The UK Introductions/Locations Thread! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

The UK Introductions/Locations Thread!

derwenna's Avatar derwenna
03:36 AM 02-15-2008
Hi! I'm Charley, 24 (very nearly 25) and I live in Sheffield. I like playing music, cooking, swimming, going to folk festivals and corrupting the world with vegan chocolate cake. I've been vegan for a year and a half and was vegetarian for 8 years before that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

IamJen's Avatar IamJen
05:28 AM 02-15-2008
Louise! You're right in our neck of the woods. There's another guy here too, who studies in Oxford, but I'm failing to recall his name.
Louise Rebecca's Avatar Louise Rebecca
06:27 AM 02-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Louise! You're right in our neck of the woods. There's another guy here too, who studies in Oxford, but I'm failing to recall his name.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Identity_thief's Avatar Identity_thief
10:27 AM 02-16-2008
Hey I'm laurA, and I'm sixteen. I went vegetarian at 11 years old, I went dairy-free about 10 months ago and I suppose now I am vegan - but a very recent vegan so I hesitate to say that before I know all the ropes a bit better! I live in wiltshire and... that's about it
IamJen's Avatar IamJen
10:29 AM 02-16-2008
Hi Laura! Congratulations on taking the vegan plunge.
GhostUser's Avatar GhostUser
10:48 AM 02-16-2008
Hi! I'm Annie.

I'm 16 and I live in the Welsh Marches. I'm l/o vegetarian but will be going vegan when I leave home.

I love dogs... I have 4 of them. I love reading, walking and camping!

I'm also really bad at writing introductions about myself which is why I've been avoiding this thread...
Falcarius's Avatar Falcarius
04:26 AM 02-19-2008
I don't post here much as I tend to just lurk. Anyway, I am Mark and I another person living in Oxfordshire (Oxford to be more precise). Most people think I am strange, as I am 20 years old guy and I have lots of cuddly toys, including two and half foot pink panther. My two and a half foot Pink Panther is sitting behind me as I type this. I use my Pink Panther to protect myself from evil spirits. Who needs gargoyles when you have a Pink Panther ?

It is hard for me to say when I first became vegetarian. Originally, I avoided meat as I did not like the taste of meat, I was more or less semi-vegetarian until I was 10 years old.

I like art, walking in the countryside, reading, and playing computer games.
Louise Rebecca's Avatar Louise Rebecca
02:45 PM 02-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post

I don't post here much as I tend to just lurk. Anyway, I am Mark and I another person living in Oxfordshire (Oxford to be more precise). Most people think I am strange, as I am 20 years old guy and I have lots of cuddly toys, including two and half foot pink panther. My two and a half foot Pink Panther is sitting behind me as I type this. I use my Pink Panther to protect myself from evil spirits. Who needs gargoyles when you have a Pink Panther ?

It is hard for me to say when I first became vegetarian. Originally, I avoided meat as I did not like the taste of meat, I was more or less semi-vegetarian until I was 10 years old.

I like art, walking in the countryside, reading, and playing computer games.

Yay another person from Oxfordshire
llamapower's Avatar llamapower
04:15 PM 02-19-2008
Hey Charley, I remember you saying you lived in Sheffield when I was originally hoping to move there for uni! I've seen your card for your band on the Blue Moon noticeboard as well, was just looking in there for a room for my bf who might be moving up soon. Sheffield seems pretty cool for veg*n stuff and I'm involved with Sheffield Animal Friends, which is the veg*n society at shef uni but also a more general animal rights campaign group, they do a lot of demos. I've yet to visit all the places on the list I've got of vegan friendly cafes tho and I don't know if it's true that Endcliffe Park cafe does soya ice cream but I hope so. I met another vegan in my year recently and she's now going out with my (omni but lovely) housemate which is cool! So hi anyway shef buddy!
Indian Summer's Avatar Indian Summer
04:57 AM 02-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post

I don't post here much as I tend to just lurk. Anyway, I am Mark and I another person living in Oxfordshire (Oxford to be more precise).

Ah, I always thought there was something familiar with that gargoyle in your avatar! Good to see that there are more veg*ns around here!
Falcarius's Avatar Falcarius
08:16 AM 02-20-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise Rebecca View Post

Yay another person from Oxfordshire

Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Ah, I always thought there was something familiar with that gargoyle in your avatar! Good to see that there are more veg*ns around here!

