Midlanders! Leicester Vegan Fair 21st November - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By vegijohn

#1 Old 10-25-2015, 09:52 AM
just add raisins

Thumbs up Midlanders! Leicester Vegan Fair 21st November

Very excited about this, it's moved to a bigger venue since last year (and I enjoyed last year's fair), and is being held for the first time at the Queens Building of De Montfort University. They've got a lot of great-looking food stalls (Gelato Village does amazing vegan sorbettos including a dark chocolate, and they're making something special for the fair, I can't wait), charities, local businesses and there's going to be a family room organised by the local vegan families group.

Here's a link to the Facebook page for more info - https://www.facebook.com/lvf2015?fref=ts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-25-2015, 06:08 PM

I attended the civic hall vegan fest in Wolverhampton sat 24th oct,it was ok I suppose,I sat in on a couple of talks and generally walked around,it's the first time that iv'e went to any kind of vegan fest,ive just in the last couple of months decided to let go of dairy and meat and I suppose that makes me a vegan,but I do eat the processed foods such as tofurky and the frys family range of products,and to be honest they were a god send,i might give the Leicester vegan fair a go in November.
#3 Old 10-26-2015, 01:51 PM
just add raisins

This isn't going to be as big as the Wolves fair, but I think the flow will be good because the layout of the building is like a wide corridor for people to walk up and down looking at stalls on either side, and there will be food and entertainment/talks in side rooms, with space to sit down but be entertained. I've been to a green fest at this venue before and it was really nice!

Foodwise, it looks like there's going to be something for everyone. I've never tried Vork pies before, I'm guessing they're a substitute pork pie? The pastry looks nice anyway, so I'm interested to try them.

EDIT: there's a Meetup of the local veggies group at 11am if you're interested in meeting local folks - http://www.meetup.com/LeicesterVeggi...nts/226291110/

Last edited by dropscone; 10-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page