VeggieBoards banner

How would you describe your dress style?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Nerthus 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm wondering how would you go about describing your style? What sort of clothes do you guys wear and how do you pick them?

For me, I have two styles. The first one is a streetwear style (hoodies, baseball hats, oversized t-shirts (usually white), cotton trousers (usually black) and trainers (from Karrimor, red). If it is cold (like now) I would put a navy parka on made of cotton. I wear gloves because I don't like my hands feeling cold and turning red. When buying accessories such as gloves I look for quality and price.

Then my casual style consists of long-sleeve t-shirts (they're also called henleys or grandad collar t-shirts, in white), tarped navy jeans, and sneakers. I usually buy my clothes from either H&M, New Look, Primark, and/or Topman. There are months where I don't spend a penny on clothing, and others where I easily spend 100 pounds or more. As a student on a budget, I try to be smart about my shopping, only buying what I consider essential. When my wardrobe feels like it has become overcrowded, I then donate my unused-for-a-while clothes to a charity.

What about you?

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering how would you go about describing your style? What sort of clothes do you guys wear and how do you pick them?

For me, I have two styles. The first one is a streetwear style (hoodies, baseball hats, oversized t-shirts (usually white), cotton trousers (usually black) and trainers (from Karrimor, red). If it is cold (like now) I would put a navy parka on made of cotton. I wear gloves because I don't like my hands feeling cold and turning red. When buying accessories such as gloves I look for quality and price.

Then my casual style consists of long-sleeve t-shirts (they're also called henleys or grandad collar t-shirts, in white), tarped navy jeans, and sneakers. I usually buy my clothes from either H&M, New Look, Primark, and/or Topman. There are months where I don't spend a penny on clothing, and others where I easily spend 100 pounds or more. As a student on a budget, I try to be smart about my shopping, only buying what I consider essential. When my wardrobe feels like it has become overcrowded, I then donate my unused-for-a-while clothes to a charity.

What about you?
My clothes are made of woven threads, a technology which dates back to 8000 BCE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Utilitarian. Standard kit: blue-jeans, a pocket T, and sneakers. In winter, swap the sneakers for canvass boots, add a hoodie and a top coat. I'm retired, so I don't have to dress to impress. :laugh:

#4 ·
I suppose I have 3 dress styles. If I'm in a social setting where people are dressing up, or at work, I pay more attention to what I'm wearing. At home or on my own, I dress much more casually- but I seldom wear short pants, sneakers, or sandals (I walk a LOT and my shoes have to be sturdy and durable). And since I spend time out-of-doors all year, the weather is a factor,

Finally, I keep a small supply of worn-out or "expendable" clothing for doing rough chores like yardwork, where I'm likely to get tears or holes in what I'm wearing.

#5 ·
My style - whatever I find in second hand shops or am gifted by a daughter who is a clothes buyer rather than wearer. Clearly I have a "style" but what I do is take anything suitable for a particular day's weather or if I need to go out or not and dress it up with scarf, hat matching sneakers or boots and, yeah, ready to rock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.