Vegan sweets uk - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Vegan sweets uk

Pirate Ferret's Avatar Pirate Ferret
06:17 AM 11-19-2008
You know what I love?

them little metallic balls you put on cakes

mmmmmmm



I discovered that asda flying saucers are now vegan. my friend was so happy that for once when she forced food on me i could eat it haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Freedom_Spark's Avatar Freedom_Spark
07:23 AM 11-19-2008
I didn't get a chance to read through the whole thread, so sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but are there any vegetarian/vegan Haribo?
phoenixks3's Avatar phoenixks3
08:32 AM 11-19-2008
ohhh i ddint realise you were on about cake decorations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
confusionisben's Avatar confusionisben
06:55 AM 11-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

You know what I love?

them little metallic balls you put on cakes

mmmmmmm





These contain gelatin as far as i'm aware
Pirate Ferret's Avatar Pirate Ferret
07:50 AM 11-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusionisben View Post

These contain gelatin as far as i'm aware



not the ones i eat! im a really paranoid label reader, its hard to get anything past meeee. cant remember the brand or anything though cause its been ages
confusionisben's Avatar confusionisben
07:33 AM 11-21-2008
Ooh, nice. If you find out what the brand is i'd appreciate it = killer cupcake decoration.
Loulelou's Avatar Loulelou
03:14 PM 11-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamry View Post

Aye, I work at Oxfam and they have a pretty good range of vegan goodies in their fair trade section. Last time I looked I think there was divine after eights and normal dark chocolate bars (they do packs of 6 minibars I'm sure). Then they had the dark chocolate mango/apricot covered pieces and also some dark chocolate brazil nuts. There's a dark chocolate selection box too but I don't think I've checked that one out. I'll have to have a look when I'm next in and come post everything they have, I'm sure I'm missing some things.



I was hoping they'd do a dark chocolate advent calendar but it only seems we're stocking a milk one, which sucks. Montezumas do a vegan one if anyone wants one this Christmas!



I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.
Eve1188's Avatar Eve1188
01:02 PM 12-01-2008
[QUOTE=phoenixks3]starburst are vegan but mars test on animals so i guess they are not vegan QUOTE]



Mars test on animals! But starburst are in "The Animal Free Shopper" I just spent £5 on the 8th edition published last month! Thats disappointing youd think the Vegan Society would get it rite.
Hamry's Avatar Hamry
03:04 PM 12-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.



oooh wow. Thank you!! Everyone has been showing off theirs and I've been feeling so left out. I'll keep looking
Pirate Ferret's Avatar Pirate Ferret
04:54 PM 12-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.



My mum bought me an advent calendar but hasn't given it to me yet. I'd put money on it being that one! No idea where she got it though



OH I bought 3 big bags of individual ruffles! In the pound shop! Woo!
dotty's Avatar dotty
02:53 PM 12-15-2008
Hi I've just had the best veggie sweets ever - vegan marshmallows from a company in the UK!!! I know

www.sweetvegan.co.uk

they do a vanilla marshmallow and a coconut covered marshmallow. I tried the vanilla & they are sooooo gorgeous - I can't believe it.

I'm going to order some in for Christmas

love dotty



ps I thought Ruffles had cochineal in them!
Andromache's Avatar Andromache
07:17 PM 12-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

I have the Divine dark chocolate advent caldendar hanging above my bed right now! You're right-Oxfam didn't sell it, but mine is from my local health food shop (8th Day in Manchester), so you could try one of those if you have one near.



I love 8th Day! You're in Manchester too?
Shifu's Avatar Shifu
04:44 PM 12-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty View Post

Hi I've just had the best veggie sweets ever - vegan marshmallows from a company in the UK!!! I know

www.sweetvegan.co.uk

they do a vanilla marshmallow and a coconut covered marshmallow. I tried the vanilla & they are sooooo gorgeous - I can't believe it.

I'm going to order some in for Christmas

love dotty



ps I thought Ruffles had cochineal in them!



Wow thanks for the link! I'm ordering some marshmallows and fudge right now
Loulelou's Avatar Loulelou
08:37 AM 12-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post

I love 8th Day! You're in Manchester too?



Yup! Well, not at the moment, am home visiting family. Do you know Unicorn? I do most of me shopping there! Got loads of my Christmas shopping there too!
Andromache's Avatar Andromache
06:56 PM 12-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

Yup! Well, not at the moment, am home visiting family. Do you know Unicorn? I do most of me shopping there! Got loads of my Christmas shopping there too!



No, where's Unicorn?
mazikeen's Avatar mazikeen
05:25 PM 12-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromache View Post

No, where's Unicorn?



In Chorlton. Here's the website: http://www.unicorn-grocery.co.uk/



It's really good, it's all vegan, and has a lot of bulk items that they package themselves, and therefore have better prices. They also carry a lot of items that the 8th Day doesn't.



It's definitely worth a visit. It's also situated right at the end of the Fallowfield loop, so it's very easy to cycle there if you're close to the Loop.
mazikeen's Avatar mazikeen
05:26 PM 12-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulelou View Post

I do most of me shopping there! Got loads of my Christmas shopping there too!



