Prevent return of Amersham horses prior to animal cruelty trial! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Description/History:

In early January 2008 the RSPCA, assisted by other equine welfare organisations, removed over 100 horses, ponies and donkeys from Spindles Farm, Amersham and charges of animal cruelty were brought against the Gray family. Most of the animals required extensive veterinary treatment and nursing care to start them on the road to good health and some will need continued care for many months to come.

The farm's owner, James Gray, made a formal application to Oxford Magistrates Court on Friday, 4th April 2008 to have the animals returned. The Deputy District Judge ruled to return 29 of these animals into the care of the family, deemed to be family pets, and to send another 82 to public auction. This decision has been greeted with outrage and dismay by the welfare agencies caring for the animals as the case against the Gray family for offences under section 4 and section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act (2006) is yet to be heard.

It is not in the best interests of the animals for these rulings to take place and the RSPCA will investigate all other avenues of appeal. Members of the public are invited to sign this petition to show their support for the RSPCA and the other equine welfare organisations currently caring for these animals in order to secure their future welfare.

Sign the petition here -

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...am-horses.html

And on the offical website there's sample letters that you can send to the Judge, Amersham's MP and your MP -

http://amershamhorses.com/

I go to live near and go to college in Amersham, I can't believe they're planning to do this. I don't normally put much stock into online petitions but this one's been endorsed and advertised by the RSPCA, and you can send letters if you'd rather not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so angry and this judge's decision, the poor horses should be left with the charitys. Who knows what he has planned for those 29 horses, and who knows what will happen to the others when sold in auction.

I've already signed the petition, i can't believe this can happen.
#3 Old 04-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember hearing about it, I can't believe they will let those people keep animals PERIOD, family pets or not.

I see the petition is closed though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep - because they've agreed to let them stay with the rescues!

http://amershamhorses.com/40%20/rspc...or-time-being/
#5 Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh brillient, lets hope they stay there!
#6 Old 04-16-2008, 07:27 AM

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page