Foxes Glacier Fruits and their mints are vegan (correct me if I'm wrong.) You can sometimes get them in the £1 shop and also Raspberry Ruffle bars. I'm not sure about Fry's cream chocolate? I keep hearing different stuff about that as well.

Veganstore does different vegan sweets you can order online.

(Holland and Barrett sells whizzers which are like smarties and they sell Plamil chocolate which is a totally vegan company. Also Plamil do a chocolate spread I believe.)

#11 ·
Green and Blacks organic chocolate is superb and is widely available!

I enjoy pretty much all of their range though can confirm that the dark chocolate orange & spices one (Maya Gold I think?) is ok for both vegetarians and vegans...whilst the other flavours are suitable only for vegetarians (white & milk chocolate).

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

I heard that the Foxes Glacier Fruits and their mints are vegan (correct me if I'm wrong.) You can sometimes get them in the £1 shop and also Raspberry Ruffle bars. I'm not sure about Fry's cream chocolate? I keep hearing different stuff about that as well.
RUFFLES!!!!!!! Theyre so hard to find. But theyre the best chocolate bar ever Mmmmm. Ive had one hidden in my laptop case for about 4 months now, waiting for a rainy day. hahaha. and i havent seen any in the shops since I got that one! Frys Cream bars are vegan - theres nothing that could be nonvegan in them as far as I know, I like the orange ones although it takes me all day to eat one since they hurt my teeth as theyre so sugary hehe. I tend to, even when I eat chocolate, eat the bars that barely have any chocolate in haha.

Sherberts usually vegan, dunno if anyones mentioned that yet.

#15 ·
Tootie Fruities (sp?) are vegan. I feel like a kid but mm I could live off of them and jelly tots.

Oh and I'm pretty sure most if not all polos? Deffinatly the mints, fruits, spearmint and sugar free ones anyway.

I find that most of those "shoelace" type of sweets are gelitine free, and that quite a few are w/o beeswax, e120, etc too, so are often vegan too, but it's a case of looking 'cause I don't know brand specifics.

After eights I think? I never eat them but I swear I checked somewhen, and then own-brand versions sometimes are, I'm pretty sure woolworths and tescos are but check the ingrediants 'cause I'm not certain.

I thought G&B wasn't vegan anymore? Except the old bars
But a lot of own brand (not sainsburys who recently changed their recipy to include whey powder!! not impressed) dark chocolate, and lindt, or devine if you want fair trade (and if you go in oxfam them usually have dark devine with fruit and nut, or mint too! and those fantastic devine dark chocolate covered mango peices...). There's Plamil chocolate, in health food shops, but personally I dislike it.

Quite a few boiled sweets are also vegan, it's just a matter of ingrediant checking
Especially own brand stuff, for whatever reason!

If you go to holland and barret or a health food store they often have some gummie bears (but I reckon they're pretty disgusting) but also stuff like dairvegan fudge (nom..nom..nom) and whizzers whatever they're called that are basicly like smarties? and those dairy free milk buttons and bars which I reckon are the best 'milk' chocolate around but that's just a personal oppinion.

oh and some health food shops do vegan cola bottles and stuff like that, I can get them in a local independnat health food store and I know you can buy them in wholefoods in London. Oh and I forget the brand but they also do a vegan white chocolate.

Oh and sainsburys do vegetarian sour gummie sweets called "fizzy fangs" which are deffinatly vegetarian and I'm pretty sure vegan.

Oh pretty sure bassets american hard gums are vegan, and their ...fruit bon bons? the ones that are hard outside and chewy inside haha. Oh and those sherbert and liquorish things.

Hmm I'll put my thinking cap on, I'm sure there's loads more! If I'm ever in town and bored (happens a lot!) I check all the sweets in shops for vegan-ness, even though I can never afford [money wise or weight wise!] to eat 'em! *blush* xx

#17 ·
That's okay, and my rule tends to be always read the lables just in case! I've found violete and strawberry creme dark chocolates [boxed, like] from a local fudge store that were vegan before! annd for a while (not anymore
) they did dairy free fudge!

I seem to remember some sort of vegan boxed chocolates in marks and spencers at last valentines day, I think they were dark strawberry creme type things too (I hate that type of chocolate as it happens but I was looking for gifts for my mum, and I didnt want to buy nonvegan gifts)

Plus, don't forget places like julian graves and holland and barret do dark chocolate covered nuts/berrys/ginger/etc! Very tasty, but watch out for shellac (as well as the usual whey powders etc), alternitivly make your own! I once dipped a packet of cashew nuts in dark chocolate for a friends birthday present, very nice!

Mmm I sound obsessive

#18 ·
http://www.fudgekitchen.co.uk/flavou...asp?fudgeid=25 = lush vegan fudge...

They do normal fudge as well, some special method which makes it taste amazing, and Chris Evans was raving about it on the radio apparently so my mum bought a load of flavours online including the dairy free one for me, but I had only one piece before my omni family gobbled up the lot

But now I'm back at uni they have a shop here mwahaha and they do free samples
. There's shops in Cambridge, and I think Bath, Canterbury, Edinburgh, York and a couple of other places if that's anywhere near, or just buy online.

#19 ·
Strawberry, Raspberry and Cola MILLIONS are vegan - I could eat them til my gums bleed (not long). The Orange and Blackcurrant ones are not vegan though.

Boiled sweets tend to be usually vegan as they are pure sugar and excellent news for dentists

And yes! sherbet! that tube with the liquorice stick in the middle (bowff!)

I try not to eat sweets but it doesnt work

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity_thief View Post

(and if you go in oxfam them usually have dark devine with fruit and nut, or mint too! and those fantastic devine dark chocolate covered mango peices...)
Aye, I work at Oxfam and they have a pretty good range of vegan goodies in their fair trade section. Last time I looked I think there was divine after eights and normal dark chocolate bars (they do packs of 6 minibars I'm sure). Then they had the dark chocolate mango/apricot covered pieces and also some dark chocolate brazil nuts. There's a dark chocolate selection box too but I don't think I've checked that one out. I'll have to have a look when I'm next in and come post everything they have, I'm sure I'm missing some things.

I was hoping they'd do a dark chocolate advent calendar but it only seems we're stocking a milk one, which sucks. Montezumas do a vegan one if anyone wants one this Christmas!

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemushrooms View Post

Green and Blacks organic chocolate is superb and is widely available!

I enjoy pretty much all of their range though can confirm that the dark chocolate orange & spices one (Maya Gold I think?) is ok for both vegetarians and vegans...whilst the other flavours are suitable only for vegetarians (white & milk chocolate).
Not necessarily. They used to label Maya Gold as vegan but they don't any more: http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=88154

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

RUFFLES!!!!!!! Theyre so hard to find. But theyre the best chocolate bar ever Mmmmm. Ive had one hidden in my laptop case for about 4 months now, waiting for a rainy day. hahaha. and i havent seen any in the shops since I got that one!
Woolworths usually have the bars, but I haven't seem them elsewhere. There is also the same product as the bars, but individually wrapped little versions in bags. I've seen those in a corner shop before and also in a machine on campus.... which I think I'm going to visit right now... hehe. My boyfriend likes them so I'll get them "to share"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.