Ditto, on both counts! I even get a student discount, too.
mrs Robley
08:49 PM 02-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinders7 View Post
Could anyone tell me if starburst are vegan?
yes starburst are vegan even peta say they are. check out there website for more info on sweets and biscuits and chocolates that are vegan
mrs Robley
09:10 PM 02-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom_Spark View Post
I didn't get a chance to read through the whole thread, so sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but are there any vegetarian/vegan Haribo?
hi yes some haribo sweets are vegan . rainbowtwists, sour rainbow strips x sour rainbow twists.
dropscone's Avatar dropscone
01:58 PM 02-11-2015
Marks and Spencers are now doing vegetarian versions of many of their jelly sweets, and quite a few are vegan too! The veggie Percys unfortunately contain beeswax, but the Percy's tails look to be okay, as do the fruit pastilles and wine gums.
Go Vegan's Avatar Go Vegan
05:50 PM 02-12-2015
Holland and Barrett sell vegan chocolate raisins and fudge made by the fabulous free from factory, they sell chocolate made by plamil as well. Sainsbury's and Tesco sell millionaire's shortbread and other lazy day foods and also vegan buttons and plamil chocolate
Jati's Avatar Jati
05:39 PM 02-20-2015
My faves are Goody Good Stuff. They do really yummy cola bottles, sour sweets, and lots of others. You can get them from big health food stores and online. All their sweets are gelatin free and dairy free, and suitable for vegans :-)
Go Vegan's Avatar Go Vegan
02:57 AM 02-21-2015
I love to eat marzipan as a sweet too sometimes
leedsveg
03:26 AM 02-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post
Holland and Barrett sell vegan chocolate raisins and fudge made by the fabulous free from factory, they sell chocolate made by plamil as well.
H&B also sell quite a bit of stuff under the name Neals Yard Wholefoods. Unfortunately the "dairy free" plain chocolate coated raisins/peanuts/brazilnuts/cranberries are not suitable for vegans as they contain insect secretions (shellac).
Go Vegan's Avatar Go Vegan
03:46 AM 02-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsveg View Post
H&B also sell quite a bit of stuff under the name Neals Yard Wholefoods. Unfortunately the "dairy free" plain chocolate coated raisins/peanuts/brazilnuts/cranberries are not suitable for vegans as they contain insect secretions (shellac).
The fabulous free from factory chocolate coated raisins are ok though

http://www.veganoo.net/2012/07/revie...-choc.html?m=1




masterofsweets's Avatar masterofsweets
01:53 AM 03-31-2015
Starburst® Nutrition and Ingredients. * Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. INGREDIENTS:CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, APPLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, GELATIN, FOOD STARCH-MODIFIED, CITRIC ACID, LESS THAN 1.5% - PECTIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COLORING (RED 40, YELLOW 5). GLUTEN-FREE.
leedsveg
09:30 AM 03-31-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofsweets View Post
Starburst® Nutrition and Ingredients. * Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. INGREDIENTS:CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, APPLE JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, GELATIN, FOOD STARCH-MODIFIED, CITRIC ACID, LESS THAN 1.5% - PECTIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COLORING (RED 40, YELLOW 5). GLUTEN-FREE.
Hi masterof sweets.

This is a list of the Starburst ingredients on the manufacturer's (Wrigleys) UK site:

Quote:
INGREDIENTS
GLUCOSE SYRUP, SUGAR, PALM FAT, MALIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, MODIFIED STARCH, DEXTRIN, CONCENTRATED FRUIT JUICES 0.5%*(APPLE, STRAWBERRY, CHERRY, RASPBERRY), MALTODEXTRIN, FLAVOURINGS, EMULSIFIER SOYBEAN LECITHIN, COLOURS BEETROOT RED, ANTHOCYANINS.*EQUIVALENT TO 4.4% FRUIT JUICE.
As far as I know, Starburst in the UK are ok for vegans.

The ingredients list you refer to seems to be from Starburst USA, and of course contains gelatin meaning they are NOT ok for veggies and vegans.
Tayla
04:18 AM 04-13-2015
I know that a lot of tesco's own brand sweets are vegetarian, not sure if they're vegan though.. I would recommend looking through 'accidentlyveganuk's instagram, they are always posting sweets and snack type products that are 'accidentally vegan'
https://instagram.com/accidentallyveganuk/
AppleandMango
07:18 AM 07-09-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejey View Post
Jelly Beans are vegan, the ones that come in a million different flavours
They are... Though are polished with honey
Ferociously Vegan
02:42 AM 06-25-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinders7 View Post
What vegan sweets do you eat?The kind you can buy at the supermarket and not on line(here in the uk)



I've been thinging about christmas and my belly.I planned to buy nuts, dried fruit and sweets to munch on,as we tend to get alot of choccies which i'm trying to avoid
Have you heard of Viva? They have a great shop online and their treats are all vegan. The Ethicoco choc is gorgeous, the orange and ginger one. You can join too if you want as it is a charity too.

Reply Up
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3