The UK Introductions/Locations Thread! - Page 22 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#631 Old 08-03-2013, 07:00 AM

Hi all, 

I'm Jess, I'm 24 and I live in the West Midlands. I would love to try and meet some local vegans and make some friends here online. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 Old 08-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessFace View Post

Hi all, 

I'm Jess, I'm 24 and I live in the West Midlands. I would love to try and meet some local vegans and make some friends here online. :)

Have you thought about joining this group? smiley.gif Contact Midlands Vegan Campaigns

#633 Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi!

I'm Sigrid, studying and living in Durham at the moment, but originally from Norway! We have a small Vegetarian and Vegan society connected to the university, of which I am the president. We would love it if there's someone in the area interested in joining us! There's always an abundance of food when we meet up (hummus and pita anyone?)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#634 Old 08-04-2013, 10:56 PM

Sigrid I would love to tip up to a meet but I'm so unbelievably anti social when it comes to that type of things. Please know I am supporting you from afar.
#635 Old 08-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy85 View Post

Sigrid I would love to tip up to a meet but I'm so unbelievably anti social when it comes to that type of things. Please know I am supporting you from afar.

Don't worry about it! Whereabouts are you from, since you're close enough to come by?
#636 Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 AM

Just outside Durham, in Langley Moor. My wife would potentially like to meet as she loves that type of thing. Where do you guys normally meet? I'm guessing jumping bean or tia's?
#637 Old 08-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Veggie Regular

That is so cool! Your wife is very welcome to meet up with us any time! It depends on the type of meeting we have. Most of the time we meet in the café at the Durham Student's Union and have a potluck kind of thing, where everyone brings something. But we've been to the Jumping Bean quite a few times and also Tia's.

This is the link to our FB page, everything we do gets posted on there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/434494103254001/

drowsyturtle likes this.
#638 Old 08-05-2013, 01:21 AM

Potluck!? Sweet! Always wanted to try one but thought they were only in US. What are the numbers like?
#639 Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:

Potluck!? Sweet! Always wanted to try one but thought they were only in US.

Same here (until about a week ago) then found out there's one just started up in a town near me (vegan food only).  They have one on this evening and I was thinking of going but I'm not feeling very well today and have called in sick to work.

I'm also a bit like you Ponyboy in terms of being anti-social ~ meeting new people freaks the fcuk out of me worried.gif  Chances are that even if I was feeling okay I probably wouldn't have gone.  I really need a kick up the backside!

#640 Old 08-05-2013, 01:57 AM

Hey Sigrid i'm gutted I missed the monthly vegan cafe. We're going to try and get a few to come down to the next one. How popular was it?

QV I am ultra confident in groups when I know people but up to that point I hate it and try to avoid it. I thinks it because initially I come across as moody but it isn't I just feel a bit uncomfortable.
#641 Old 08-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hey Sigrid i'm gutted I missed the monthly vegan cafe. We're going to try and get a few to come down to the next one. How popular was it?

QV I am ultra confident in groups when I know people but up to that point I hate it and try to avoid it. I thinks it because initially I come across as moody but it isn't I just feel a bit uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, I missed it too as I'm still in Norway! But I'll be back in Durham on the 23rd and we have 2 more events coming up, so feel free to come along! They're looking for volunteers too, I'm working the september and october events :) But from what the others have told me, it was really popular!

I'm kind of the same, actually... I'm quite introverted, but tend to force myself to attend stuff like this because it's a cause which I'm passionate about :)

#642 Old 08-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:

QV I am ultra confident in groups when I know people but up to that point I hate it and try to avoid it

Same here ~ I never used to be like that when I was younger though, I seem to have become more insular as I've got older.  Give it another 10 years and I'll probably be a wild-eyed hermit living in a cave somewhere grin.gif

#643 Old 08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessFace View Post

Hi all, 

Hi Jess, I'm in the West Mids too :)  

That awkward moment when your partner walks into the kitchen to find you huddled in the corner with an open container of nooch and a spoon and your mouth encrusted with little flakes...  
#644 Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Hi! I'm 21 year-old guy and a University student. I don't have any vegan/vegetarian friends to talk about cute little fluffy animals with, so I'm here!

I'm from the East Midlands and I usually wander around Leicester, Derby and Nottingham.

