Veggie friendly places in Perth, Scotland? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM

I may be visiting soon and was wondering if anyone on VB knew of places to eat?

My search on HappyCow has proved fruitless, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Isn't Perth tiny?
#3 Old 12-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Umm, no idea!

I went years ago and it seemed pretty big, with shopping centres etc.

I suppose there's always a chinese restaurant or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I dunno, it's probably one of those things I just decided.

Yeah, chinese is always good.
#5 Old 12-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

there is a pretty good restaurant and cafe section on this bit of the perth website: http://www.perthcity.co.uk/index.asp?cat=Eating%20Out

looks like there are a few chinese and indian restaurants, and one place mentions vegetarian options specifically (looks like a wetherspoons type chain pub). the mexican restaurant claims to have over 10 veggie dishes! wooh hoo! they look pretty good, too. their link on the perth city site is wrong, correct address seems to be: http://www.amigosrestaurant.co.uk/

i spose thats a start. you should do fine. i've been to pretty rural parts scotland a couple times and never found it too hard to get something half decent.
#6 Old 12-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

there is a pretty good restaurant and cafe section on this bit of the perth website: http://www.perthcity.co.uk/index.asp?cat=Eating%20Out

looks like there are a few chinese and indian restaurants, and one place mentions vegetarian options specifically (looks like a wetherspoons type chain pub). the mexican restaurant claims to have over 10 veggie dishes! wooh hoo! they look pretty good, too. their link on the perth city site is wrong, correct address seems to be: http://www.amigosrestaurant.co.uk/

i spose thats a start. you should do fine. i've been to pretty rural parts scotland a couple times and never found it too hard to get something half decent.

Thanks, looks like going for a chinese will still be the best option.

Amigos has lacto-ovo options, but I don't see any vegan options unfortunately. I'm not really a big fan of mexican to be honest.
#7 Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Perth is lovely, I've never eaten there since going veg*n though. So this post is quite redundant, oops
#8 Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Aaaw man I was there just last week and ended up going to pizza hut and getting a pizza without cheese. (it sucked, by the way). At least I know for next time ;D
#9 Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 AM

I've never ordered a pizza without cheese, I'm always worried the staff will look at me as if I'm crazy!

Pizza Express are apparently sympathetic to vegans, although I haven't been in one.
#10 Old 12-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Veggie View Post

I've never ordered a pizza without cheese, I'm always worried the staff will look at me as if I'm crazy!

Pizza Express are apparently sympathetic to vegans, although I haven't been in one.

yeah I love pizza express. They don't have a massive amount of vegetarian pizzas but the ones they have are really nice and when you order without cheese they don't act weird they have nice starters of things like olives, roasted seeds and nuts, etc, too. My only complaint is that there are no vegan or veganisable desserts (the sorbet has gelatine )
#11 Old 01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

yeah I love pizza express. They don't have a massive amount of vegetarian pizzas but the ones they have are really nice and when you order without cheese they don't act weird

Do you know if you can order pizzas minus the pesto? I'm assuming the pesto contains cheese, think I read somewhere that it does. I was just looking at the menu and there's one called the Giardiniera that sounds really nice and looks like it would be vegan minus the cheese and pesto.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page