VeggieBoards banner

Vegan sweets uk

29K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  Vegan_Sweetys 
#1 ·
What vegan sweets do you eat?The kind you can buy at the supermarket and not on line(here in the uk)

I've been thinging about christmas and my belly.I planned to buy nuts, dried fruit and sweets to munch on,as we tend to get alot of choccies which i'm trying to avoid

#56 ·
Starburst not vegan

Starburst® Nutrition and Ingredients. * Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. INGREDIENTS:CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, APPLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, GELATIN, FOOD STARCH-MODIFIED, CITRIC ACID, LESS THAN 1.5% - PECTIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COLORING (RED 40, YELLOW 5). GLUTEN-FREE.

#57 ·
Starburst® Nutrition and Ingredients. * Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. INGREDIENTS:CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, APPLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, GELATIN, FOOD STARCH-MODIFIED, CITRIC ACID, LESS THAN 1.5% - PECTIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COLORING (RED 40, YELLOW 5). GLUTEN-FREE.
Hi masterof sweets.

This is a list of the Starburst ingredients on the manufacturer's (Wrigleys) UK site:

INGREDIENTS
GLUCOSE SYRUP, SUGAR, PALM FAT, MALIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, MODIFIED STARCH, DEXTRIN, CONCENTRATED FRUIT JUICES 0.5%*(APPLE, STRAWBERRY, CHERRY, RASPBERRY), MALTODEXTRIN, FLAVOURINGS, EMULSIFIER SOYBEAN LECITHIN, COLOURS BEETROOT RED, ANTHOCYANINS.*EQUIVALENT TO 4.4% FRUIT JUICE.
As far as I know, Starburst in the UK are ok for vegans.

The ingredients list you refer to seems to be from Starburst USA, and of course contains gelatin meaning they are NOT ok for veggies and vegans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.