#645 Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

Give it another 10 years and I'll probably be a wild-eyed hermit living in a cave somewhere grin.gif

You are almost describing my life now.tongue3.gif I have been to vegan meet-ups a few years ago and it was nerve racking at first when you don't know anyone but the people were very friendly and supportive.smiley.gif

#646 Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Hello smiley.gif I'm new to London (and this board!), my name is Sarah and I'm 30 years old. My home is Australia and I've been vegetarian for about 15 years. I've also joined vegan/vegetarian meetup groups but I find going along for the first time a little intimidating! (Does anyone else?) I'm glad this forum exists because it makes interacting much easier. Off to lurk- but hope to chat soon
#647 Old 08-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Hi Sarah and welcome to VB

You're certainly not alone re: meet ups ~ I'm the same and so is at least one other poster here (it came up recently in a discussion!)

#648 Old 10-06-2013, 03:44 AM

Well my name is Andrea and I'd love to meet up with new veggie's and vegans! I have one veggie friend and we love going out for meals together cause we always order things each other would like and half our food with each other, or swap plates half way through!

Anyway, Ive just turned 30 (oh my god!) and I live in South Yorkshire. My favourite food is Lebanese or Greek and I'm a bit of a cheese addict *pats belly* :lick: 

#649 Old 10-07-2013, 08:20 AM

Hello everyone I'm Sean, 20, born in Shropshire, presently in Nottingham for uni. Hello.

#650 Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM

Veganwolf. Get yourself to the alley cat cafe, it's amazing!
#651 Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 AM
The prowling wolf

I am migrating to Yorkshire from the Netherlands at november 3d  :)

I am going to live with my boyfriend in Market Weighton. So exited! :D 

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#652 Old 12-16-2013, 05:44 AM

Hello!

We're new to the veggieboards and we're really loving it so far, there are so many interesting discussions going on. :)

We're a small company based in Bath (Ooh arrr!) selling vegan shoes and boots that are all registered with The Vegan Society. We're looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

#653 Old 12-17-2013, 05:57 AM

Ooh, I didn't post here when I joined! I'm in South Wales, not far from Cardiff. I was o/l vegetarian for 28 years and have been strict vegetarian for a few months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcoVeganShoes View Post

Hello!

We're new to the veggieboards and we're really loving it so far, there are so many interesting discussions going on. :)

We're a small company based in Bath (Ooh arrr!) selling vegan shoes and boots that are all registered with The Vegan Society. We're looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Do you have children's shoes or know of an online stockist of quality vegan children's shoes? I have been so p'd off with highstreet/supermarket man-made kids shoes that just fall apart in weeks that I go back to Clarks for their winter footwear but I'd much rather not :(

#654 Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 AM

We'd really like to make children's shoes but finding an ethical factory to produce them hasn't been fruitiful so far. :( We hear the same question a lot from customers but never know what to suggest either, it seems to be a black hole in vegan knowledge. :(

#655 Old 01-02-2014, 01:01 PM

Hey all

I'm Dave, not a kick in the arse off 42 and from Durham, although not lived there for a while. Previous four years in Hackney, the four before in Brighton and presently reside in the Georgian theme park that is Bath - rumours are there is an eco-vegan shoe company here. 

I've been vegan for about 20 years *creak* and veggie for a bit before that. I'm into brains, beats, Belgian beer and consciousness.

all the best for 2014

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
#656 Old 01-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Dave. Get yourself into head of steam on North Road for a couple of delightful Belgian Beers then head up to Jumping Bean Cafe for a vegan sandwich and soup. There's also a vegan pop up cafe on the first Saturday of every month up near the cathedral. I will try and find you the info.

You may know all of this anyway!
#657 Old 01-03-2014, 08:22 AM

The Head of Steam I do know but not aware of the Jumping Bean Cafe or the pop up shop. I'll make sure to check them out next time I'm up visiting my mam.

cheers for the info

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
#658 Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 AM

Hi everyone

I'm Martin, known as MusicByMartin on the site and I'm from Liverpool, long time (since age 8, now 46) vegetarian (pretty close to vegan) and very happy to be here!  :)

I love:

Music (creating and listening, learning and gigging)

Food (obviously) crazy about apples, roasted peppers, green lentils in tamarind

Running and excercise (just to annoy my carni-colleagues who think we're all wimps)

The world which sustains us

Data management (but only to ensure monthly income)

Erudite and challenging conversation

#659 Old 01-07-2014, 06:48 AM

Hi Dave,

We're currently based in Bath but we don't have a bricks-and-mortar shop. We're based purely online. :)

#660 Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM

Hiya, I'm Leia (but most people call me Lee), I'm 18 and live in London. I have been vegan for almost 2 years and don't see myself ever going back :) I'm currently on a gap year, doing as much volunteering as is physically possible lol but my applications for Uni have been put in! I meet up with my local veggie/vegan groups as often as I can and am always here to help if anybody needs advice. 
It's nice to meet you all *tips hat*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page