Yeah, I was trying to get a picture that was the right avatar size. I can't remember what college it was on, but I find it funny.
theatregirl's Avatar theatregirl
12:12 PM 02-20-2008
Devon

theatregirl (Janey)

I'm 35 and live with my omni husband and two cats. I'm vegetarian but have at least two complete vegan days a week if not more. I'm hoping to go completely vegan. I am passionate about animal welfare and I think I prefer animals to people!! My other interest is regularly going to the theatre. I've been vegetarian for 16 years.
Spidergrrl's Avatar Spidergrrl
05:31 AM 02-22-2008
Theatregirl--if you can get to London to see The Hour we knew Nothing of Each Other at the national theatre i would highly recomend it. It is a play with 27 actors, 450 characters and no dialogue. basically all different people walking along a street and how they interact (or don't) with the people around them. There were realistic people (old women with trolleys walking very slowly) and surreal people like Moses with the 10 commandments. It was the most interesting thing we've seen all year.

EDITED TO SAY: actually I would recomend it to everyone, but not everyone is into experimental theatre.
theatregirl's Avatar theatregirl
06:14 AM 02-22-2008
Wow that sounds exciting! If I get up to London in the near future I'll try to go along.
aardvarkboy's Avatar aardvarkboy
02:24 PM 02-22-2008
Hi, I'm new and from Reading which puts me in the Oxfordshire neck of the woods as well
IamJen's Avatar IamJen
04:40 PM 02-22-2008
Hiya! We've not spent much time in Reading (except for in the rail station ), but it seems to be a pretty veg-friendly place.

I was reading another of your posts, about your upcoming cycle trip..sounds like an adventure indeed!
aardvarkboy's Avatar aardvarkboy
06:40 AM 02-23-2008
Hi Jen, thanks. You're probably not missing too much by not leaving the station as Reading itself isn't that great. Soon as you get out along the river into the coutryside though it couldn't be better!

Yeah, it's ok to eat out in Reading, there are a couple of vegetarian resteraunts and a lot of thai/indian resteraunts with good vegetarian food.

Thank you, it will be an adventure, but I still don't have a start date yet because I'm not brave enough to go on my own and as yet haven't brainwashed someone into thinking it's a good idea!
plainsong's Avatar plainsong
08:27 PM 03-07-2008
Call me Ben, it's not my real name but what the heck (it IS actually his real name). Umm, there's my pic <<<<<< determine the age of the beast for yourself

I'm from West London and have been veggie since age 12. Later in my teens I stopped with the leather shoes and wool etc, and if not for pizza cheese and the milk in Nutella I'd have been vegan. Gave those up (the dairy shiz) about 5/6 years ago and stepped into the realm of the mighty veeeeeg!!! If anyone knows the band Goldfinger - it was after seeing their "Free Me" video that I vowed veganism on the spot.

People I know tend to frown upon the whole vegan `thing` - apparently I `need meat`?. Sigh. If one of 'em says that to me again I'll choke 'em with a Fry's vegan sausage!!

Eh-hem, now I shall paste this whole thing onto my profile page
emiliejane's Avatar emiliejane
01:04 PM 03-09-2008
I'm Emilie, an 18-year-old 11 year veggie from Hereford
IamJen's Avatar IamJen
01:30 PM 03-09-2008
Hi Emilie Welcome!
Tablaqueen's Avatar Tablaqueen
02:55 AM 03-11-2008
hello, i thought i'd post again since it's been quite a while since i joined and i went away for a long time...i think i'm back now! i'm not always good about sticking to forums and stuff though.

Anyway my name is Rhiannon, I live in North London (Tottenham) and I'm vegetarian. I would quite like to try going mostly vegan but I've been saying it for ages and I don't have much willpower and am not very good about cooking!
IamJen's Avatar IamJen
02:58 AM 03-11-2008

04:46 AM 03-11-2008
hi Jen! i remember you from when i was on here before!
kat's Avatar kat
05:44 AM 03-11-2008
Hey Tablaqueen, I live in North London as well!
07:30 AM 03-11-2008
cool, are there ever London meetups?
kat's Avatar kat
09:02 AM 03-11-2008
You missed one we had a few months ago, but I'm sure there will be others...
Spidergrrl's Avatar Spidergrrl
02:08 AM 03-12-2008
Yes! we should have another one! The last one was fun!
Fona's Avatar Fona
04:59 AM 03-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsong View Post

If anyone knows the band Goldfinger - it was after seeing their "Free Me" video that I vowed veganism on the spot.

I'm off to youtube to investigate that video now.
Punk_in_Drublic's Avatar Punk_in_Drublic
05:03 AM 03-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiliejane View Post

I'm Emilie, an 18-year-old 11 year veggie from Hereford

Woo!! Someone near me!!
TreeManEarthSteward's Avatar TreeManEarthSteward
01:16 PM 03-18-2008
Hey thats not allowed, I thought me and drublic were the most nearest *vegans* geographically in the world, and now look, you'll have me in tears

Reply Up