Vegan- and omni-friendly restaurants/pubs in Camden - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 AM

derwenna and I will be playing a gig in Camden this Saturday, and we're trying to find a place to take the band out for dinner - the other two members of the band are omnis with what you might call more "traditional" tastes. We're going to try and persuade them to go to the-all-veggie-Thai-buffet-by-Camden-Town-tube-whose-name-temporarily-escapes-me but if that fails then can anyone suggest other places within a few minutes walk that might be suitable?

I guess I'm looking for an omni restaurant or pub that has vegan options but isn't all spicy curries or similar (one of the band has problems with overly spicy stuff). I've looked on HappyCow and apart from the InSpiral lounge all the places it lists are either middle-eastern/indian or close by 6pm.

Can anyone offer any inspiration?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Ex-*****

Middle-Eastern probably wouldn't necessarily be all too spicy? Never had it before I went veg, but the vegan foods are all fine by me, and I don't like overly spicy stuff either.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#3 Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Banned

Go to the Green Note! While you're there you can try and talk the management into getting your band a gig there.

http://www.greennote.co.uk/index.php...id=13&Itemid=5

Plenty of choices to please ominis and those frightened of flavour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Veggie Regular

The Green Note looks nice, although I've never been there! I think the place near the station is just called "Tai" and its alright there, although very very mock meat based (and when I've been to them it always seems pretty much cold, not sure if it is meant to be hot!). So the Green Note might be a bit more omni friendly as it isn't so much 'mock' stuff. It is cool though to be able to pick from a buffet

Good luck with the gig!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page