VeggieBoards banner

Vegan sweets uk

29K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  Vegan_Sweetys 
#1 ·
What vegan sweets do you eat?The kind you can buy at the supermarket and not on line(here in the uk)

I've been thinging about christmas and my belly.I planned to buy nuts, dried fruit and sweets to munch on,as we tend to get alot of choccies which i'm trying to avoid

#37 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamry View Post

Aye, I work at Oxfam and they have a pretty good range of vegan goodies in their fair trade section. Last time I looked I think there was divine after eights and normal dark chocolate bars (they do packs of 6 minibars I'm sure). Then they had the dark chocolate mango/apricot covered pieces and also some dark chocolate brazil nuts. There's a dark chocolate selection box too but I don't think I've checked that one out. I'll have to have a look when I'm next in and come post everything they have, I'm sure I'm missing some things.

I was hoping they'd do a dark chocolate advent calendar but it only seems we're stocking a milk one, which sucks. Montezumas do a vegan one if anyone wants one this Christmas!
I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.

#39 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.
oooh wow. Thank you!! Everyone has been showing off theirs and I've been feeling so left out. I'll keep looking

#40 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

My mum bought me an advent calendar but hasn't given it to me yet. I'd put money on it being that one! No idea where she got it though

OH I bought 3 big bags of individual ruffles! In the pound shop! Woo!

#43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty View Post

Hi I've just had the best veggie sweets ever - vegan marshmallows from a company in the UK!!! I know

www.sweetvegan.co.uk

they do a vanilla marshmallow and a coconut covered marshmallow. I tried the vanilla & they are sooooo gorgeous - I can't believe it.

I'm going to order some in for Christmas

love dotty

ps I thought Ruffles had cochineal in them!
Wow thanks for the link! I'm ordering some marshmallows and fudge right now

#46 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post

No, where's Unicorn?
In Chorlton. Here's the website: http://www.unicorn-grocery.co.uk/

It's really good, it's all vegan, and has a lot of bulk items that they package themselves, and therefore have better prices. They also carry a lot of items that the 8th Day doesn't.

It's definitely worth a visit. It's also situated right at the end of the Fallowfield loop, so it's very easy to cycle there if you're close to the Loop.

#51 ·
Holland and Barrett sell vegan chocolate raisins and fudge made by the fabulous free from factory, they sell chocolate made by plamil as well. Sainsbury's and Tesco sell millionaire's shortbread and other lazy day foods and also vegan buttons and plamil chocolate :)

#54 ·
Holland and Barrett sell vegan chocolate raisins and fudge made by the fabulous free from factory, they sell chocolate made by plamil as well.
H&B also sell quite a bit of stuff under the name Neals Yard Wholefoods. Unfortunately the "dairy free" plain chocolate coated raisins/peanuts/brazilnuts/cranberries are not suitable for vegans as they contain insect secretions (shellac). :(

#53 ·
I love to eat marzipan as a sweet too sometimes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.